Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Hyatt FAQs regarding Covid-19 elite status extensions:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sxc
My status still not extended. I know Hyatt still has a few more days to action this, my hunch is they won’t do it before end of March.
Messaged Hyatt on Twitter today and my status was updated to 2022 in 10 minutes.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Messaged Hyatt on Twitter today and my status was updated to 2022 in 10 minutes.
Also contacted them on Twitter. The Twitter team told me to email... completely unhelpful.

Explorist here and I am eligible for the extension.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Same here. Now good through Feb 28 2022.

Now all we need is a Globalist fast track.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

March came and went. I went the twitter route as well, as suggested by other posters, and got my status extended to 2022. Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Same here. Now good through Feb 28 2022.

Now all we need is a Globalist fast track.
If you already got Glob thru 2022 what good would a fast track do? Just curious.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
If you already got Glob thru 2022 what good would a fast track do? Just curious.
I am an Explorist.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:39 am

I am an Explorist.
Ah.

I think the fast track is good, but bad.

You gain status, but you need to stay 20 out of 90 nights within a timeframe Hyatt chooses.

Even though you gain status you don’t get the benefits that come with earning it normally meaning the Milestone bonuses which I think are a major benefit to earning Globalist.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah.

I think the fast track is good, but bad.

You gain status, but you need to stay 20 out of 90 nights within a timeframe Hyatt chooses.

Even though you gain status you don’t get the benefits that come with earning it normally meaning the Milestone bonuses which I think are a major benefit to earning Globalist.
It wasn't always that way.

It doesn't necessarily have to be that way going forward.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:31 am

It wasn't always that way.

It doesn't necessarily have to be that way going forward.
It’s definitely that way going forward. I had a long discussion with several people in Hyatt Corporate over the phone and via email.

Last year around June I reached MGM Gold status organically through tons of gambling. I then matched to Hyatt Explorist. I had read tons of threads and blogs saying it was just the same as meeting it through stays.

Well September came when I had a stay at HR Waikiki. When I called in to apply my Club Access Awards (this was my first time) they said you don’t have any. This was a huge surprise to me as it’s one of the reasons I pushed extra hard to make MLife Gold. Apparently it was in March of last year that matching status or meeting status through a challenge you no longer get the benefits of that status. Explorist specifically as a status gave you 4 Club Access Awards. Those are now give as Milestone Awards.

Anyways this lead to several calls, emails, back and forths between me and Hyatt as they never actually emailed members this information as far as I knew.

Several people in corporate noted that they have no plans to bring back “just giving things away” (as they put it) any time in the years to come.

I feel like since they’ve added the option of spending on the World of Hyatt Credit Card they’ve given even more ways to reach Globalist and still get Milestone Rewards. Because of that and other factors I don’t believe they would be returning to give additional benefits to those who meet Globalist via a challenge or status match (if they have one again).

That being said now I have 8 Club Access Awards with no use at all since I’m a Globalist. I think many on here would much prefer finding a way to trade them in for something, anything. I’d trade all 8 for a $50 credit or 5,000 points any day. Maybe someday that’ll happen.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s definitely that way going forward. I had a long discussion with several people in Hyatt Corporate over the phone and via email.
Recently? The world is a much different place than it was last September.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Explorist sans Club Upgrade Awards is of minimal value. Globalist sans Suite Upgrade Awards is still of considerable value.

A lot of non-Globalists would appreciate some kind of fast track even without the guaranteed suite upgrades.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Although I got the extension to 2022, I wouldn't mind a promotion with double status nights or something.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Explorist sans Club Upgrade Awards is of minimal value. Globalist sans Suite Upgrade Awards is still of considerable value.

A lot of non-Globalists would appreciate some kind of fast track even without the guaranteed suite upgrades.
For Globalist via Fast Track here’s what you’re missing definitely not just Suite Upgrades -

​— (2) Club Access Awards (You’d receive 2 for meeting 20 nights but still missing 2)

​​​​​​— (1) Category 1-4

​— Choice of 5k Points, $100 Hyatt GC or 10k Points off a FIND Experience

​— (4) Suite Upgrade Awards

​— (1) Category 1-7 Free Night Certificate

I was in no way comparing the two I was just explaining what lead me to several calls/emails and the conclusion that Hyatt Corporate isn’t budging anytime in the next year on giving Milestone Bonuses to people hitting status through a match or challenge. I’d be comfortable staking $500 that it definitely wouldn’t happen in 2020. I am a gambling man after all

Can’t say it won’t happen in 2024, but very confident not this current program year.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
It's official. In a press release just received, Hyatt has announced it is extending the status of all.

More time for elite members to enjoy their status and benefits: Status and benefits will be extended for all existing elite members without having to re-qualify. This means that whatever your status was as of March 31, 2020 – whether Discoverist, Explorist or Globalist – it will be automatically updated to reflect a February 28, 2022 expiration date. All elite tier extensions should be reflected in members’ accounts no later than April 15, 2020. Visit the World of Hyatt COVID-19 FAQs for details.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/info/coronavirus-statement

Hyatt extending status, free nights because of coronavirus

I can see some issues with this.

Last edited by danger; Apr 3, 2020 at 9:46 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.