Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Are Free night cert extention possible due to CV19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Free night cert extention possible due to CV19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Will they offer 10K points for Cat 4 certs? And is the point for cert exchange only apply to Globs?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Called and they extended for 1 year.
tjae likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Called and they extended for 1 year.

Reached out after seeing your post and no dice. Literally said “The awards are not extendable”.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I have a Cat 4 expiring Monday. I'll call Tuesday to get the 10K pts if that's still in effect.

Would be nice to have used it/get an extension, but so long as it's not poof in the night I'll make the best of it.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

It might be a hit and miss with CSR... try calling instead of tweeting
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:42 pm

They said they’ve never heard of it, nor their supervisor same with my Hyatt Concierge.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:08 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Were you ever offered points instead of extension? I still have a little bit of time before mine expires. I might take the points if that's offered although I have essentially no status except for the lowest level as CC holder.

LAX
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I just followed up with my Concierge about the extension or receiving 20K points and she gave me the points immediately.

Originally Posted by ORDtoAnywhere
I asked about extending a Cat 1-7 award night that expires 4/20 (current used for a 4/14 reservation) and this is the response I got [bolding theirs]...

"We are aware of the closing of Beaver Creek and Vail Mountain in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Given the quickly evolving nature of the situation, it is simply too early to suggest revised award expiration beyond members in Asia Pacific. However, we know that adjustments will need to be made, and we are committed to communicating these as soon as we can.
You may cancel your reservation up to 24 hours prior to arrival with no penalty so we ask that you just allow us time to determine how we will proceed to best serve our most loyal members such as yourself."
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, United 1K, Southwest Preferred Plus
Received the response below today. I assume that a technical issue is why they can't extend an expiration or re-issue one? Wish they could just give the points equal to a Cat. 7 stay since that is what I had booked. Thank you for your inquiry regarding your World of Hyatt Free Night Award.

Although I am unable to extend the expiration date on the award, I have exchanged the award for 20,000 points. These points can be used for free nights, upgrades, airline miles, and other rewards. To use your points, please visit us at worldofhyatt.com or contact us directly via phone.]

We value your membership and we look forward to your future stays at Hyatt.

Best regards,

Guest Care Support
Hyatt Global Contact Center
E: [email protected]
Old Mar 22, 2020, 5:11 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

In light of this difficult situation with the travel industry, I'm willing to donate some of my free night, points or miles to help the airlines and hotels. I know I can't do much myself, but together, we can always help....

Please give them some time and some help is even better.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ORDtoAnywhere
I just followed up with my Concierge about the extension or receiving 20K points and she gave me the points immediately.
It'd be nice if they just gave the full max value - 15K for cat 4, 30K for cat 7 - esp if a cert turns out to be entirely unusable. I had a res a PHNY for April 28 that was canceled affirmatively by Hyatt, cert expires May 21. Will hold out until closer in (other things to worry about) but it would really surprise me if they don't offer any extensions at all.
aloha12 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
It'd be nice if they just gave the full max value - 15K for cat 4, 30K for cat 7 - esp if a cert turns out to be entirely unusable. I had a res a PHNY for April 28 that was canceled affirmatively by Hyatt, cert expires May 21. Will hold out until closer in (other things to worry about) but it would really surprise me if they don't offer any extensions at all.
At least a 3 to 6 month extension for those expiring March through end of June I think would be the minimum Hyatt should do.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:38 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
At least a 3 to 6 month extension for those expiring March through end of June I think would be the minimum Hyatt should do.
Marriott & Hilton are extending theirs through at least early next year. A 3 month extension is likely not useful even for June expiration, let alone March IMHO. While I understand there are more pressing issues to be dealt with, a blanket extension at least until the end of the year shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

LAX
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
Marriott & Hilton are extending theirs through at least early next year. A 3 month extension is likely not useful even for June expiration, let alone March IMHO. While I understand there are more pressing issues to be dealt with, a blanket extension at least until the end of the year shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

LAX
I agree, it’s just Hyatt says they’re not extendable at all so I figured 3-6 months is better than asking for 9 months. Those extended in APAC got a year extension I am hoping Hyatt does the same for everyone over time considering many properties won’t be open until June/July. My Cat 1-7 expires in May and the property I had booked with it is closed, my alternative property, Ventana Big Sur is also closed.

Worst case I’ll take the 20k points, but I do hope Hyatt is able to extend them. We’ll just have to be patient and it’s likely they’ll make an announcement in April after they’ve had time to fully process things. I know that’s not very helpful for those with Certs expiring in March but it is what it is everyone is making the best of a bad situation.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
[wrong post]

Last edited by Hydro88; Mar 23, 2020 at 12:00 am Reason: misunderstood one of the above posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.