Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Hyatt FAQs regarding Covid-19 elite status extensions:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt APAC Tier Status Extends for One Additional Year

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
HK based globalist and still no extension in my account to 2022. Is there anyone else in a similar situation?
They said it would be applied by the end of the month. If you still don't have it April, then let them know.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
They said it would be applied by the end of the month. If you still don't have it April, then let them know.
Pls just email your concierge, mine was completed in 1 day.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
To all Globalists who have their status extended to 2022, please continue to stay with Hyatt as show of thanks for their consideration. Please do not, as some have mentioned, use this as a means to divert stays to other hotel chains just because you no longer need to worry about Globalist qualification.

I am at 21 nights YTD and all work travels have been shut down. I will wait to contact Hyatt about status until later this year if my CC spend does not carry me close enough to 60 nights.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Yes, of course, why wait? Feel free to feel entitled...
skj likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Some states are closing down business beginning today.. DOW going into toilet - not good for public confidence. I can see this lockdown of the US economy for at least 3 months or more. It will be a huge climb for US elite/loyal members to make the 60 so Hyatt, why not extend everyone to take a stress point off your loyal members' back. It just make business sense.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Some states are closing down business beginning today.. DOW going into toilet - not good for public confidence. I can see this lockdown of the US economy for at least 3 months or more. It will be a huge climb for US elite/loyal members to make the 60 so Hyatt, why not extend everyone to take a stress point off your loyal members' back. It just make business sense.
This could happen down the line.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
This could happen down the line.
It will have to happen.

At the same time - with travel cratering right now, this isn't necessarily the best time to do it - salience-wise, better to do it when there are some "green shoots" of travel about to come back
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Yes, of course, why wait? Feel free to feel entitled...
What's so wrong with asking??
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Just ask your concierge, I did and I was extended to 2022 and I reside in the US.
I asked my concierge and was denied. :-(
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I don't have a concierge. And why do I need next year's status assured right this second?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:10 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
And why do I need next year's status assured right this second?
Don't you know, Feb 28, 2021 is right around the corner
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
There's nothing wrong at all with asking. It's not like the Concierges are super busy at this time... Anyway, given how freely the extension is given, I'm quite sure it will be extended to all elites sooner or later.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:01 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Hydro88
There's nothing wrong at all with asking. It's not like the Concierges are super busy at this time...
Do you know this for a fact ? I'd expect them to be quite busy dealing with cancellations, re-bookings, making sure upgrades certs are refunded, etc. I think I've exchanged more than 20 emails with my MHC since Friday, dealing with several reservations for the next week to about 60-90 days out..
craigthemif likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:45 pm

I don't have a concierge. And why do I need next year's status assured right this second?
We are all different some of us would rather just have that as one less thing to worry about.

Sorry you don't have a concierge I thought all Globalists did.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by skj
Do you know this for a fact ? I'd expect them to be quite busy dealing with cancellations, re-bookings, making sure upgrades certs are refunded, etc. I think I've exchanged more than 20 emails with my MHC since Friday, dealing with several reservations for the next week to about 60-90 days out..
That's what my Concierge told me.
Out of interest, what are those reservation matters that you liaise with your Concierge about that can't be handled via the app or property?
craigthemif likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.