Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Hyatt for Downtown Los Angeles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Is there still a Hyatt in DTLA? I searched up Hyatt Century Plaza, but I don't think that hotel exist anymore.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hyatt Century Plaza, which is no more, was in Century City, not downtown.

There are currently no Hyatts in DTLA.
lsquare and cmx like this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Hyatt Century Plaza, which is no more, was in Century City, not downtown.

There are currently no Hyatts in DTLA.
Guess I gotta stick with Marriott then.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I do Hyatt Glendale when I need to be loyal.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by stvr
I do Hyatt Glendale when I need to be loyal.
The Hyatt Place in Pasadena + Gold Line Train will get you to DTLA in about an hour and a half, about the same as the HP Glendale + buses. Driving, either is 30 minutes (non-commute); much more during commute. Personally, I'd stay at LAX and take the FlyAway bus, but I'm relegated to public transit.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
The Hyatt Place in Pasadena + Gold Line Train will get you to DTLA in about an hour and a half, about the same as the HP Glendale + buses. Driving, either is 30 minutes (non-commute); much more during commute. Personally, I'd stay at LAX and take the FlyAway bus, but I'm relegated to public transit.
Personally, I think I'd go with another brand
ZBigFam, Hydro88, cmx and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On my last visit to LA, I also stuck with public transit. Sometimes it's just easier not to have a car as the traffic can be brutal during rush hour. Why stay at LAX and take the FlyAway bus? It's still about an hour to DTLA right?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
On my last visit to LA, I also stuck with public transit. Sometimes it's just easier not to have a car as the traffic can be brutal during rush hour. Why stay at LAX and take the FlyAway bus? It's still about an hour to DTLA right?
Yes, the timing is about the same, but it's a non-stop, "big", nice bus with aircon and you always get a seat. It runs from terminal 1 at LAX, just a block and a half from the hotel. The Pasadena metro is, I think, longer walk to an overcrowded, frequently stopping train where you may be standing, jammed in. Hence, my preference. But the idea of going with non-Hyatt hotel is really the answer.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, the timing is about the same, but it's a non-stop, "big", nice bus with aircon and you always get a seat. It runs from terminal 1 at LAX, just a block and a half from the hotel. The Pasadena metro is, I think, longer walk to an overcrowded, frequently stopping train where you may be standing, jammed in. Hence, my preference. But the idea of going with non-Hyatt hotel is really the answer.
Marriott it is then! Hopefully Hyatt get a property back in DTLA.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by lsquare
Marriott it is then! Hopefully Hyatt get a property back in DTLA.
I think there's a Park Hyatt opening soon there
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Finance_underling
I think there's a Park Hyatt opening soon there
I wouldn't count on it, as construction has apparently completely stalled. More discussion in main property thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2021-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.