Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Breakfast in the COVID-19 era

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Breakfast in the COVID-19 era

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 9:47 am

Centric Downtown Portland - full breakfast in the restaurant
Hyatt Place Eugene - grab and go - bags available and you get to pick what you want - no hot food. Hard boiled eggs, packaged food
Regency Sacramento - $16 credit to restaurant through Warm Welcome Awaits booking - free delivery of order to your room
Hyatt Place Reno - grab and go - bags pre-made - bottle of OJ, pastry, yogurt - worst breakfast so far
Hyatt Place St. George - grab and go - paper plate and you load it up with what you want - hot item is a sausage egg sandwich
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
They really should do better than 500 points.
They used to do 2,500 I believe.

Originally Posted by lsquare
Isn’t breakfast worth more?
Yes, yes it is. Even if you value WOH points at 2 cents per point 500 points is $10. If you have 2 adults traveling figuring conservatively $20 per meal that’s $40, per day.

Originally Posted by lsquare
Like I said in another post, HR Vancouver is offering nothing including points. Since I'm not a Globalist yet, I have nothing to complain about. Assuming the info that I got was correct, Globalists should be complaining.
If I was a non-Globalist and booked a rate that included Breakfast and they sent me to Starbucks that’d just be not pleasant. If I had to choose between the Starbucks credit and 500 points I’d likely choose Starbucks. Not saying that’s acceptable or what should be happening.

On another note I’m wondering because I’m sure thousands of people have Club Access Awards valid through 2/2021 and I’m fairly sure that between March 2020 and at least December 2020 no Clubs will be open. I’m wondering if Hyatt is extending those. It doesn’t impact me, but just for the non-Globalists who have them and would normally be getting a Club Lounge Breakfast.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by Matt4200; Jul 14, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:24 pm

Excellent full breakfast at hyatt centric key west, more than generous..
asnovici likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Hyatt Place, Heathrow - delivered to room in paper bags. Encouraged to book the night before.
Grand Hyatt Berlin - Restaurant (VOX) or Room Service offered
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:25 pm

À la carte at the Bank or room service at the PH in Vienna. Service might be better during the weekday due to low number of staffs. Food might take a while to arrive.

Globalist or rates including bf could order everything from the menu.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 4:52 pm

I've been reading this forum for a long time, and just recently signed up for an account so I could post some of my reviews and help people out. I have globalist, and have seen a mix of benefits depending on the property. Here is a list of some of the properties I've been to in the last couple months:

May:
Hyatt Place Mount Pleasant Towne Center (Breakfast was pre-packaged, but decent selection)
Hyatt Place North Charleston (No breakfast)
Hyatt Place Savannah (To-go breakfast, similar to what most Hyatt Places are doing with packaged items)
Hyatt Regency Savannah (Breakfast was served to go: eggs/meat/potatoes... this was actually the best breakfast we had in April/May)
Andaz Savannah (No breakfast. They said they were opening it on some weekends depending on occupancy... not sure if that has changed)

June:
Hyatt Place Towne Center Jacksonville (To-Go breakfast, but this was by far the best Hyatt Place breakfast we have had since Coronavirus. They prepared egg dishes and/or wraps for breakfast each day from scratch, which was far more than other Hyatt Places did)
Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico (Breakfast available for globalists in Water's Edge restaurant. They told us to order whatever we wanted and it would be waived from the bill. We spent $60-80 a breakfast for two and didn't see anything at the end. Breakfast was very good, especially for it being free)

Hope that helps!
SanDiego1K and ceebee100 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
From the past month...

Hyatt Regency Bloomington-MSP: Breakfast credit at restaurant.

Hyatt Place Farmington, UT: Grab and go. I didn't utilize this so not sure what was being offered.

Hyatt Regency Richardson/Dallas: Restaurant and lounge closed with no grab and go offered. Given 500 extra points (Sad).
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by SwerveDonkey

Hyatt Regency Richardson/Dallas: Restaurant and lounge closed with no grab and go offered. Given 500 extra points (Sad).
Does this property typically have a lounge?? I have a stay with them in Winter and I just have never heard mention of it. I’ve always thought it was restaurant breakfast only, even pre-Covid.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium
Sorry, for the confusion. I meant the lounge/bar attached to the restaurant. You are right, still no concierge lounge at this location.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt Place North Raleigh - Midtown (7/16): prepackaged items grab & go, all items are high sugar low quality such as pop crisp (think pop tart) and Gogurt (not even regular yogurt cup). Terrible unhealthy choices.

Andaz Savannah (7/17-7/20): Full breakfast at restaurant. Menu selections are not extensive but OK. There may be some changes from before pandemic. Shrimp & Grits may be the best item on the menu. Coffee, tea and orange juice are the only beverage options, no espresso or cappuccino. Overheard server telling another guest (parents with 2 kids) free breakfast is up to $50 per room. Coffee and juice were not itemized on the bills, so $50 goes a long way with shrimp & grits at $17. Occupancy over the weekend was quite high and restaurant was under staffed with 2 servers (Saturday morning) and no one cleaning tables regularly. We waited 25 minutes to be seated while 3 tables were unoccupied with dirty dishes waiting to be cleared the entire time.

Last edited by CIT85; Jul 21, 2020 at 10:02 am
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. 3 night stay 8/10-8/13.
  • Regency Club closed. Hotel offering full breakfast for Globalists from Watertable Grill (on patio, or via room service); $30 per person. It was great, and I would prefer this over the club any day!
  • We had a terrific stay, which honestly didn't feel much different than a "normal" stay here. Highly recommend.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hotels don't seem to realize that with reduced restaurant capacity, they shouldn't be encouraging everyone to select rates that include breakfast (from a limited menu). I keep seeing long lines to get into the restaurant at breakfast (no reservations taken, and the hostess doesn't even want to take questions until you get to the front of the line, which sometimes takes an hour). When people are still waiting to be seated an hour after breakfast is supposed to end, there's a big problem. It would be preferable to go outside of the hotel to McD or whatever to avoid the mess, but when people have implicitly paid in advance for the breakfast or are entitled to breakfast as a Glob benefit, there's a reluctance to go elsewhere. The crazy thing is that it seems cheaper for people to book rates that include breakfast compared to rates without breakfast, the breakfast menu is a good deal even if one were paying menu prices, and families with multiple kids seem to be taking advantage of the situation. OTOH, this enables the hotel to employ servers and cooks at least for the breakfast shift during a period when the hotel is only doing dinner and opening the bar a couple days a week.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hotels don't seem to realize that with reduced restaurant capacity, they shouldn't be encouraging everyone to select rates that include breakfast (from a limited menu). I keep seeing long lines to get into the restaurant at breakfast (no reservations taken, and the hostess doesn't even want to take questions until you get to the front of the line, which sometimes takes an hour). When people are still waiting to be seated an hour after breakfast is supposed to end, there's a big problem. It would be preferable to go outside of the hotel to McD or whatever to avoid the mess, but when people have implicitly paid in advance for the breakfast or are entitled to breakfast as a Glob benefit, there's a reluctance to go elsewhere. The crazy thing is that it seems cheaper for people to book rates that include breakfast compared to rates without breakfast, the breakfast menu is a good deal even if one were paying menu prices, and families with multiple kids seem to be taking advantage of the situation. OTOH, this enables the hotel to employ servers and cooks at least for the breakfast shift during a period when the hotel is only doing dinner and opening the bar a couple days a week.
Yes. Hyatt and Andaz Seoul are throwing breakfasts at guests and it's made room service and the restaurant super backed up. They can't even keep up with their Covid19 smaller a la carte menu.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:17 pm

Thoughts on this -

Was sent an email prior to arrival at a HR by the “Assistant Director of Operations” which read,

As a Globalist your breakfast will be from Starbucks as XXXX is currently closed. We have expanded our menu items during this time to offer our guests a greater variety. Just as a you would in XXXX during your past visits, you will sign your check to the room from Starbucks.”

However, at check in the agent said all Globalists are getting 500 points in place of Breakfast since our restaurant is closed. You should have received an email from Hyatt Corporate explaining this in the last couple months. To which I advised I had been told by a manager to sign breakfast to the room, she then said she’d never heard of that and was only told to advise Globalists of the 500 points.

In addition to this during our stay dates When we booked there were several “Members Get More + Breakfast” Rates going on. So I’m not exactly sure what to think it’s very confusing as the FDA seemed pretty confident about the 500 point policy despite their being Breakfast Inclusive Rates, Prive’ Rates and Globalists staying.

(This is also a Prive’ stay if that matters which includes Breakfast as well).

I’m inclined to just trust what the ADO said, especially since it’s in writing, and have Breakfast charged to the room for it to be taken off at checkout.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Thoughts on this -

Was sent an email prior to arrival at a HR by the “Assistant Director of Operations” which read,

As a Globalist your breakfast will be from Starbucks as XXXX is currently closed. We have expanded our menu items during this time to offer our guests a greater variety. Just as a you would in XXXX during your past visits, you will sign your check to the room from Starbucks.

I’m inclined to just trust what the ADO said, especially since it’s in writing, and have Breakfast charged to the room for it to be taken off at checkout.
I would, especially since you have an email with a name on it instructing you to get breakfast at Starbucks. Make sure it’s removed from your folio before you leave the premises, otherwise it will be a hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.