Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Credit Card Qualifying Night Bonuses 4/15 - 6/30

Old Apr 15, 20, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt just emailed out that between 4/15 and 6/30, every 5K of spending on the WoH card will earn 3 nights instead of 2. On the old Hyatt card, every 5K of spending will earn 2 nights (instead of 0). Guess that settles the argument in other threads about whether Hyatt values engagement by members who are earning extra status through non-stays.
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
If they truly want to drive marginal spend, make it through EOY vs. a 2.5 month period that will have minimal travel spend on the card & reduced discretionary purchases overall
notquiteaff and Beachchaser like this.
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:15 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker View Post
Guess that settles the argument in other threads about whether Hyatt values engagement by members who are earning extra status through non-stays.
I'm not sure this settles anything ... Selling points to Chase will be a substantial revenue source between now and the end of June and this is an attempt to drive increased card spend and thus increased revenue.
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:44 pm

Also, if you apply for the card now, apparently you'll get 10 qualifying nights to start off instead of the usual five. Pretty sure this is for 2020 only.
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Also, if you apply for the card now, apparently you'll get 10 qualifying nights to start off instead of the usual five. Pretty sure this is for 2020 only.
Yes, apparently for this year only - some of the other websites have specified that.
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This also applies to additional card holders, correct? Meaning, if I spend $3000 and my wife spends $2000, I will get the $5000 needed to earn those 3 nights? Or is it only on the primary card?
Old Apr 15, 20, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
If they truly want to drive marginal spend, make it through EOY vs. a 2.5 month period that will have minimal travel spend on the card & reduced discretionary purchases overall
I think this is quite clearly a play to get cardholders to make this card top-of-wallet. Not to drive marginal spend but to change the card people are using for regular spend, to get a bigger piece of the smaller pie of overall credit card purchases during this time period. "Use your card to pay for bills, deliveries, groceries, online purchases and more."
Old Apr 15, 20, 5:23 pm

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, AA, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I thought that was until June 30th? Furthermore, I'm disappointed that they won't give 10 EQN for existing cardholders. How about rewarding our loyalty? Anyone here thinking of contacting Chase and ask if they can give us the additional 5 EQNs?
Old Apr 15, 20, 5:27 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Anyone here thinking of contacting Chase and ask if they can give us the additional 5 EQNs?
No
Old Apr 15, 20, 6:28 pm

We Ride At Dawn
Old Apr 15, 20, 6:44 pm

What's the point if they plan to reset your night count at the end of the year? This only makes sense if they plan to roll over 2020 nights into 2021.
Old Apr 15, 20, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by kantscholar View Post
What's the point if they plan to reset your night count at the end of the year? This only makes sense if they plan to roll over 2020 nights into 2021.
It'll help you qualify for status in 2020.
Old Apr 15, 20, 6:55 pm

Oh, I guess that's right. For those of us who are top tier with Hyatt already, that's just going to roll over. That'd be a lot of spend to qualify that way, especially in an environment where folks aren't spending much.
Old Apr 15, 20, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
It'll help you qualify for status in 2020.
Oh, I guess that's right. For those of us who are top tier with Hyatt already, that's just going to roll over. That'd be a lot of spend to qualify that way, especially in an environment where folks aren't spending much.
To make it much simpler -

Say youíre brand new to WOH you hear about the program and say that sounds great!

Youíre a Hilton Diamond looking for a change, or just someone looking to make Globalist for the benefits.

To get Globalist if you started today youíd only have to spend $80,000. Which is significantly less than before at the $140,000 mark.

For those who are already Globalist youíd earn (2) Cat 1-4 Certs (One for spending 15k and One for hitting 30 nights, not factoring the anniversary night you get as thatís not until next calendar year), (4) Club Access Awards (useless), (4) TSUís, and a Cat 1-7 Award. Oops almost forgot and your choice of - $100 Hyatt Gift Card, 5,000 points or 10,000 points off a FIND Experience. All great things to have.

Plus the 50k points for signing up.

Additionally I believe based on conversations with Hyatt that they will do something extra for Globalists who qualify this year, rather than just rely on the extension. It could be adding a TSU or two, adding points or a Category Certificate but itís a pretty good chance there will be something additional.
Old Apr 15, 20, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
To make it much simpler -

Say youíre brand new to WOH you hear about the program and say that sounds great!

Youíre a Hilton Diamond looking for a change, or just someone looking to make Globalist for the benefits.

To get Globalist if you started today youíd only have to spend $80,000. Which is significantly less than before at the $140,000 mark.

For those who are already Globalist youíd earn (2) Cat 1-4 Certs (One for spending 15k and One for hitting 30 nights, not factoring the anniversary night you get as thatís not until next calendar year), (4) Club Access Awards (useless), (4) TSUís, and a Cat 1-7 Award. Oops almost forgot and your choice of - $100 Hyatt Gift Card, 5,000 points or 10,000 points off a FIND Experience. All great things to have.

Plus the 50k points for signing up.

Additionally I believe based on conversations with Hyatt that they will do something extra for Globalists who qualify this year, rather than just rely on the extension. It could be adding a TSU or two, adding points or a Category Certificate but itís a pretty good chance there will be something additional.
I think there's the risk of getting a Chase FR since most people don't have credit limits that high, which means they'll need to cycle their credit limits.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: