Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Using a Glob suite upgrade cert on a free night award

Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

I was recently told this is not possible. But why wouldn't it be possible? It is possible to use them on reservations made on points.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 3:25 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Football Fan
I was recently told this is not possible. But why wouldn't it be possible? It is possible to use them on reservations made on points.

not possible

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan
Just the rules.... sorry.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Diamond
Work-Around

If you are staying more than one night, use points or cash for those nights and apply your Suite upgrade to those nights. Then book your free night, and call the hotel to ask them to merge your reservations. Unless the hotel is sold out, normally they will not make you change rooms.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
There is some YMMV to this. Ive had success in the past using a combination of points and free night certs and applying a TSU to the full stay. But that is going to be an accommodation of the property and not a guarantee.
TerryK and Football Fan like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by dpb132
There is some YMMV to this. Ive had success in the past using a combination of points and free night certs and applying a TSU to the full stay. But that is going to be an accommodation of the property and not a guarantee.
I have done that as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.