Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double Points Promo - 2/15 to 5/15 (after 2nd stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Print Wikipost

Double Points Promo - 2/15 to 5/15 (after 2nd stay)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I'm still here hoping to see a data point regarding points stays receiving a 1500 bonus for card holders. OMAAT blog definitively stated that this is supposed to be the case, but no one has confirmed from experience. In fact, one commenter received a 1500 bonus immediately for using a free night cert, but then did not get it for a points stay.

If not, this weekend I will be that data point. Considering switching to paying with cash, but it's pretty much at the tipping point where I don't mind going either way. Paying cash and earning the points would be better value, but ehhh, Im fine getting a free stay too.
My qualifying stay was on Friday night (cash, but I don't think that matters). Then, I had a 1 night stay booked on points Saturday night.

I got double points on my eligible spend (from room service), and 1500 bonus points for cardholders. (all points posted with stay credit at once).
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
My qualifying stay was on Friday night (cash, but I don't think that matters). Then, I had a 1 night stay booked on points Saturday night.

I got double points on my eligible spend (from room service), and 1500 bonus points for cardholders. (all points posted with stay credit at once).
Awesome thanks for the DP!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:26 pm

My qualifying stay was with points on a Saturday night. I then had a thu-sat stay the following week at hotel 1 that scored me double points and 1500 points, then a sat night stay the next night at hotel 2 that scored me double points and another 1500 points, then a sunday night stay at hotel 1 that scored me double points and another 1500 points. Not bad for a weekend haul
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:57 pm

Additional DP for points stays: Had a 5-night stay on points over the weekend and received double points on the incidental spend plus the 1500 point bonus for Chase.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:02 pm

Nice ! So it's a 1500 point rebate for points stays!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Nice ! So it's a 1500 point rebate for points stays!
That’s amazing since the FAQ says “may” exclude points. Appreciate the DP.

I thought also if I had a stay then billed $500-$1,000 in dining and spa to the room then paid with a Hyatt Gift card it wouldn’t earn double points due to it saying it “May” be an excluded payment method, but MHC says Hyatt GC’s will earn double points!

So good news for those of us who bought them during the 10% off promos.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Sorry...what is mhc??
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Sorry...what is mhc??
My Hyatt Concierge (Globalist Concierge).
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Ah..ok. I wish i'd known that sooner!!
Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Good stuff Hyatt

ZBigFam and 59Impala like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:33 pm

Follow up from contacting Twitter. As a recap, this was my scenario:

2/13 - 2/15 stay, $0, using one cat7 free night (Thurs + Fri)
2/15 - 2/16 stay, $0, using one cat4 free night (Sat)

Based on my interpretation of the T&C's, the FAQ's, and how previous promotions have worked, the first stay should have triggered the "first stay", and the second stay should have gotten the 1500 weekend points.

I just had another stay (using points) that I was waiting to see what would happen before reaching out. I ended up spending some money on food, and got the double points on that plus the 1500 bonus. With that working, I went ahead and reached out to twitter. Maybe I should have contacted my concierge, but he's been useless so far and twitter has been incredibly helpful. Until now.

The first response I received they stated that the free night award doesn't count for the promo and linked me the T&C's. I responded asking where it said that, because from what I saw, it only mentioned eligible stays, and the FAQ defined eligible stay as including free night awards. Silence for over an hour. Got a response from another person stating that the first stay doesn't earn a bonus (did they even look at my account?), after pointing out that my first stay checking out on 2/15 should have counted as the first stay. They responded that it wouldn't count since I checked out on 2/15, I didn't "stay" on 2/15. I guess they got pissed off at me quoting their T&C's back at them that they just gave me my 1500 points as a courtesy.

What an unpleasant experience... I don't think I was being rude. I always speak nicely and courteously with them, I just pushed a little bit as they kept feeding me incorrect information. :/
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jdubbs

Based on my interpretation of the T&C's, the FAQ's, and how previous promotions have worked, the first stay should have triggered the "first stay", and the second stay should have gotten the 1500 weekend points.

I just had another stay (using points) that I was waiting to see what would happen before reaching out. I ended up spending some money on food, and got the double points on that plus the 1500 bonus. With that working, I went ahead and reached out to twitter. Maybe I should have contacted my concierge, but he's been useless so far and twitter has been incredibly helpful. Until now.

The first response I received they stated that the free night award doesn't count for the promo and linked me the T&C's. I responded asking where it said that, because from what I saw, it only mentioned eligible stays, and the FAQ defined eligible stay as including free night awards. Silence for over an hour. Got a response from another person stating that the first stay doesn't earn a bonus (did they even look at my account?), after pointing out that my first stay checking out on 2/15 should have counted as the first stay. They responded that it wouldn't count since I checked out on 2/15, I didn't "stay" on 2/15. I guess they got pissed off at me quoting their T&C's back at them that they just gave me my 1500 points as a courtesy.

What an unpleasant experience... I don't think I was being rude. I always speak nicely and courteously with them, I just pushed a little bit as they kept feeding me incorrect information. :/
Really strange situation. I’ll have to see if my points post. I registered on 2/14 then stayed 2/25- 2/27 on points, had another stay using (3) Cat 1-4 Certificates 2/27 - 3/1 which included weekend days for the 1,500 also had like $10 in spend at the cafe billed to room.

Hopefully the system works out for me. It’s usually taken 2 days to post Elite Nights and Points.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:08 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Jdubbs

Just that I understand correctly. Were the 2 stays above (bolded by me) at the same hotel? If yes, you would not receive points on the stay 2/15-2/16, as this will be considered a back-to-back stay at the same hotel, this would count as 1 stay. That has always been the case with any promotion or the "stay credit" during GP times..
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Winning:

Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Just that I understand correctly. Were the 2 stays above (bolded by me) at the same hotel? If yes, you would not receive points on the stay 2/15-2/16, as this will be considered a back-to-back stay at the same hotel, this would count as 1 stay. That has always been the case with any promotion or the "stay credit" during GP times..
Nope.

Different hotels. (Spending a cat 7 reward on a cat 4 hotel would be pretty stupid, lol.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.