Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Hyatt Stay ....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:45 am

February 2000, Hyatt Regency San Francisco. IT conference sponsored by the Meta Group who later got bought by Gartner.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
2009 - Grand Hyatt Macau

At the time to a young 23 year old, it felt like a Park Hyatt. I booked it via Hotels.com.

Markie likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:21 pm

2016 Hyatt Place pittsburgh North Shore I got the hyatt credit card so I could use my 2 free unrestricted nights at a category 3 hotel costing $225 a night, I was able to get the 5k au bonus and used the $50 statement credit for 2 nights parking and a small room charge for food/drink. I have since redeemed for stays at hyatt zilara cancun (p2 free night certificates), hyatt ziva cancun, hyatt Regency Clearwater, and hyatt Regency atlanta but nothing will ever top that first overly horrific redemption.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:46 pm
soy

Programs: various
Hyatt Madeline Paris - great location
Markie and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The earliest Hyatt I recall was the former Park Hyatt San Francisco on Battery St around 2001ish I think. I got it at a very low rate via Hotwire back then (5*, Financial District) IIRC.
Markie and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Looking way, way back in my spreadsheet my first Hyatt Stay was the Hyatt at the Bellevue (Philadelphia), August 2010. According to the spreadsheet there was a promotion where I was earning 3,000 AA miles per stay and I went on to complete 13 more stays through mid-October to keep running that promotion. I had many, many stays at that property and really liked it, even with its quirks and age.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Hyatt Orlando, 1974. No GP, no computers, no cellphones, no flat panel TVs, no record except the memory.
Markie, AirbusFan2B and 59Impala like this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:53 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Pickles
Hyatt Orlando, 1974. No GP, no computers, no cellphones, no flat panel TVs, no record except the memory.
yikes you beat me, too, with my 1984 stay!
1974 was the year I first visited a Hyatt, just for tea/coffee, did not stay there over night, It was the HR San Francisco and as a 9-year old I was totally fascinated by the atrium. This visit laid the foundation for my Hyatt Loyalty with my first actual stay in '84 (still pre-HGP)
Markie, craigthemif and solewalker like this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Hyatt Regency Maui 1980. Grand opening !
You beat me by 2 years. Summer 1982, and we returned each summer for a few years. Always on the Regency Club floor. As I was a child, the staff in the Regency Club taught me to play a Ukulele there!
Markie, Maui4me1, 59Impala and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
My first hyatt stay was at PH Hamburg - I was absolutely taken how at home i felt there compared to hilton properties, especially room decor which was to my liking.. the rest is history
Markie, Stewie Mac and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
For me it was the Hyatt Place Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche, Mexico after driving past the property that was brand new at the time (2015?) and I signed up for GP with this stay and a promotion was being offered at that time as well which helped convince me to try it out instead of the mediocre Hampton Inn nearby.

Being Canadian, the Hyatt footprint is sorely lacking, which makes retaining status a challenge every year, but I have had some great experiences at Park Hyatt, Andaz and the Unbound Collection properties which makes Hyatt a nice back-up option when travelling worldwide.
Markie, AirbusFan2B and 59Impala like this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:04 pm
Suspended

My wife (then girlfriend) and I stayed at our first Hyatt for Valentine's day 2003 at the then Hyatt Islandia in San Diego, where they surprised us by upgrading us to a suite. I remember at check-in they told me about a program called Gold Passport which they said I really should sign up for, since they had a promotion going on called Faster Free Nights. I was hooked and by the next year I hit Diamond for the first of many years to follow. My wife and I got engaged while staying at the Park Hyatt LA, stayed at PH Vendome, PH Milan, and HR London on our honeymoon, and Hyatt has been a big part of the vast majority of our vacations and work trips ever since. We look forward to the world eventually getting back to some sort of normal to again enjoy our favorite Hyatts and to continue to show Hyatt our loyalty for the incredible way they've always treated us.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I recall the old Hyatt in Long Beach, CA near our home. My grandparents took us out to brunch there when I was very young, probably in the early 1970's. I recall it being fancy for that time.

Fast forward years later, my first Hyatt stay was at the old Hyatt Islandia in probably 1996 or 1997. The bar/restaurant was in the tower at the water-end near the pool. I stayed in the older part of the hotel near the lobby.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 9:15 pm

Park Hyatt Los Angeles... the old one. What a treat. Most gorgeous hotel room I’d ever seen. We were “Priceline trash” but they still treated us like royalty.... and many many years later, earned my full price loyalty.
Markie likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Hyatt Jerusalem, I was there in 1993, didn't even have a Hyatt Gold Passport number at the time and didn't even bother getting one for that stay. I had just started working and my boss and his boss were Marriott Rewards people, so that's where we stayed.
My next stay was at The Park Hyatt Los Angeles-Century City in 1996. It was for a conference (stayed there even though I lived about 15 miles away). I did get a Gold Passport number and over the next 4 or 5 years opted for miles instead of points. I would stay at 3 or 4 Hyatts annually.

Lastly as others have mentioned this as well, on several family trips to the bay area in the eighties, I visited the Hyatt Embarcadero with family friends, I was quite impressed with the lobby architecture and we went to the revolving bar at the top. Although I have never stayed at that property.

I do miss the old Hyatt Gold Passport. In Dec of 2013, I received the list of 100 stays at different properties along with 2 free worldwide stays which I used in France the next summer.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.