Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

AMEX Fine Hotel & Resort and Hyatt Benefits

AMEX Fine Hotel & Resort and Hyatt Benefits

Old Feb 14, 20, 11:31 am
  #1  
FT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 116
AMEX Fine Hotel & Resort and Hyatt Benefits

There was a recent clarification in the Marriott forum by one of their lurkers stating that Marriott will honor elite benefits, nightly credits, and points accreditation for travel made through AMEX for Fine Hotel & Resorts and The Hotel Collection whether prepaid or paid at the hotel.

This is specific for FHR and THC only.

Is Hyatt's policy similar as above or do they consider any booking outside of Hyatt as 3rd party and therefore no benefits/credits/points, is it up to the specific hotel, ...?
FT is offline  
Old Feb 14, 20, 12:16 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,492
Originally Posted by FT View Post
There was a recent clarification in the Marriott forum by one of their lurkers stating that Marriott will honor elite benefits, nightly credits, and points accreditation for travel made through AMEX for Fine Hotel & Resorts and The Hotel Collection whether prepaid or paid at the hotel.
That is not correct. The last post in the relevant Marriott thread by the lurkers was basically "we can't tell you, check with AMEX." https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31812977-post86.html There have been quite a few reports of the prepaid FHR rates NOT crediting to Marriott.

Originally Posted by FT View Post
Is Hyatt's policy similar as above or do they consider any booking outside of Hyatt as 3rd party and therefore no benefits/credits/points, is it up to the specific hotel, ...?
Hyatt has always given credit for FHR bookings. Hyatt + Amex Fine hotel and resorts
Kacee is offline  
Old Feb 14, 20, 12:22 pm
  #3  
FT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That is not correct. The last post in the relevant Marriott thread by the lurkers was basically "we can't tell you, check with AMEX." https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31812977-post86.html There have been quite a few reports of the prepaid FHR rates NOT crediting to Marriott.

Hyatt has always given credit for FHR bookings. Hyatt + Amex Fine hotel and resorts
Thank you for clarifying Kaycee
FT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: