Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Reef by CuisinArt SLH Anguilla - Any experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

This year we have to vacation in March due to a tight work schedule. I was naturally looking for some place warm close to the East Coast and so far we are planning on possibly combining a couple of nights at the Reef by CuisinArt on Anguilla with a couple of nights at the Zemi Beach House LXR Hotels and Resort (part of Hilton Group). Currently I have 2 award nights booked at the Reef and 5 nights booked at the Zemi. Anyone have any experiences with Reef by CuisinArt? It looks amazing just like the Zemi. Plan is to fly into SXM and take the ferry over. I was worried about staying too long at one resort so that is why I think splitting the stay between the two hotels is a good idea. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/an...uisinart/axayr

https://www.thereefbycuisinart.com/index.html
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:30 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I stayed at Zemi before it joined Hilton two years ago if you have any questions
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I stayed at Zemi before it joined Hilton two years ago if you have any questions
Thanks, Will send your a PM since it’s Hilton hotels related and I don’t want to hijack the thread to a Hilton discussion.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I have also bookmarked "The Reef" in Anguilla for a visit. Would love to hear feedback.
Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zip10001
I have also bookmarked "The Reef" in Anguilla for a visit. Would love to hear feedback.
Thanks
I will be able to post details in about a month.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Seriously, is this a resort hotel named after a blender? Is the focus slushy cocktails?
dpb132 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Seriously, is this a resort hotel named after a blender? Is the focus slushy cocktails?
CEO with $ that wants a house on Anguilla but can't due to laws so he builds a hotel instead:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammor.../#3a38ba422348

As an aside, there's also the Oetker Family from Germany that made it's money with baking supplies that now owns a collection of some of the nicest hotels in the world...and none of them have an oven in the rooms (well maybe in the suites):

https://www.oetkercollection.com/

Last edited by christianj; Feb 18, 2020 at 6:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.