Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Emotional support dogs and pet fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emotional support dogs and pet fee

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Hotels are allowed to charge for a PET which is basically any animal except a real service animal such as a seeing eye dog. ESA's don't qualify as such and are in fact considered as a PET. And while there are certifications/letters from certified doctors, all these vests and cards that swirls around the internet are nothing but toys aka FAKES.

Always astounds me when people play down the matter of their dogs being "small, well behaved and potty trained". They remain domesticated animals who can get scared or excited especially when traveling or with strangers around. I had a pet as a child, I love dogs as well as cats and pretty much most animals but there is a line. An ex-gf of mine suddenly allowed her dog onto the bed, hence why ex.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Hotels are allowed to charge for a PET which is basically any animal except a real service animal such as a seeing eye dog. ESA's don't qualify as such and are in fact considered as a PET. And while there are certifications/letters from certified doctors, all these vests and cards that swirls around the internet are nothing but toys aka FAKES.
Hence, why we don't have any of that nonsense and pay the pet fee. For us, it's not about money.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I would pay not to have to keep him in a small kennel under the seat. He is better behaved than most children I've seen in flight. His last flight he slept the whole way on one of our laps and didn't make a single sound, nor even sniff the person in the aisle (we were window & middle).
I find that disgusting. For people who cannot travel without their pet, the simple resolution is to stay home.
Maui4me1 and skj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.