Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Club Lounges Slowly Disappearing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015

Has anyone else noticed that more and more HR do not offer a club lounge or is it just me? Was looking at a few places to vacation and saw a few HR that did not have CL. Then today I heard the HR I frequent the most is closing their CL. Also noticed a couple other HRs where the offerings have been reduced, but the lounge was not eliminated...yet...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by igoncrazy
Has anyone else noticed that more and more HR do not offer a club lounge or is it just me? Was looking at a few places to vacation and saw a few HR that did not have CL. Then today I heard the HR I frequent the most is closing their CL. Also noticed a couple other HRs where the offerings have been reduced, but the lounge was not eliminated...yet...

Many HRs just don’t have them. Not a standard “brand” feature. I haven’t noticed any surge in closings. To the contrary, many new builds are getting clubs: HR Seattle and HR Houston Galleria come to mind.

Which ones have recently closed?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Many HRs just don’t have them. Not a standard “brand” feature. I haven’t noticed any surge in closings. To the contrary, many new builds are getting clubs: HR Seattle and HR Houston Galleria come to mind.

Which ones have recently closed?
HR Houston Galleria has been open since 2015, not exactly “new”. Has their club offerings been reduced recently?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Although I agree that Hyatt could tighten up their brand standards so that all "Regencies" have a club and "Centrics" don't, I'm not aware of any HRs actively removing their club lounges. Simply the OP has come across a few of those that never had lounges.
59Impala and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Although I agree that Hyatt could tighten up their brand standards so that all "Regencies" have a club and "Centrics" don't, I'm not aware of any HRs actively removing their club lounges. Simply the OP has come across a few of those that never had lounges.
I haven't heard of any closing either - wish OP would tell us which ones he/she is thinking of that closed in the last year or so.... Some are seasonal like HR Lost Pines... and I know HR Lake Washington closed theirs over the holidays due to very low demand, but it's open again now.

Regardless, clearly Hyatt hasn't given up on Clubs as the one at the HR Seattle (and HR Lake Washington) and HR Portland are very impressive spaces where they spent a lot of $$ building/maintaining them in recent years...
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
HR in Birmingham, Alabama has recently closed their club lounge. However, it is the only one I've come across that has recently closed. Sounds like closing club lounge is not a trend (thankfully).
milesforhire likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:47 pm

HR Mission Bay in San Diego closed their club in the last year and a half. I believe people mostly considered that a good thing as breakfast in the restaurant was a major upgrade for globalists. I only stayed after the club closed and found Red Marlin breakfast to be really good. Wouldn't trade that for a club myself.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:02 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I haven't heard of any closing either - wish OP would tell us which ones he/she is thinking of that closed in the last year or so.... Some are seasonal like HR Lost Pines... and I know HR Lake Washington closed theirs over the holidays due to very low demand, but it's open again now.
To my knowledge HR Indian Wells closed. I remember that as I was not surprised based on the quality of the club. I think it is mentioned in the master thread.

And I agree, I do not think this is a general trend applying to HR’s.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:09 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Originally Posted by 59Impala
To my knowledge HR Indian Wells closed. I remember that as I was not surprised based on the quality of the club. I think it is mentioned in the master thread.

And I agree, I do not think this is a general trend applying to HR’s.
Yep, just found the post.... starting here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30597269-post299.html
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:58 am

. Some are seasonal like HR Lost Pines... and I know HR Lake Washington closed theirs over the holidays due to very low demand, but it's open again now.

Regardless, clearly Hyatt hasn't given up on Clubs as the one at the HR Seattle (and HR Lake Washington) and HR Portland are very impressive spaces where they spent a lot of $$ building/maintaining them in recent years...

i did just find out that lost pines closed their lounge permanently
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Docah
i did just find out that lost pines closed their lounge permanently
How did you find this out? I‘m not super surprised if true as the lounge was very underutilized last summer.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:27 pm

How did you find this out? I‘m not super surprised if true as the lounge was very underutilized last summer.
i called and asked when the reservation agent couldn’t apply my lounge award
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:36 pm

Another Hyatt Regency that closed its Regemcy Club a few years ago was Monterey, California. Another recent build that got a Regency Club was at LAX.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Docah
i called and asked when the reservation agent couldn’t apply my lounge award
When are you going?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:48 pm

When are you going?
going in April but was told that the lounge has been permanently closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.