Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Charlotte / Arrowood

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hyatt Place Charlotte / Arrowood

Stay Report - 2/9 - 2/10

Location: The hotel is located about 15 minutes south of Downtown Charlotte in the Arrowood District. It's just off I-77 (Exit 3) and two miles north of I-485 so you can get around the area very easily. It's also fairly close (15 minutes) to CLT. Nearby are a number of fast food restaurants and some other similar chain hotels

Hotel: One of the former Amerisuite brands that are rapidly aging. It has a good sized parking lot at least but the lobby is really small especially when people are there eating breakfast. There's the usual small breakfast room, two computer business center and coffee shop/cold case set up as well. There is also an outdoor pool.

Check In: The agent wasn't familiar with Discoverist benefits so we had an argument over the proper late checkout time. Other than that service was very good, everyone remembered my name and I got a phone call and a text asking if everything was okay

Room: The usual layout with separate office/kitchen area, living room area, bedroom and small bathroom. Annoyingly there were electrical problems in the room and none of the outlets around the desk or the TV worked. I brought this up on checkout and they didn't seem all that concerned.

Breakfast: Spread included oatmeal, scrambled eggs and sausage plus the usual cold items (cereal, fruit, yogurt etc.)

Hyatt is really limited in Charlotte and this HP is worse than the other two HPs (Lake Pointe and Tyvola). I'll probably avoid it.

Hyatt is really lacking
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hyatt is really limited in Charlotte and this HP is worse than the other two HPs (Lake Pointe and Tyvola). I'll probably avoid it.

Hyatt is really lacking
Thanks for the review. I'll cross this off the list of possible hotels to stay in.

Which Charlotte Hyatt property is best? What would you recommend for proximity to Gastonia?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIT85
Thanks for the review. I'll cross this off the list of possible hotels to stay in.

Which Charlotte Hyatt property is best? What would you recommend for proximity to Gastonia?
So far I've only stayed at the HP Lake Pointe and HP Tyvola each of which are by CLT and are both fine if nothing special. Neither is really near Gastonia though.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Stayed here again from 2/21 to 2/22

Very friendly staff at the front desk at check in and check out. They thanked me for being Globalist and offered me two soft drinks from the store and asked if I needed my 4 PM checkout.

My room was in good shape, nothing broken or damaged, no noise issues or Wifi issues.

Breakfast was pretty unfortunate though. Awful tasting microwave breakfast sandwiches and bagels plus cereal and yogurt.

This was a good stay and it's a Category 1 still which is something.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:37 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Standard AmeriSuites HP. They are just ok for a one-nighter. I'd only stay at such a place if there is absolutely no other option
Aventine likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
And if you don't need to plug anything in. I stayed there in 2019 a few times, and had trouble with the electrical outlets. The power went off a lot in the properties on the airport side of the highway, so Arrowood was a fairly inexpensive option that did have power. But as CMK10 mentioned in 2020, the electrical outlets didn't work. Have there been some updates to the power outlets and the rooms? Those rooms always felt dirty even though they look okay in the photos. I thought Lake Pointe was barely tolerable, the Hyatt House below tolerable, and from the reviews, decided not to try Tyvola back then.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
We've stayed there for an event for the past 3 years, most recently in Jan during the snowmageddon in CLT. I know it's an older HP and nothing special hard product, But they were real prepared, staffed, and gracious hosts during what was a cluster weather event. We'll keep going back!
AmericanCasey likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AmericanCasey
And if you don't need to plug anything in. I stayed there in 2019 a few times, and had trouble with the electrical outlets. The power went off a lot in the properties on the airport side of the highway, so Arrowood was a fairly inexpensive option that did have power. But as CMK10 mentioned in 2020, the electrical outlets didn't work. Have there been some updates to the power outlets and the rooms? Those rooms always felt dirty even though they look okay in the photos. I thought Lake Pointe was barely tolerable, the Hyatt House below tolerable, and from the reviews, decided not to try Tyvola back then.
I'm happy to note that this time all the outlets worked. Of the Hyatt Places in Charlotte I'd say the best are:

1. University: opened in 2021
2. Lake Pointe
3. Arrowood
4. Tyvola

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.