SLH options in London

Old Feb 14, 20, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
SLH options in London

Haven't seen a master thread about any of these yet - any reports?

Looking at doing The Academy in March for a work trip (cheaper than the three "real" Hyatt properties by 100 GBP/night). Price and location is right. Some of the other more expensive ones (Dukes? St. James?) seem nice too.

Got Academy for $207 GBP for a tiny single bed will hope for a minor bed upgrade!
Old Feb 14, 20, 11:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Lapsing Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Haven't seen a master thread about any of these yet - any reports?

Looking at doing The Academy in March for a work trip (cheaper than the three "real" Hyatt properties by 100 GBP/night). Price and location is right. Some of the other more expensive ones (Dukes? St. James?) seem nice too.

Got Academy for $207 GBP for a tiny single bed will hope for a minor bed upgrade!
i agree that a lot of them seem nice, though their rooms are listed at minuscule sizes. Fine for a work stay like you have, but the small sizes are what have caused me to never pull the trigger on them for a leisure stay.

Last edited by hp12c; Feb 14, 20 at 11:40 am
Old Feb 14, 20, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
I stayed at the Franklin in March last year. Definitely got a tiny room but well appointed with an excellent bed and linens. The hotel is in a great location plus the breakfast which was included was very good with a menu for hot options and a quality buffet with an extensive range of cold fare.
It was cold in March so there was no access to the garden which looked like it would be a rather lovely outdoor space in the summer months.
I think this was a points stay.
Old Feb 14, 20, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by catsassy View Post
I stayed at the Franklin in March last year. Definitely got a tiny room but well appointed with an excellent bed and linens. The hotel is in a great location plus the breakfast which was included was very good with a menu for hot options and a quality buffet with an extensive range of cold fare.
It was cold in March so there was no access to the garden which looked like it would be a rather lovely outdoor space in the summer months.
I think this was a points stay.
+1. Great location, nice breakfast and outdoor garden. Walking distance to British Museum. Elegantly tiled steam room to sweat our one’s sins after a night at the pubs...
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
dupe.
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seems like the Academy and Flemings are the two cheapest options typically out of the six SLH in Central London - will take one for the team and do a review!
Old Feb 14, 20, 5:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
I’ve been staying at the Dukes as my regular London hotel this year. It typically hovers around the £300-350+ mark incl. VAT which is more than I like to spend, but being based there is really very civilised.

Would definitely be interested in hearing how the “single” rooms in the other hotels are for times when I want to stay under £200 though.
Old Feb 15, 20, 1:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, Sixt Plat, National Exec
Enjoying a world famous Duke's Martini is reason enough for me to stay at Dukes. If you are not a hotel guest, it can be difficult to get a table in the bar area. The table-side martini experience with Allesandro wheeling his martini cart over to you and zesting lemon peel from the Amalfi Coast is a lovely experience and is oft imitated the world over. Cheers!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: