Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Messed up. Big time. Sitting at 54 qualifying nights, need 60 for globalists..

Messed up. Big time. Sitting at 54 qualifying nights, need 60 for globalists..

Old Dec 19, 19, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Note that the rule is that Globs get free parking (self or valet, both if both are offered) on any points stay or (Hyatt issued) free night stay at any Hyatt family brand, but we do not get free parking when we pay for the room with money.
I did note that at the bottom of my comment
Old Dec 19, 19, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Note that the rule is that Globs get free parking (self or valet, both if both are offered) on any points stay or (Hyatt issued) free night stay at any Hyatt family brand, but we do not get free parking when we pay for the room with money.
For what it's worth, the Hyall Place Dubai Al Rigga gives Globalists on paid stays free parking. It's valet only, at a cost of AED 15 (around $4). Ditto for the Hyatt Place Dubai/Jumeirah, which has valet for the same price as well as free self-park lot that fills up quickly.

(The Hyatt Place Dubai Baniyas Square offers no parking at all, which in that neighborhood is absurd. I won't return if I have a car.)
Old Dec 19, 19, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mecabq View Post
For what it's worth, the Hyall Place Dubai Al Rigga gives Globalists on paid stays free parking. It's valet only, at a cost of AED 15 (around $4). Ditto for the Hyatt Place Dubai/Jumeirah, which has valet for the same price as well as free self-park lot that fills up quickly.

(The Hyatt Place Dubai Baniyas Square offers no parking at all, which in that neighborhood is absurd. I won't return if I have a car.)
Yes, I know a couple Hyatts in the USA that tend to give Globs free parking (and otherwise charge for parking at the property) even though it's not a published benefit.
Old Dec 20, 19, 4:52 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mozart0815 View Post
The other Globalist worth it thread was me so this is a different OP.

By the way, I decided to take go for it with a mix of free points and paid nights, together with an extension of my business stays. One last night at a Hyatt Place tonight (which actually fits into my travel plans) and Iím officially Globalist.
Here's the other thread started by the OP ... Messed up. Big time. Sitting at 54 qualifying nights, need 60 for globalists..
Old Jan 1, 20, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SWCP
update to this post.

I spent 17k in december on my credit card, so it should net me the 5 nights needed.

BUT!! i logged on today and my NIGHTS counter reset?

i wonder if hyatt will indeed retro the nigths
Old Jan 1, 20, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
update to this post.

I spent 17k in december on my credit card, so it should net me the 5 nights needed.

I'm pretty sure they'll tie up loose ends like that correctly.
Old Jan 1, 20, 7:48 pm

update to this post.

As long as you login to Chase and the purchases actually posted to your Chase account by 12/31 (meaning the actual purchases were made by 12/29) Chase and Hyatt will retro them as soon as your next statement cuts. Definitely evidenced in last year.

The very small and only downside to this is you donít enjoy Globalist for those few early days in January. Other than that youíre guaranteed them based on past years as well as the T&C of the card.
Old Jan 3, 20, 2:58 pm

update to this post.

1st, welcome new glob. you will enjoy it.

2nd, thats how it always works. whats important is you keep detailed records of 2019 and save it just in case you have posting issues. see my response below.

also, just be careful of your chase spend 17k in one month. unless its all legit and its typical spend profile for you, chase will notice. you dont want to risk shutdown for ramping up spend too quickly. this is a very common n00b mistake and chase always dislikes "A rapid increase in revolving balance". if you suddenly see a random chase HP, be very cautious.

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
As long as you login to Chase and the purchases actually posted to your Chase account by 12/31 (meaning the actual purchases were made by 12/29) Chase and Hyatt will retro them as soon as your next statement cuts. Definitely evidenced in last year.

The very small and only downside to this is you don’t enjoy Globalist for those few early days in January. Other than that you’re guaranteed them based on past years as well as the T&C of the card.
1) correct. all spend on the new chase hyatt goes by post date and it doesnt matter when the statement cuts. this has been established multiple times. all 2 night stay credit retro post for Dec 31st spend even if statement cuts in Jan.

2) and this is exactly why any status lasts until end of FEB every year to make room for late postings. but as you had mentioned, since OP is only an explorist, he wont be able to enjoy glob benefits ASAP in 2020.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 3, 20 at 3:08 pm
Old Jan 3, 20, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01 View Post
1st, welcome new glob. you will enjoy it.

2nd, thats how it always works. whats important is you keep detailed records of 2019 and save it just in case you have posting issues. see my response below.

also, just be careful of your chase spend 17k in one month. unless its all legit and its typical spend profile for you, chase will notice. you dont want to risk shutdown for ramping up spend too quickly.

1) all spend on the new chase hyatt goes by post date and it doesnt matter when the statement cuts. this has been established multiple times. all 2 night stay credit retro post for Dec spend even if statement cuts in Jan.

2) and this is exactly why any status lasts until end of FEB every year to make room for late postings. but as you mentioned, since OP is explorist, he wont be able to enjoy glob benefits ASAP in 2020.
Isn't that literally everything I had said?

As long as the post date is by 12/31 (meaning within December) its good. Knowing Chaseís system it takes 2 days to post so the actual purchase would need to be made by 12/29 to post by 12/31. Any purchase made on 12/30 or after posts as January.
Old Jan 3, 20, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Isn't that literally everything I had said?

As long as the post date is by 12/31 (meaning within December) its good. Knowing Chaseís system it takes 2 days to post so the actual purchase would need to be made by 12/29 to post by 12/31. Any purchase made on 12/30 or after posts as January.
yes. i was confirming and agreeing with your post.
Old Jan 4, 20, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SWCP
Updating. Thanks to everyone who replied.

globalist status did show up this morning In my account

safe travels
Old Jan 4, 20, 4:53 pm

Programs: United
congrats!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: