Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Booking Option Added - “Day use office rate”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2020, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

New rate Category added today at some properties titled “Day Use Office Rate”.

Apparently valid now through December.

Not sure if it’s worth it, but I suppose for some it is if they need to travel and need an office for the day.

Rate after tax is $70 for up to 2 people. You get the same room as if you were booking overnight.

So far I’ve only seen this rate at HH and HP properties.

Thoughts on this?

Old Apr 18, 2020, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Useful for videoconference meetings?
Old Apr 18, 2020, 4:01 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
It has nothing to do with travel. It offers a change of scenery for someone when there are multiple people trying to work or go to school in the same house. It's apparently pretty popular at a local HP as people are trying to manage through the "stay at home" time.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 4:07 pm
Suspended

There was an LA Times article yesterday about this practice starting at some hotels, which said apparently some guests want this as an option:

https://www.latimes.com/travel/story...ork-from-hotel

I could see this being useful for people who live in a smaller space with kids and dogs. Or maybe just an excuse for people to get out of the house.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So do you get a qualifying night with this rate?
Old Apr 18, 2020, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
So do you get a qualifying night with this rate?
Very interesting question -

I think it would be more appealing if it did, but from what I recall from T&C it has to be an “overnight” stay.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC like other chains, Hyatt doesn't give a night credit for day rates. I would expect day use office rates to be treated the same.

It's a creative way for some hotels too promote this possibility and get a bit of revenue on their empty rooms.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
This sounds awesome to me, unfortunately I don't live that close to a Hyatt for this, nor have an effective way of getting this paid for by other people's money. My internet is way wacky at home when everyone is on it (my wife's VPN network just saps so much bandwidth most days), and if the rate was good enough, I'd consider it a nice way to get some total peace time with fast (enough) internet to get a bunch done. I'd hope they still change the sheets between stays though! I am sure 'as office' can mean different things to different people (and I would totally book a room like this to sleep, no matter what it says, if affordable, for those aweful long connecting times that you sometimes get for long - haul international travel
Old Apr 18, 2020, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
This sounds awesome to me, unfortunately I don't live that close to a Hyatt for this, nor have an effective way of getting this paid for by other people's money. My internet is way wacky at home when everyone is on it (my wife's VPN network just saps so much bandwidth most days), and if the rate was good enough, I'd consider it a nice way to get some total peace time with fast (enough) internet to get a bunch done. I'd hope they still change the sheets between stays though! I am sure 'as office' can mean different things to different people (and I would totally book a room like this to sleep, no matter what it says, if affordable, for those aweful long connecting times that you sometimes get for long - haul international travel
I assume one would have access to they gym and pool (if open), same as for day rates.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perfect for those who’s extra marital affairs have been halted due to home quarantine. “I’m going to the hotel to work dear”.
dw, bbbb, econ and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Perfect for those who’s extra marital affairs have been halted due to home quarantine. “I’m going to the hotel to work dear”.
😂
Old Apr 18, 2020, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
"Don't work too hard..."

David
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 6:11 am

I wonder if this is the real target market?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 6:34 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
I wonder if this is the real target market?
No, it would be a "Hourly use rate" if that was the case
Old Apr 19, 2020, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is a smart move. Many employers will also reimburse it for sensitive VC's and the like.

The cost to the property, even if it is otherwise doing well, is the cost of cleaning the room and that is negligible,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.