Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What will it take for you to return with confidence back to Hyatt Hotels?

Old May 7, 20, 11:25 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Its taken me nearly two months to put my thoughts together after doing 100 nights a year with Hyatt to effectively 0 over the past 60 days
The message from Hyatt directly IMHO is weak.I'm tired of numerous CEO emails telling me the magic wand will be waved to sanitize rooms
and guests will be spayed in Lysol and washed in Clorox upon arrival Just kidding
I've got many thoughts and have gone back and forth and finally accepted the fact that for months and likely years our lives will never be the same
Not at all trying to be a pessimist but a realist and how to move forward with our lives and what we took for granted measured in just days past
Hoping for some bright critical thinkers thoughts here
smartytravel likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 7, 20 at 12:49 pm
Old May 7, 20, 11:55 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
If I had a reason to, I would stay in a Hyatt tonight. I have no expectation that things will be any different than they were in the past, when rooms, even at PHs in Europe, were not made up or cleaned well. I will take what precautions I can in terms of sanitation, and wouldn't rely on some "essential worker" in fear of losing their job to be responsible for my health and well being. I find the emails from Hyatt and the other chains about as useful as the recommendations to ingest disinfectants in addressing this pandemic .
Old May 7, 20, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
Correct.....we are all responsible for our own health and well being. Huge difference in attitudes based upon age. Currently doing a three month stint, perhaps longer at a Marriott minor league property.
Would prefer the nearby Hyatt Place, but that is not possible because I will not stay in a hotel with sealed windows this year. I've learned to eat without restaurants and will continue to survive without them when they're back in business. Many habits formed over the years are being broken during this period.

Hyatt favorite travel program......52 YTD nights..... eight might be credit card related. I've never left Hyatt. Hyatt has left me, temporarily.

Last edited by hedoman; May 7, 20 at 6:08 pm
Old May 7, 20, 1:52 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LT Globalist
I continue to be fully confident with Hyatt. Never lost confidence.
I am less confident in the governments... and honestly can’t wait for the borders to open up again so we can start traveling again.
Old May 7, 20, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Premier Silver, Southwest A List,Spirit Lover
I’ve already returned... with confidence. Things have changed - see my thread on this.

If your a “higher risk” person over 65 with or without preexisting conditions (including overweight and/or high blood pressure) then you have no business traveling until the pandemic is officially over (effective treatments and/or vaccine).

Please follow CDC guidelines.
Old May 7, 20, 2:01 pm

the risk 2-3 months ago was far far higher than today with general awareness and better cleaning.. if i could find a decent rate at decent resort with pools open i'd go today (while practicing common sense social distancing) - i don't see hotels as places of high risk unlike churches, movie theaters, sports arenas..
Old May 7, 20, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd like to see information on Hyatt hotel websites regarding F&B at the property, including details on what's open and times, how the free breakfast for all (members) is being handled (grab and go substitute?) and what arrangements are for Glob breakfast (restaurant served breakfast with spaced tables, room service only, etc.?).
Old May 7, 20, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
the risk 2-3 months ago was far far higher than today with general awareness and better cleaning.. if i could find a decent rate at decent resort with pools open i'd go today (while practicing common sense social distancing) - i don't see hotels as places of high risk unlike churches, movie theaters, sports arenas..
Agreed. IF your low risk. The mortality/serious illness potential for higher risk people is such that its arguably reckless for them to be in any public place they don’t have to be (I.e all leisure travel and most business travel).
Old May 7, 20, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I'd like to see information on Hyatt hotel websites regarding F&B at the property, including details on what's open and times, how the free breakfast for all (members) is being handled (grab and go substitute?) and what arrangements are for Glob breakfast (restaurant served breakfast with spaced tables, room service only, etc.?).
That’s a great idea. In my experience virtually all full service Hyatt’s have closed their bars, restaurants, and room service. It’s about 50/50 in terms of pools. All gyms closed. Glob breakfast is little to nothing but if you complain they’ll give you points. Suite upgrades are also basically gone as those rooms are shuttered (even if listed for sale).
Old May 7, 20, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr View Post
That’s a great idea. In my experience virtually all full service Hyatt’s have closed their bars, restaurants, and room service. It’s about 50/50 in terms of pools. All gyms closed. Glob breakfast is little to nothing but if you complain they’ll give you points. Suite upgrades are also basically gone as those rooms are shuttered (even if listed for sale).
Thanks to everyone who has already contributed to this thread so far.
My personal challenge is obvious risks aside going forward is exactly what I shared yesterday with a Hyatt associate if I start to resume domestic travel
I don't really know what I am getting
Hyatt has been just fair with housekeeping and maintenance and in some hotels air filters not cleaned in many months or a year or two.
They really have to up their game and it will take a lot with so many franchise hotels in the system these days to keep them on their toes and compliant
If restaurants are closed in and outside the hotel,Breakfast benefits in hotel are weakened (complaining is the last thing you want to do during an epidemic)
Why doesn't Hyatt put in some policies in place for their best customers?
Make sure they are fair not stingy and be transparent and communicate.
If I cant dine fairly,I can't work out and left with just takeout options at my expense I will sit this one out as long as it takes
I've got everything real good at home so no reason to spend money/travel for an unpleasant experience and added worry
I don't see a vaccine anytime soon less than a year or two if ever.,No treatments or cures at present either.
Its my belief right or wrong we just need to figure out today's normal and let tomorrow take care of itself good or bad
BTW why are suites shuttered?
Old May 7, 20, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I can't speak specifically for the globalist breakfast benefit, but we had a call earlier with the VP of the Hyatt Prive program - who told us that they were urging participating hotels and resorts to allow in room dining for the Prive breakfast benefit.
Old May 7, 20, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr View Post
I’ve already returned... with confidence. Things have changed - see my thread on this.

If your a “higher risk” person over 65 with or without preexisting conditions (including overweight and/or high blood pressure) then you have no business traveling until the pandemic is officially over (effective treatments and/or vaccine).

Please follow CDC guidelines.
Welcome back and thanks for sticking with Hyatt now.Most hotels I've tried to stay at are closed and the few I contacted sound like they have no plan for Globalists except to offer a bed
I think Hyatt despite the uncertainty and challenges they face could being doing better right now
Old May 7, 20, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skj View Post
If I had a reason to, I would stay in a Hyatt tonight. I have no expectation that things will be any different than they were in the past, when rooms, even at PHs in Europe, were not made up or cleaned well. I will take what precautions I can in terms of sanitation, and wouldn't rely on some "essential worker" in fear of losing their job to be responsible for my health and well being. I find the emails from Hyatt and the other chains about as useful as the recommendations to ingest disinfectants in addressing this pandemic .
Thank you brought a smile to my face and well said
Old May 7, 20, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Glob
If suites are closed, wouldn't it be proper for WoH to extend 4 suite upgrade awards for Globalists an extra year to Feb 2022, instead of the current Feb 2021?

If they extended Globalist an extra year of status to Feb 2022, why not extend the suite upgrades an extra year, especially if hotels aren't open and you can't use the suite upgrades this year?
Old May 7, 20, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All I can say is Wow, so many trust the Hotels (owners) I dont unless its a Corporate owned Hotel or I know the Francisee is extremely solvent and willing to pay (and lose $$) to make sure the Hotel is kept up. Otherwise I can see many a franchisee owing $$$$ on its Hotels and looking to keep costs to a bare min.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: