Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Cancelled reservation, zombie revived and consumed free night certificate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Hotel de estrala Lisbon, booked using a category 4 certificate (expiring in April) for check-in March 2. Cancellation policy is 3 days prior to check-in.

I cancelled the booking morning of Feb 27 pacific standard time. Even based on Lisbon time, this is almost 4 days (Feb 28/29/March 1/2). I have a cancellation email in my inbox

I check my account to reuse the certificate, and found out that somehow the hotel revived my booking and consumed my certificate, despite me not checking in and cancelled outside of the non refundable window.

I've had this happen at Marriott with zombie reservations but this is a first at Hyatt. On hold with a WOH agent, her manager, got put back in the phone queue and on hold again with a second agent (I did not put down the phone at all). Being told they need the hotel to approve any reimbursements.

What should I do?

EDIT: I have now been forwarded to a random hotel in Illinois.

Last edited by crimsona; Mar 12, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to learn about your issue. SLH uses a different system than Hyatt native one. Obviously there is problem with link. Hope it sorts out for you soon.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:18 am
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by crimsona
Hotel de estrala Lisbon, booked using a category 4 certificate (expiring in April) for check-in March 2. Cancellation policy is 3 days prior to check-in.

I cancelled the booking morning of Feb 27 pacific standard time. Even based on Lisbon time, this is almost 4 days (Feb 28/29/March 1/2). I have a cancellation email in my inbox

I check my account to reuse the certificate, and found out that somehow the hotel revived my booking and consumed my certificate, despite me not checking in and cancelled outside of the non refundable window.

I've had this happen at Marriott with zombie reservations but this is a first at Hyatt. On hold with a WOH agent, her manager, got put back in the phone queue and on hold again with a second agent (I did not put down the phone at all). Being told they need the hotel to approve any reimbursements.

What should I do?

EDIT: I have now been forwarded to a random hotel in Illinois.
Good Morning crimsona,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your award.

If you want you can send us a private message and I would be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
John
crimsona and RedSun like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the response - before I saw it, I called WoH again this morning. Finally got to an agent who did a customer service adjustment of 12k points (cat 3), which I gladly accepted. Thanks to Concierge for reaching out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.