Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Currently On Mattress Run, checked in, when can i check out

Old Feb 17, 20, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SWCP

i just checked in HH @ noon.. Can i check out in couple hours?

i just dont want to be responsible for anything that might occur in the hotel room etc.

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 20, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
i just dont want to be responsible for anything that might occur in the hotel room etc.

Thanks
Not sure what that means...

Is someone else in the room? If not then there’s nothing that might occur in the hotel room.

I would lay in the bed, watch some TV then leave and in the morning do Mobile check out.
Old Feb 17, 20, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SWCP
Oops. Sorry. I guess most people stay in the room. Lol. But I went home 5 miles away. Only did the mattress run to qualify for “second stay” bonus next month.

Would just rather check out sooner than later
Old Feb 17, 20, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
Why? Just don't till the next morning. Let the system cycle in a normal manner.
econ and iluv2fly like this.
Old Feb 18, 20, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
Oops. Sorry. I guess most people stay in the room. Lol. But I went home 5 miles away. Only did the mattress run to qualify for “second stay” bonus next month.

You simply do not "check out" of a mattress run. It happens automatically on check-out date.

Trust me... only screw ups happen when you try to check out prematurely.
Old Feb 18, 20, 7:14 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Never check out early on a mattress run - only screw ups can happen. Wait until next morning say 6 am and later and either do mobile check out or call front desk and say you're out.

Don't complicate things but trying to check out early. Will only backfire
whistler814, TerryK and broncophil like this.
Old Feb 18, 20, 8:46 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LT Globalist
I had a night at HR Dar es Salaam, actually only needed room until 10pm, as a "day room", to rest prior to a red eye.
Checked-in at 2:30p, used the room and pool, had dinner (charged to room), officially checked-out at front desk at 9:30pm.
received points and night credit, without any intervention, even though I checked-out before midnight.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Feb 18, 20, 9:31 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
I had a night at HR Dar es Salaam, actually only needed room until 10pm, as a "day room", to rest prior to a red eye.
Checked-in at 2:30p, used the room and pool, had dinner (charged to room), officially checked-out at front desk at 9:30pm.
received points and night credit, without any intervention, even though I checked-out before midnight.
I think you were lucky, and I certainly wouldn't advise the OP to rely on this. There are too many documented instances here where proper credit wasn't given when checking out before midnight or checking in after midnight. It's usually possible to sort this out after the stay, but why would the OP put himself in that position ? Just check out using the app the next morning.
MarkOK, broncophil and jinrop like this.
Old Feb 18, 20, 9:58 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LT Globalist
Originally Posted by skj View Post
I think you were lucky, and I certainly wouldn't advise the OP to rely on this. There are too many documented instances here where proper credit wasn't given when checking out before midnight or checking in after midnight. It's usually possible to sort this out after the stay, but why would the OP put himself in that position ? Just check out using the app the next morning.
yes, i am aware of those reports. since I no longer really require the night credits I thought I'd give it a try. maybe this "bug" in HYATT IT is now fixed?

but agree, not worth for the OP to risk it.

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 18, 20 at 10:34 pm
Old Feb 18, 20, 1:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
I didn't exactly mattress run, but only needed the room to ~9.30 pm, but definitely needed the stay credit.

I simply left the key in the room, and waited till the next morning to check out via the app.

Last edited by solewalker; Feb 18, 20 at 4:22 pm
Old Feb 18, 20, 3:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Yeah, I agree with the majority opinion here. Check out the next day, you can do it on the app or by calling in the front desk. I wouldn't worry about anything happening to the room. Play it safe.
Old Feb 18, 20, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
I simply left the key in the room, and waited till the next morning to check out via the app.
Which is the better plan just in case your flight is cancelled. Or locally if say, your mother-in-law shows up.
Old Feb 23, 20, 11:25 am

I'm about to mattress run 3 nights. I'm staying at crappy Hyatt Place (I like alot of them but not this one). They charge a $2 destination fee, should I ask them to remove it at check-in?

Also it says checkout by March 15th for the promo... checking out on March 15th itself should be ok right?
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:53 pm

I'm about to mattress run 3 nights. I'm staying at crappy Hyatt Place (I like alot of them but not this one). They charge a $2 destination fee, should I ask them to remove it at check-in?
No.
Old Feb 23, 20, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by jayer View Post
No.
Can you elaborate? I'm genuinely curious.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: