Wiki Posts
Search

Post-COVID Stay Reports

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Again a complete misread of my post.

A) Hyatt House, not Hyatt Place as noted it was an All Suites property. No Hyatt Place in the world is an All Suites property.

B) No one stated they were entitled to it. I definitely didn’t say they had to give it to me by any means. We called prior to our stay and the Front Desk had informed us to ask on arrival and “if it’s available we’ll give it to you”. To me that sounds like should the room appear as available on Hyatt or elsewhere it would be given, which was not the case. Though they are not required to provide an upgrade over the phone they sounded clear that they would. Coupling that with past experiences at Hyatt Houses lead to the idea that receiving an upgrade at a Hyatt House as a Globalist, though not required, is a normal occurrence.

As I said earlier we didn’t press any further for rooms that were “upgrades” and did show availability, despite the fact that they previously told us if it was available they would upgrade us to that room.

WOH Twitter is an extension of their Globalist Concierge which is a top department of Hyatt. I wouldn’t be so quick to disavow them as a customer service point either. And one last time it was not only Twitter, not only my personal Globalist Concierge, not only my personal past experience receiving upgrades at HH locations, not only their Front Desk literally telling us over the phone the day before that should it be available we would get it, but the coupling of all of that on top of it actually showing as bookable/available by multiple sources.

Yes, it lead to a bad feeling about the property, but as I’ve said numerous times we didn’t further pursue the upgrade beyond them saying that room type was not available.

The pool issue was a big issue for us on a personal level, yet again we opted to let it be. But clearly that’s not good enough. I’m sorry to have offended you for expecting an upgrade for all the above listed reasons. The way I’m getting responses it’s like I demanded to speak to the hotel’s GM and demanded the upgrade. Which was far from what happened.

It’s pretty common as a Globalist to expect an upgrade at a HH property, and Globalist Concierges agree with that expectation.

Take a look at this thread:

Can suite upgrade certs be apply to Hyatt House?
Perhaps someone missed the point of the World of Hyatt terms excluding the Globalist upgrades at BOTH Hyatt House and Hyatt Place. Sorry, I often get those select service/extended stay brands mixed up.

Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Destination Residences, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts

Still wrong. Still not entitled to them.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TSTraveler
Perhaps someone missed the point of the World of Hyatt terms excluding the Globalist upgrades at BOTH Hyatt House and Hyatt Place. Sorry, I often get those select service/extended stay brands mixed up.

Still wrong. Still not entitled to them.
There’s a difference between entitlement, and making a request. Entitlement would indicate it’s something you’re guaranteed, a request can be denied.

Also worth noting, when the front desk specifically states to you, “If it’s available you’ll get it” leads to a specific expectation when it is actually available. They could have easily said, I’m sorry unfortunately we do not offer upgrades based on status. Which there’s nothing a Globalist or anyone can say against that, but they didn’t.

Also, it seems posters in this thread have an expectation of Globalist upgrades at HH properties as well.

Go yell at them
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:25 pm
Suspended

There’s a difference between entitlement, and making a request. Entitlement would indicate it’s something you’re guaranteed, a request can be denied.

Also worth noting, when the front desk specifically states to you, “If it’s available you’ll get it” leads to a specific expectation when it is actually available. They could have easily said, I’m sorry unfortunately we do not offer upgrades based on status. Which there’s nothing a Globalist or anyone can say against that, but they didn’t.

Also, it seems posters in this thread have an expectation of Globalist upgrades at HH properties as well.

Go yell at them
If you’re indicating that suites are available on the app even though you didn’t get one after asking, it sure sounds like an expectation of entitlement to me.

Just finished up a 2 night stay at Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy...

Requested Globalist upgrade to a higher suite (it was an all suite property) was denied saying it’s not available, despite it showing available in the app and the one above it showing in the app as well. Didn’t want to press the issue since it was only a 2 night stay at a HH.
There was no issue at all despite you saying so—unless you think you didn’t get something you believed you were entitled to get.

If it looks, smells, and sounds like entitlement...
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:35 pm

If you’re indicating that suites are available on the app even though you didn’t get one after asking, it sure sounds like an expectation of entitlement to me.

There was no issue at all despite you saying so—unless you think you didn’t get something you believed you were entitled to get.

Nope, if it was entitlement would’ve asked for a manager, which was not the case.

What actually happened was we had called the day prior to see if they had any upgrades available. To which the Front Desk told us if it was available at check in we would get it. We were misled, because the room was available and we were told that if it was available we would get it. That led to our disappointment.

In all honesty if when we called they said unfortunately we don’t do upgrades based on status there’s nothing more we could say to rebut that. Which is why we didn’t ask for a manager or ask any further then them saying it was unavailable.

That’s basically it.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

It's truly best not to engage with him (ignore him) - I only did it because I want to prevent/advise others from doing what he does (and he will continue to do until his status runs out). Imagine if everyone called/emailed/tweeted/cajoled/begged/pleaded for benefits beyond what is already (very generously) allotted to us? Hopefully Hyatt is documenting what he does (I'm sure they are - which might explain the denial on arrival - if so, hurray!) and might even take action at some point if his abuse of the program goes beyond mere annoyance.
TSTraveler likes this.

Last edited by txhyattlvr; Jun 7, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
It's truly best not to engage with him (ignore him) - I only did it because I want to prevent/advise others from doing what he does (and he will continue to do until his status runs out). Imagine if everyone called/emailed/tweeted/cajoled/begged/pleaded for benefits beyond what is already (very generously) allotted to us? Hopefully Hyatt is documenting what he does (I'm sure they are - which might explain the denial on arrival - if so, hurray!) and might even take action at some point if his abuse of the program goes beyond mere annoyance.
Abuse? That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard.

I just contacted World of Hyatt in the last 30 minutes for clarification. They stated that the reasoning for this policy is because most HP/HH properties do not have a wide variation in Room or Suite types. They further stated that Globalists intending to stay at a Hyatt House property should contact the individual property directly prior to their stay by phone or email to see their individual property’s policy on Globalist Upgrades.

I literally followed Hyatt’s advice to a T. For every rule there is an exception, and I would defer to WOH’s advice over yours any day. For example - In Room Dining for Globalist Breakfast is not permitted per WOH T&C, but some properties do offer it.

Again if it’s hard for you to understand properties are always free to say no, but the overwhelming majority of HH will offer Globalists an upgrade.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Great Post... Always the same posts. I deserve, I’m entitled, and I want.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2020, 7:08 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
You left out clueless ...
Maui4me1 and NJNY like this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by skj
You left out clueless ...
Which is why World of Hyatt Concierges are so accessible and responsive so they can clue me in to acceptable practices. Which if you’ve read above they said calling a day ahead to a Hyatt House to see if they do participate in Globalist upgrades is perfectly normal and acceptable.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:52 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok I’m letting this thread stand despite the bickering because the original topic is very timely. Please discontinue the bickering!! Thank s.

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:32 am

I stayed recently one night at the HP - Biloxi. Breakfast was heated frozen breakfast sandwiches, a server to serve the coffee, and boxed cereal and pastries. No seating - you could either take to your room or car.

I didn't receive a courtesy upgrade as a Glob. and didn't really care since I was just passing through. I had no idea politely asking for an upgrade to which you aren't legally entitled was "overburdening staff" - especially during a time when hotels are <50% occupancy! Turns out I've been "overburdening staff" in Las Vegas for over 15 years! So glad the enlightened folks here who earn "real status" by spending their own or their employer's money at Hyatt can inform the rest of us how to behave so we don't dilute their benefits by accepting or talking about an unpublished benefit. This forum would be so much richer and more useful if people just shut up about property-specific quirks or benefits and stuck to the strict letter of the T&Cs when discussing any courtesy extended to them by the fine employees of Hyatt and its branded properties!
Matt4200 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Park Hyatt Sydney.

All food & beverage outlets closed. Pool, gym and spa also closed. Turndown service not provided. Room service options slightly more limited then usual.

Received Globalist upgrade and 4pm checkout. Complimentary breakfast via room service, no limit defined as such, just order within reason.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gravii
Park Hyatt Sydney.

All food & beverage outlets closed. Pool, gym and spa also closed. Turndown service not provided. Room service options slightly more limited then usual.

Received Globalist upgrade and 4pm checkout. Complimentary breakfast via room service, no limit defined as such, just order within reason.
First report I’ve seen of room service open at any Hyatt. Probably a Park Hyatt thing...

I wonder if they will use COVID as a reason/excuse to permanently ditch traditional room service at many/most non-luxury properties.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:01 am
Suspended

First report I’ve seen of room service open at any Hyatt. Probably a Park Hyatt thing...

I wonder if they will use COVID as a reason/excuse to permanently ditch traditional room service at many/most non-luxury properties.
I’d think luxury hotels will find COVID to be a good reason to continue room service, actually. I’d think some sub-luxury hotels also will find COVID to be a good reason for the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.