Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt London River Thames at Nine Elms

Old Jan 24, 20, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

We've been hearing from top Hyatt folks for the past couple months that we could expect an announcement about Park Hyatt coming to London in the near future. And while there isn't an official announcement out just yet, it does look like the cat is out of the bag.

Whatever the opening date is, just add a couple years

https://www.thecaterer.com/news/park...d-hotel-london
Old Jan 24, 20, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
When's the cited opening date? The article is behind a paywall.
Old Jan 24, 20, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Where will it be located?
Old Jan 24, 20, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Where will it be located?
Just off Trafalgar Square.
Old Jan 25, 20, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
5 Strand, Charing Cross
Old Jan 25, 20, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
A welcome addition even just for footprint reasons.

The Churchill does treat me pretty well including some great upgrades over the years, but lack of a TSU true suite and the dated physical structure certainly leave me happy to consider other options.
Old Jan 25, 20, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Discovery Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Gold,
Originally Posted by callmedtop View Post
When's the cited opening date? The article is behind a paywall.
Planning permission to knock down the existing building and redevelop the site has not been given yet, so "a long way off (if ever)" is probably the most accurate answer right now.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 20, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
A welcome addition even just for footprint reasons.

The Churchill does treat me pretty well including some great upgrades over the years, but lack of a TSU true suite and the dated physical structure certainly leave me happy to consider other options.
I had a TSU true suite on my first trip there in Oct
Old Jan 25, 20, 4:22 pm

This is exciting news, London is one of the most popular city but Hyatt only have three hotels in the city center, any addition in London would be wonderful for Hyatt member, and Park Hyatt just feel so right in London, but deep down I know it gonna take many years. Hope Park Hyatt can get into Hong Kong, Rome, Singapore, maybe Cape Town lol.
Old Jan 25, 20, 7:46 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it needs planning permission (which will include eliminating a Boots and a bookstore), it is a long way off. In the meantime, the Great Scotland Yard is only a few minutes walk away and in a lot quieter neighborhood.
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 25, 20, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
I had a TSU true suite on my first trip there in Oct
The standard suite at the Churchill for TSU upgrades is the "Regency Suite King", which is not a true suite. The property can certainly upgrade guests further (and they certainly have IME), but that's the TSU suite.
Old Jan 26, 20, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
The standard suite at the Churchill for TSU upgrades is the "Regency Suite King", which is not a true suite. The property can certainly upgrade guests further (and they certainly have IME), but that's the TSU suite.
my suite had two rooms and a connecting door. The sitting room had a desk and a couch and a ton of space. And a half bathroom in the front. Pretty sure that is what I cleared into initially with no further upgrade.

Is that different than your definition of a suite?
Old Jan 26, 20, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
my suite had two rooms and a connecting door. The sitting room had a desk and a couch and a ton of space. And a half bathroom in the front. Pretty sure that is what I cleared into initially with no further upgrade.

Is that different than your definition of a suite?
Just go look at the website instead of pointlessly arguing about it here. https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/en...ll/lonch/rooms

About half the time I've applied a TSU at the Churchill, they've upgraded me further. They seem to treat regular guests pretty well.
Old Aug 22, 20, 1:13 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Any news on the other Park Hyatt currently under construction near the new US Embassy?
Old Aug 22, 20, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
Any news on the other Park Hyatt currently under construction near the new US Embassy?
This thread references the PH at 5 Strand. The One Nine Elms PH has been discussed in Upcoming Hyatt Properties (specifically post 1219) and in Park Hyatt in London? . In any case, no updates that I'm aware of.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: