Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Booking Option Added - “Day use office rate”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Booking Option Added - “Day use office rate”

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are any other brands doing this? The LA Times mentions SoCal, but is this being done across the US or only certain regions? I wonder if any brands will offer credit for these stays (I see that Hyatt is not).
Old Apr 19, 2020, 11:21 am

This isn't that new, I've seen office/day use rates at Hyatt places before, typically near airports though
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Often1
The cost to the property, even if it is otherwise doing well, is the cost of cleaning the room and that is negligible,
Really???

How much do you think it would cost to decontaminate a day room vs a night room at a hotel for Covid-19?

For the hotel to avoid liability, cleaning standards would have to be the same for either, and I suspect that those costs are far more than what a facility use to pay to turn over a room prior to the pandemic.

I doubt that this is a money maker in the classic fashion. However, it will keep the staff employed and the hotel open and occupied, thereby mitigating the possibility of vandelism and break-ins if the site were closed and only patrolled by security.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC like other chains, Hyatt doesn't give a night credit for day rates. I would expect day use office rates to be treated the same.

It's a creative way for some hotels too promote this possibility and get a bit of revenue on their empty rooms.
Hilton gives night and stay credit for day use rates...
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are any other brands doing this? The LA Times mentions SoCal, but is this being done across the US or only certain regions? I wonder if any brands will offer credit for these stays (I see that Hyatt is not).
I've stayed in the La Jolla property mentioned in the LATimes piece. It's very nice, basically between a resort and a large boutique hotel, four star, and located almost across the street from the entrance to UCSD. AFAIK it's not a Hyatt. IIRC it's about $80 for twelve hours "office" use with a bottle of wine included.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
As a spoiled globalist, I can normally check-in at 9am (especially with occupancy low across the board now), and early check-in is a published benefit at most HPs, so for a negligible amount more, I could get the room for the night to ensure I get stay credit, and with late checkout the next day, I really get the room for two "days" while paying for only one night.

I suspect with occupancy like it is now, non-globalists could get early check-in and late check-out with any nightly rate.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I assume one would have access to they gym and pool (if open), same as for day rates.
1) Have not seen an open gym/pool.
2) I live in hotel rooms. Am currently holed up for sixty days in one place. Last thing I want to do is be transient at this time. Why risk being in a day room if it was occupied three hours ago?
Old May 1, 2020, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hedoman
2) I live in hotel rooms. Am currently holed up for sixty days in one place. Last thing I want to do is be transient at this time. Why risk being in a day room if it was occupied three hours ago?
What are you doing about food for two months? Do you have some sort of kitchen or is the hotel doing room service? I'm assuming that the odds of a hotel restaurant being open are small, but I know of a Sheraton that's now doing take out dinners from its fine dining restaurant, although from a very limited menu (but with fair prices for a limited choice of wine bottles).

Also, are you having housekeeping etc. service or trying to keep everyone out of your room.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hedoman
Not sure if all hotels are operating the same way, but the LA Times article example said the room was going fallow for 72 hours after a guest checks out.
Old May 2, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
I'd be wary that all hotels are honoring 72 hours.

The long stay is at a Marriott property. Great rate, nice suite with balcony, zero housekeeping. They supply bedding/towels upon request and it's up to me to do the change. I've developed the habit of microwave use and can see it continuing long after restaurants open. Prior to this virus thing, probably used microwave eight times over previous five year period.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Are these rates still begin offered? I'm not finding any.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Still seeing a few within DC, but many fewer than before.
(Unfortunately, no longer offered at the Grand -- which would also get me to a Brand Explorer award.)
Old Oct 31, 2021, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The plan itself has been extended until December 5, 2021.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:03 pm

With this rate, will you receive your Globalist breakfast benefit? Obviously at the start of the stay instead of the next morning.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I was just in chat with Hyatt about getting stay credit for an "office" rate. I was informed by the agent that this rate does not get any stay credit as of December 7th. Too bad. I will just have to move day use stays back to Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.