Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

add globalist guest at checkin and get benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

My wife (Discoverist) is planning work travel and to stay at a Hyatt in Seattle. Can she add me to the reservation at checkin time ? Also, I'm a globalist, when we checkin, can the globalist benefits be applied to the room ?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by computerguy
My wife (Discoverist) is planning work travel and to stay at a Hyatt in Seattle. Can she add me to the reservation at checkin time ? Also, I'm a globalist, when we checkin, can the globalist benefits be applied to the room ?

Thanks!
IMO, no. Benefits go to the person getting the credit. It’s a tough situation, if possible book and pay with her corporate card but book through your WOH account so your name is the main on the reservation.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I've done what you've described many times without issue. Spouse uses CC free night and as long as we checkin together, we get the Glob benefits like lounge access. But make sure you call Hyatt (888-994-9288) and update the reservation to include your name/member number.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I've done what you've described many times without issue. Spouse uses CC free night and as long as we checkin together, we get the Glob benefits like lounge access. But make sure you call Hyatt (888-994-9288) and update the reservation to include your name/member number.
Hmm...

Can I ask why your spouse wouldn’t just book the reservation under your name/member number in effect giving you the CC Free Night? That’s within the program limits and easy to do. I just can’t see why Hyatt would grant benefits to someone’s guest (in effect), spouse or not.

Maybe they did just end up transferring the reservation to your name when calling in? Just thinking out loud about how that’d go down.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
We have done this a couple of times with my wife traveling for work. At least with us, they put me as the primary guest at check-in, and the primary guest's benefits are applied. At checkout, they switched my wife back to the primary guest so that they could print the folio with her name.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
We have done this a couple of times with my wife traveling for work. At least with us, they put me as the primary guest at check-in, and the primary guest's benefits are applied. At checkout, they switched my wife back to the primary guest so that they could print the folio with her name.
wow! thank you so much for the reply, will definitely try this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Sounds like a decent hotel with well-trained, proactive staff. In other words, not a HP...
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Sounds like a decent hotel with well-trained, proactive staff. In other words, not a HP...
In fairness to HPs, the only Globalist benefit they need to worry too much about is late checkout.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
In fairness to HPs, the only Globalist benefit they need to worry too much about is late checkout.
Now 9am check-in as well, although you can handle that online before arrival.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Hmm...
Can I ask why your spouse wouldn’t just book the reservation under your name/member number in effect giving you the CC Free Night?
Because that's a no-go when booking via corporate travel desks. Mismatch of name/member number can also cause booking to fail.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Hmm...

Can I ask why your spouse wouldn’t just book the reservation under your name/member number in effect giving you the CC Free Night? That’s within the program limits and easy to do. I just can’t see why Hyatt would grant benefits to someone’s guest (in effect), spouse or not.

Maybe they did just end up transferring the reservation to your name when calling in? Just thinking out loud about how that’d go down.
The certificates (free nights) are non-transferable. It's not like using points.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:58 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The certificates (free nights) are non-transferable. It's not like using points.
I think in this situation, you can still use the FN with spouse's name and OP's benefits. But the night credit goes to spouse, or the person who paid for the room.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Hmm...

Yes you have to call in and add your name and member number to the reservation. The you will actually see that reservation in your reservation list.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedSun
I think in this situation, you can still use the FN with spouse's name and OP's benefits. But the night credit goes to spouse, or the person who paid for the room.
You can try but eventually it's up to the property if Globalist benefits are extended because the second guests status.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
At the Mar Monte in Santa Barbara now using my two Hyatt credit card nights. Per advice above I called my husband’s Globalist concierge months ago who added his name and number to the reservation. Reservation shows in his app and he received an email reminding him to check in. Even so the front desk is refusing to honor Globalist benefits. I guess we will just take it up with his concierge upon our return home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.