Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Tempe Mission Palms REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tempe Mission Palms REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by River in Sight
i have never used a TSU here but doing a dummy booking it appears One Bedroom Suite and One Bedroom Suite with Terrace are both standard suites, so I assume that what I had pictured above (One Bedroom Suite - but no door to the bedroom) would be eligible for TSU use.
Can confirm - used a TSU for this suite in the past.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 1:48 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by FrontSeatLeft
Just used a TSU for a six-night stay here last week. I had the option for either the 1BR Suite or the 1BR Suite with Terrace. Picked the former, and received a room very similar to the one River in Sight posted above, although mine did have a door between the living room and bedroom.
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Can confirm - used a TSU for this suite in the past.
thanks for the confirmations. Just dropped a note to MHC to apply a TSU.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FrontSeatLeft
Picked the former, and received a room very similar to the one River in Sight posted above, although mine did have a door between the living room and bedroom.
If I recall correctly, yours also has a nicer bathroom than mine - I didn’t post a picture of my bathroom but it was the exact same bathroom as the standard rooms. Yours looks much larger with a nicer shower.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by River in Sight
If I recall correctly, yours also has a nicer bathroom than mine - I didn’t post a picture of my bathroom but it was the exact same bathroom as the standard rooms. Yours looks much larger with a nicer shower.
Yeah, it's interesting to see the slight variations between rooms in the same category. I was in 3038, on the northwest corner of the building. Not sure if perhaps the corners or certain floors might allow more space for the larger bathrooms.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:04 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by 59Impala
thanks for the confirmations. Just dropped a note to MHC to apply a TSU.
update: MHC confirmed the 1BR King Terrace. The other option is the 1 BR King as well for use of TSU.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Staying at this hotel next week. Any recent experiences, including Explorist upgrades? I'm doing an AA status match, so not much Hyatt experience.

The hotel is showing sold out for the time I'm going to be there, so probably unlikely.

For breakfast, is ordering off the menu the only option, or is there a buffet? Looks like they don't open until 7am, so I'll be a little rushed.

Do you still need to call from the airport for the Shuttle or do they circle regularly anyway?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
For breakfast, is ordering off the menu the only option, or is there a buffet? Looks like they don't open until 7am, so I'll be a little rushed.
When I was there in late August the restaurant offered a full buffet in addition to the a la carte menu options. The buffet was a pretty standard offering, with a few hot dishes (scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon), plus cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices, and pastries.
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Staying at this hotel next week. Any recent experiences, including Explorist upgrades? I'm doing an AA status match, so not much Hyatt experience.

The hotel is showing sold out for the time I'm going to be there, so probably unlikely.
I stayed here in June while there was a conference and I booked it for 3 people as an Explorist. The 2 double room was very tight, so they upgraded us to a Junior Suite on the 2nd and 3rd night (the first night was sold out). I’m not sure if it’s the norm, but I thought it was a great room:

tarheelnj likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:16 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The menu items can be slow to arrive so definitely go for the buffet if you're going to be in a hurry.
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:28 am

Do you still need to call from the airport for the Shuttle or do they circle regularly anyway?
You need to call the hotel to dispatch the shuttle when you arrive at the airport.
It does not pick up people from the airport on a fixed schedule.
Interestingly the shuttle does run on a fixed schedule in the other direction: it runs from the hotel to the airport every 30 minutes.
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Stayed here 1 night to burn an expiring Cat 1-4 cert and to put me over the top to requalify for Globalist.

Long story short: great experience. Upgraded to a large one-bedroom suite without me asking. Above average breakfast buffet was totally comped for myself + 1 (biscuits were delicious). Property is perfect for walking to both downtown Tempe and the ASU campus. Can't say enough good things about this place. Would stay again.
River in Sight and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Does anyone know if this hotel honors 4pm checkout for Globalists or does it consider itself a resort?
Old Feb 28, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
They offered it to me, but I declined.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Always offered a late checkout but it’s never full when I stay.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:21 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker
Does anyone know if this hotel honors 4pm checkout for Globalists or does it consider itself a resort?
yes, proactively offered when checking in via the app!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.