Wrong room type booked

Old Feb 23, 20, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Wrong room type booked

Not sure how best to resolve this situation.

I used 2 free night certificates to book a 2-night Hyatt stay over the upcoming Fourth of July weekend. Since the hotel was requiring a minimum stay, the agent had to call the hotel to manually book the certificates together.

At the time, award nights were available for the following room types: 1 King, 2 Queens, 2 Doubles. Of course, I was booked into the 2 Doubles room, so I called back. The new agent called the hotel and said she had switched it to 2 Queens.

When I later looked closer at the reservation, only July 5 is in 2 Queens, July 4 is still in 2 Doubles. When I called back, there were no award nights available anymore and the agent told me to kick rocks (and hung up on me when I pressed her).

What are my options? I check every couple days and the only award availability now is for Club Level 1 King or 2 Doubles. Should I:

A. HUCA until someone fixes it? There are 2 Queens rooms for sale.
B. Wait and hope that the award availability opens up?
C. Sort it out at check in? I am an Explorist if that matters.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 20, 12:22 pm

For one night, a bed that's 4 inches narrower and 5 inches shorter wouldn't bother me. You may of course feel differently.
But... changing rooms during a 2 day stay is a bit of a pain, so I'd try and get it sorted to one room or the other for both nights at least.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Premier Silver, Southwest A List,Spirit Lover
Originally Posted by Points Poppa View Post
Not sure how best to resolve this situation.

I used 2 free night certificates to book a 2-night Hyatt stay over the upcoming Fourth of July weekend. Since the hotel was requiring a minimum stay, the agent had to call the hotel to manually book the certificates together.

At the time, award nights were available for the following room types: 1 King, 2 Queens, 2 Doubles. Of course, I was booked into the 2 Doubles room, so I called back. The new agent called the hotel and said she had switched it to 2 Queens.

When I later looked closer at the reservation, only July 5 is in 2 Queens, July 4 is still in 2 Doubles. When I called back, there were no award nights available anymore and the agent told me to kick rocks (and hung up on me when I pressed her).

What are my options? I check every couple days and the only award availability now is for Club Level 1 King or 2 Doubles. Should I:

A. HUCA until someone fixes it? There are 2 Queens rooms for sale.
B. Wait and hope that the award availability opens up?
C. Sort it out at check in? I am an Explorist if that matters.

Thanks
C. They donít want you to change rooms any more than you do.
rickg523 and writerguyfl like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:10 pm

You have time. Shoot an email to the property. Don't mention the long booking snafu history, only nicely ask if they can accomodate your party in a room with two queen beds for your first night and that you will appreciate it. See what happens.
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
I would think both the hotel and the lurker would join you in wanting to avoid a room move.

But I'm terribly curious who told you to kick rocks. The hotel or the central reservationist?
Old Feb 24, 20, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jayer View Post

But I'm terribly curious who told you to kick rocks. The hotel or the central reservationist?
The central reservationist. It's been awhile since I've been hung up on...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: