Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Valet parking only - $47 for overnight parking
2 bottles of water daily, provided by front desk upon request
Hotel restaurant does not participate in World of Hyatt - not point earning restaurant.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Originally Posted by mrt88
Has anyone been at this property recently? It sounds like the restaurant may have shut - any idea on what one would receive as globalist breakfast in that situation?
I stayed here over the weekend. You get a voucher from the front desk for breakfast at the cafe in the lobby. I departed the hotel before the cafe opened so I can't speak on the food.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:21 pm

Has anyone been at this property recently? It sounds like the restaurant may have shut - any idea on what one would receive as globalist breakfast in that situation?
No mention of Masia on their website any more: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/or...d/pdxct/dining

Masia's own website says it is permanently shut down: https://www.masiapdx.com

Too bad, it was a fantastic Globalist breakfast.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 10:41 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Masia is closed. The staff obtains local eateries food options for breakfast and lunch/dinner options. There are vegetarian and non vegetarian options. Veggie burrito for example. Overall, not as good as Masia, but at least they are supporting local eateries.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1k
Thank you for this - I'll let you guys know how those cafe options pan out!
synergistic likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:06 pm
formerly wchinchen

Thank you for this - I'll let you guys know how those cafe options pan out!
They do have a small selection of beer/wine; and made to order coffee selection. I really do hope once the economy picks back up, someone else will take over that space. I just talked to an Uber driver today, and apparently Masia's owner is heading back to NY as he had to close his second restaurant.

They have an amazing, warm, and friendly team running the show throughout the entire pandemic. The managers are friendly, approachable, and bring the best out of Hyatt.

Ask them about their new hotel puppy when you arrive.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:04 am

Stayed here twice recently as a Globalist using free night certs. They're still doing the voucher for breakfast at the cafe. Some of the non-breakfasty items are also available as options like the turkey sandwich. There's limited parking dropoff space up front where the valet also is and the surrounding street parking spots were always full while I was there. I didn't get a room upgrade either time but the rooms are nice enough for what they are. Decor reminds me of an Andaz with the amenities of, well, a Centric. Friendly and fast check-in though!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here on a expiring free night cert. Was upgraded to a suite after texting with the front desk before check in. Still doing voucher breakfast with no restaurant, it's pathetic. Neither my girlfriend or I eat eggs, and the selection was a couple egg breakfast sandwiches or egg bowls. I didn't end up using my cert and asked for 2000 points instead which was denied. The length to which properties are still blaming the pandemic yet taking reservations is ridiculous,
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:47 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Just curious about what others have done for parking if not interested in valet.

LAX
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX
Just curious about what others have done for parking if not interested in valet.

LAX
Join the Whiskey Library

Whiskey Library (Members Only) $10 Daily

Just kidding, I am fairly interested as well because I would love to stay here but cash rates tend to be $100-$120 making a points redemption illogical even though its the only way to get comped parking.

Heres to hoping Q4 includes Complimentary parking for Globalists on paid stays.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
I really enjoyed this hotel. Great location for walking and hopping on the streetcar and MAX train. We left our car with valet (free for Globalist on award stay) and didn't think about it for 3 days.

Globalist breakfast was good enough. Each person gets a main, a snack, and a drink, and they seem to interpret those pretty liberally. Not a lot of choices though.

It's unfortunate that the restaurant closed but the space is now great for getting work done. Too bad the coffee goes away after breakfast time.

Finally, the studio queen rooms are nice for a family. There's a fullsize couch in a little nook. They were happy to give us extra bedding and my kid really enjoyed her little cave.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:07 am
formerly wchinchen

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce the Portland Hyatt Centric finally got an in-house restaurant, staffed by Hyatt, and curated by a Michelin Star chef. The have a bar going from 4PM-10PM ish. They'll start having dinner soon, hopefully by Sunday of this week.

I had their breakfast today, and had their vegetarian squash hash with Kale, and it was decent. Best that I can remember: Continental breakfast, Buckwheat pancakes, breakfast hash, and couple more items. The breakfast came with four small sides: fried potatoes, overnight oat like dish, yogurt with granola, and another fruit in yogurt dish. Their house made hot sauce is delicious.
59Impala and onetouchpass like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:21 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Hi everyone,

Happy to announce the Portland Hyatt Centric finally got an in-house restaurant, staffed by Hyatt, and curated by a Michelin Star chef. The have a bar going from 4PM-10PM ish. They'll start having dinner soon, hopefully by Sunday of this week.

I had their breakfast today, and had their vegetarian squash hash with Kale, and it was decent. Best that I can remember: Continental breakfast, Buckwheat pancakes, breakfast hash, and couple more items. The breakfast came with four small sides: fried potatoes, overnight oat like dish, yogurt with granola, and another fruit in yogurt dish. Their house made hot sauce is delicious.
which proves that this is definitely not more than a rumor.

[RUMOR] 2023 Globalist breakfast devaluations (replaced w/ points)
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:44 am

Keep your eyes on this gem

Michelin star chef delivers amazing gastronomy for breakfast. Dinner debuts 3/6.

The continental breakfast. Is more like an intercontinental breakfast. Amaranth grains, Ambrosia salad, yoghurt parfait, and more joined by Portland roasters coffee. Great team. All the best. Thank you.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:22 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Looks good. Sad that the prior restaurant had to shut down. They offered the best Hyatt breakfast I have had in the US... Spanish breakfast torta was fantastic.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:36 pm
formerly wchinchen

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Looks good. Sad that the prior restaurant had to shut down. They offered the best Hyatt breakfast I have had in the US... Spanish breakfast torta was fantastic.
Agree, the current place is not at the same level as the prior restaurant, Masia. The flavor profile of Masia was spot on, and the best breakfast burrito I ever had. I would recommend the Daily Feast, about a block away from the Hyatt Centric. They have excellent diner-style breakfast options, and a great group of staff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.