Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Breakfast in the COVID-19 era

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Breakfast in the COVID-19 era

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: Globallist
Had a recent Andaz Scottsdale 3 night stay. Was offered Globalist Breakfast as room service or restaurant option. Enjoyed both over the stay. Nice Staff.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:32 am

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Savannah (no club at the property). The restaurant was take out only, very limited not great menu and only open Fri-Sun. At checkout they told me that I didn't get free breakfast because they were still doing 500 points instead, I asked to escalate it to a manager and she reluctantly removed my breakfast (at least tell me at check-in). They did give Globalists a free bottle of wine or similar from the market. Pool was appointment only. This is Georgia we're talking about they restaurant can open at 50% if they wanted. There were enough people getting takeout so I feel like they should just open it, the hotel was packed so I'm really confused why the continue to keep it closed.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by lsquare
That is true, but the McDonald's and Tim Hortons that's beside the hotel are no longer 24/7 unless I'm mistaken. I believe it's also take out only at the moment.

$3.99 breakfast combo? In Canada? You serious? I don't remember things being that cheap. You sure you're not thinking of China? lol!

It still doesn't change the fact that Globalists won't be getting everything that they're entitled to. I wish Hyatt would do more and take care of its elites during this time.
Yes, there is a link to coupons on the McDonalds Canada app. Or here... but it isn't loading... https://www4.mcdonalds.ca/coupons/
They had some that expired in mid June though:
https://www4.mcdonalds.ca/coupons/im...r_04272020.pdf
It isn't the "offers" on their app it is just generic coupons and you pull it up and there is a barcode and you can scan the barcode on the order kiosk to redeem (there is a special button on the kiosk for coupons- it isn't the same button as the scan offer button). You can also just print it and take the paper version with the barcode in. It is a great deal. They have had this 3.99 breakfast combo coupon every month for quite a few years now (well, it may be gone now...).
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 5:03 pm

HR Milwaukee 7/2 restaurant shut and Glob bfast was bag with apple, energy bar, water and juice. :-(
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Staying at the Hyatt Centric Mountain View, CA tonight. $25 credit towards breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The Hyatt House in Downtown Indianapolis (which is a new build and fantastic for a HH/HP) is offering pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches, pre-packaged pastries, yogurts, pre-packaged bowls of cereals and pre-packaged oatmeal. Not bad at all and appreciate that they are at least offering something
Old Jul 10, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Staying at the Hyatt Centric Mountain View, CA tonight. $25 credit towards breakfast in the restaurant.
Sounds like business as usual, that's their standard Glob breakfast. Stayed there many times
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Stayed at Hyatt Huntington Beach(7/9), Globalist breakfast was offered at the restaurant.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:52 pm

Stayed at

Hyatt regency Newport Beach - 6/26, no breakfast/lounge. Just 500 points

hyatt Palm Springs - 7/4, no breakfast, no points.

i think hyatt should offer more than 500 points/day.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by BaconSF
Stayed at

Hyatt regency Newport Beach - 6/26, no breakfast/lounge. Just 500 points

hyatt Palm Springs - 7/4, no breakfast, no points.

i think Hyatt should offer more than 500 points/day.
Agreed I heard about this early into the pandemic and for me it will keep me far away from any hotel offering that instead of breakfast
They offered 1000 amenity points at every stay with breakfast or club not long ago.
Having said that if they can get customers to show up at hotels eliminate all breakfast and amenities they might as well close down all restaurants permanently
Much more cost effective for Hyatt and owners
hedoman and ceebee100 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just as an update on Hyatt’s Guidance/Policy for properties with “closed” restaurants. I put it in quotations because some properties have restaurants open or take away options, but are opting to deny Globalists the Breakfast Benefit instead offering the 500 points.

Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Just as an update on Hyatt’s Guidance/Policy for properties with “closed” restaurants. I put it in quotations because some properties have restaurants open or take away options, but are opting to deny Globalists the Breakfast Benefit instead offering the 500 points.

Like I said in another post, HR Vancouver is offering nothing including points. Since I'm not a Globalist yet, I have nothing to complain about. Assuming the info that I got was correct, Globalists should be complaining.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

They really should do better than 500 points.
ceebee100 and Single_Flyer like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Aventine
They really should do better than 500 points.
Isn’t breakfast worth more?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Isn’t breakfast worth more?
Definitely. But if you don’t like it you can always take your business elsewhere....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.