Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mistake rates...or extremely low rates

Old Feb 14, 20, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Was able to get in on this one yesterday for extremely cheap stay credit. Anyone else have any to share? Any experience on how Hyatt handles these?

Old Feb 14, 20, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
Was able to get in on this one yesterday for extremely cheap stay credit. Anyone else have any to share? Any experience on how Hyatt handles these?

Tried to replicate, but it said ...

Hyatt would have to honor the rate. Looks like the hotel saw the glitch or mistake rate and took themselves offline for those dates.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Hope they honor, haven't booked a mistake rate like this before other than the suites at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek...
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Tried to replicate, but it said ...

Hyatt would have to honor the rate. Looks like the hotel saw the glitch or mistake rate and took themselves offline for those dates.
They don't "have" to do anything.

Hotel error rates are cancelled all the time and no payment has been taken. It's simply a reservation.
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:30 pm

Iíve been canceled on Hyatt price mistakes before.

they donít owe us anything
soartoday likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mikechan View Post
Iíve been canceled on Hyatt price mistakes before.

they donít owe us anything
Would like to understand the circumstances if you can share. The PH beaver Creek had a mistake rate last year for suites that they honored.
Old Feb 14, 20, 5:15 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I donít see whatís so special about that rate. $115.00 is often the rate at Hyatt place and can go as low as $89.00
Old Feb 14, 20, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas View Post
I donít see whatís so special about that rate. $115.00 is often the rate at Hyatt place and can go as low as $89.00
$115 including taxes for 5 nights? Thatís very special Itís not $115 for 1 night.
Old Feb 14, 20, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas View Post
That was for 5 nights.

Iíve booked a price mistake in Boston a while back it was $10ish a night. But it was canceled a few months later with an email apologizing for the price mistake and stating Reservation will be canceled
Old Feb 14, 20, 6:09 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
$115 including taxes for 5 nights? Thatís very special Itís not $115 for 1 night.
oops , I see that now ....sorry
Old Feb 15, 20, 10:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
So far, I've had all of my "cheap" rates honored.
PH Beaver Creek x2
HR Paris Etoile
GH Baha Mar

I think that Hyatt is better than most at honoring their rates, but it probably depends on if it's a few days or a handful of rooms vs wide open for months at that rate.
Old Feb 15, 20, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
I booked the same hotel from Dec 18-31 for only $4 a night, we'll see what happens
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
ive booked a mistake fare and it was canceled by hyatt. can't blame them as it was obviously a mistake fare. it was in Paris.
Old Feb 23, 20, 12:04 pm

I've booked two Hyatt mistake rates for premium suites and both times they were honored, Grand Hyatt in Seattle for Onyx suite emailed me saying they could cancel it but they weren't going to.

FYI to the person above that mentioned Beaver creek, they makes mistakes all too often during summer months for me to believe they are actually mistakes. I only booked it because my friend lives in Vail and funnily enough she stayed in the suite because she was interviewing for a job there, she got it but declined.

Another tip for anyone else who cares, if you book a mistake rate but don't have travel plans yet... book each night individually that way you can modify dates etc and cancel if its a refundable rate. If you book 5 nights under one reservation and want to change it to 4 they wont let you for you example but if you book 5 one night reservations..

Last edited by parrotheadmjb; Feb 23, 20 at 12:16 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: