Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Missing points due to different creditcard?

Old Mar 27, 20, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I recently had a double suite booked at a Grand Hyatt in Taiwan and used my partners credit card at the hotel at checkout.

Now Hyatt won't give me the points because it was paid for with a credit card that was not under my name.

Obviously this is very frustrating, but I wonder if this is normal for hotels to do? Is there any reason for this, or is it just an easy excuse for them not to have to credit points?

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 20, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
Credit card needs to match primary guest name. Or points may not happen. Not restricted to Hyatt.
Old Mar 27, 20, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Common. It's a fraud prevention measure and assures that you are not just earning points for someone else's stay. She paid, so she gets the credit.
Old Mar 27, 20, 9:44 pm

Very interesting point. We have a stay later next month at a Hilton booked from my Hilton Honors but using her Credit Card because it has a better Rewards multiplier at hotels. Iím definitely hoping I get the points credited into my account. Never heard of not receiving points due to a CC not being in your name.

Not saying it definitely needs to be one way or the other I guess itís done on an individual hotel level.
Old Mar 28, 20, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Never heard of not receiving points due to a CC not being in your name.
You will learn... it's in the T&Cs of all the major hotel chains. As mentioned above, fraud prevention...
Old Mar 28, 20, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
You will learn... it's in the T&Cs of all the major hotel chains. As mentioned above, fraud prevention...
So are you saying this is a hard and fast rule at Hyatt and all hotel chains that if itís charged on another personís credit card the person staying will not receive the credit or itís only sometimes enforced or...?
Old Mar 28, 20, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
So are you saying this is a hard and fast rule at Hyatt and all hotel chains that if itís charged on another personís credit card the person staying will not receive the credit or itís only sometimes enforced or...?
It's literally in the T&Cs. Like anything else, there can always be cases where the rules don't happen to be followed.
Old Mar 28, 20, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by gengar View Post
It's literally in the T&Cs. Like anything else, there can always be cases where the rules don't happen to be followed.
But I was asking is it across all hotel brands as mentioned above I have a stay at a Hilton next month where we booked it prepaid using my fiancťeís card but through my Honors.
Old Mar 28, 20, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
But I was asking is it across all hotel brands as mentioned above I have a stay at a Hilton next month where we booked it prepaid using my fiancťeís card but through my Honors.
I don't think that anybody here has researched every hotel loyalty program. It is simply a common and understandable anti-fraud provision. Check your program's specific terms & conditions to be certain.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: