Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt 30% more Bonus Points when purchasing 5,000

Hyatt 30% more Bonus Points when purchasing 5,000

Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
For me in a lot of situations I’m made to use points rather than pay a cash rate which doesn’t make much sense.

For example -

Hyatt Centric Chicago - Cash rate $124 (pre-tax) points rate 15k points. Parking Cost $72 (pre-tax).

Manchester Grand Hyatt - Cash Rate $153 (pre-tax) points rate 15k points. Parking Cost $55 (pre-tax).

The rates above are just examples I found from November for a 1 night stay.

Most properties that charge for parking the rates are so high that it makes much more sense just to pay with points.
Prior to reading your post, I thought there was a minimum of nights required for award stay to get free parking. Are you telling me that a one night award stay gets free parking as well?

The parking rates that you had listed is like highway robbery. I really wish Hyatt would offer something like 25-33% off cash rate for Globalists.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Prior to reading your post, I thought there was a minimum of nights required for award stay to get free parking. Are you telling me that a one night award stay gets free parking as well?

The parking rates that you had listed is like highway robbery. I really wish Hyatt would offer something like 25-33% off cash rate for Globalists.
No, you could do a one night award stay and get complimentary parking there’s no minimum.

In major cities like Chicago, San Francisco, New York and San Diego (all big markets for Hyatt) parking rates are typically between $50-$80 pre-tax. It’s really a deterrent to visit those cities. Some hotels I’ve found if you’re paying the cash rate they have a Stay and Park Free Rate (Chicago) which is about $50 more than the “Member Rate” which is still really expensive but less than if you booked the Member Rate and paid for parking.

I think that’d be a great benefit for Globalists and would bring in more revenue as people would be paying with cash rather than points. Probably would have to be a 50% discount though to be useful. 50% off of $55 after tax is still over $30 a night.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
No, you could do a one night award stay and get complimentary parking there’s no minimum.

In major cities like Chicago, San Francisco, New York and San Diego (all big markets for Hyatt) parking rates are typically between $50-$80 pre-tax. It’s really a deterrent to visit those cities. Some hotels I’ve found if you’re paying the cash rate they have a Stay and Park Free Rate (Chicago) which is about $50 more than the “Member Rate” which is still really expensive but less than if you booked the Member Rate and paid for parking.

I think that’d be a great benefit for Globalists and would bring in more revenue as people would be paying with cash rather than points. Probably would have to be a 50% discount though to be useful. 50% off of $55 after tax is still over $30 a night.
The problem with points is that it doesn't get me any closer to lifetime status. I agree with you there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.