Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Kothaifaru Maldives - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alila Kothaifaru Maldives - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Website currently shows April 14 opening date. Soft opening, limited facilities.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ma...maldives/mldal

"Kindly be informed that the hotel will open on April 14, 2022 with Beach Villas and limited dining facilities. An array of recreational services and amenities including water sports and marine excursions, selected spa treatments and kids’ club will be available as well.

Guests will be able to enjoy all-day dining at our main restaurant, Seasalt; refreshing cocktails and wine alongside light bites at Mirus Bar; comfort food beachside at Pibati; and private in-villa dining. For the latest dining options at our resort please click here.

Construction work will be in progress in limited areas of the resort and intermittent noise will be expected between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
Elleny76 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by wb2020
The OWVs look nice but man, the Beach Villas look gorgeous!
And Beach villas are significantly larger in size too.

Originally Posted by senyah
Was able to book 5 nights in the beach villa (Nov-22) for 150k this morning.
PH showing unavailable for points for the same window

44 beachfront villas
-6 Beach Villas
-11 Sunset Beach Villas
-27 Sunrise Beach Villas

and 36 overwater villas
-12 Lagoon Water Villas
-12 Sunrise Water Villas
-12 Sunset Water Villas

more deets and GM info here: https://www.alilahotels.com/document...eet%202022.pdf
Thanks for this info. Wonder if there's a map of the resort with the layout of all the villas. Would love to see that.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: WoH Globalist; AS MVP 75K; OW Emerald; AA Platinum Pro; HH Gold; MB Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
Wonder if there's a map of the resort with the layout of all the villas. Would love to see that.
Here is a low res picture of the layout taken from a much earlier post. Hope it helps!

friedablass and levelnine like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by aumarosa
Here is a low res picture of the layout taken from a much earlier post. Hope it helps!

Thank you. Hopefully once they open we'll be able to get something better and start a wiki going for this resort. I would like to try this resort some day.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:45 am

This probably is the insta profile of the GM - has a few Kothaifaru stories.
Looks promising if that is the beach, the reef, and the island next to the hotel etc...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...0727749/?hl=en
SecondCity likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:59 am

The domestic flight and speedboat transfer is significantly cheaper at $300 per person RT compared to the $600 on the seaplane for those who get in late.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by ocAndrew
The domestic flight and speedboat transfer is significantly cheaper at $300 per person RT compared to the $600 on the seaplane for those who get in late.
I think I might be confused, but are you saying there's a $300 r/t flight-to-speedboat transfer option for the Alila? (If so, any source links?) I thought the $600 seaplane transfer was compulsory, but another option would be welcome news.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
What hours does the speedboat run?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:36 pm

Seems like the speedboat runs anytime as they offered it as an option when I filled out the pre-arrival survey they send after booking. They attached a guest transportation information .pdf with the two options. You can also upgrade your sea plane to a private option for $7,050 or a "luxury" sea plane for $8,750. If you arrive after 3:30 PM, the domestic flight and speedboat is your only option.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:38 pm

Sorry, disregard it's $300 one-way for the speedboat so same price.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist; AS MVP 75K; OW Emerald; AA Platinum Pro; HH Gold; MB Gold
After senyah suggested looking at Instagram, I found these using the location tag. There were a variety of pictures but I felt these best supplemented the website photos.

Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:14 pm

Seems like the speedboat runs anytime as they offered it as an option when I filled out the pre-arrival survey they send after booking. They attached a guest transportation information .pdf with the two options. You can also upgrade your sea plane to a private option for $7,050 or a "luxury" sea plane for $8,750. If you arrive after 3:30 PM, the domestic flight and speedboat is your only option.
Do you mind sharing the survey and PDF if it does not contain any personal info?

Originally Posted by aumarosa
After senyah suggested looking at Instagram, I found these using the location tag. There were a variety of pictures but I felt these best supplemented the website photos.

On which side of this picture would be sunrise/sunset?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
On which side of this picture would be sunrise/sunset?
The sunrise is towards the end with the overwater villas. Sunset is towards the end of the island with the main infinity pool.

friedablass likes this.

Last edited by aumarosa; Mar 31, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:50 pm

Any updates on the property? I was expecting some bloggers or at least someone to have a review or write up from the opening weekend....but nothing. Even on instagram with the location tag there are no posts showing anything new..
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:11 am

They probably do not want the scrutiny when the overwater villas are not yet completed and there is active construction to detract from the experience, see the poorly received debut of the Ziva/Zilara Cap Cana for reference. I have a few days I would like to book in the middle of May en route to another resort in the Maldives, but am likewise waiting for more information, a reply from them regarding the availability of guest services, menus, etc., or an extension of their introductory rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.