Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Messed up. Big time. Sitting at 54 qualifying nights, need 60 for globalists..

Messed up. Big time. Sitting at 54 qualifying nights, need 60 for globalists..

Old Dec 9, 19, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Ask Chase to change your credit card closing date to Dec. 31.
OP canít as Chase only allows it to the 28th as all months have the 28th, while all do not have a 31st.
Old Dec 10, 19, 6:14 am
formerly smoaky

Check and see if you qualify for the double elite nights for the unbound collection. Some nice options in Miami and New Orleans of you can do it (and you qualify - not all seem to).
Old Dec 10, 19, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
IMO you'd be completely nuts not to get 6 more nights for Globalist, unless you literally will not stay in a Hyatt next year. Best hotel status available to the general public by far. As someone said, the free cat 7 night alone is probably worth at least $300.

Is there not a cat 1 near you? Only 5K points a night, or triple points on a cash stay if you registered a couple months back.

Change your CC statement drop date to the 20th so something so you do not have this problem next year.
TrojanDomer and luvFclass like this.
Old Dec 10, 19, 9:14 am

it was definitely established at the end of 2018 that the Chase WOH Visa $5000 spend for 2 elite nights is 100% based upon the actual Chase posting date for the spend that ticks you over the next $5000 threshold.

the way that this was implemented was that Chase notified WOH just after the Jan Chase statement date & WOH back-dated the elite nights into the prior year with a Dec 31 posting date in your WOH past activity detail.

ergo, all $5000 thresholds hit based upon Chase WOH Visa Dec 2019 posted spend will count as 2019 WOH elite nights. statement date is ultimately irrelevant.
TrojanDomer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 19, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin View Post
it was definitely established at the end of 2018 that the Chase WOH Visa $5000 spend for 2 elite nights is 100% based upon the actual Chase posting date for the spend that ticks you over the next $5000 threshold.

the way that this was implemented was that Chase notified WOH just after the Jan Chase statement date & WOH back-dated the elite nights into the prior year with a Dec 31 posting date in your WOH past activity detail.

ergo, all $5000 thresholds hit based upon Chase WOH Visa Dec 2019 posted spend will count as 2019 WOH elite nights. statement date is ultimately irrelevant.
The problem is that you cannot stake really important things like this on Chase being 100% consistent. Check the WN forum for all kinds of craziness around posting dates, changed dates, extra unexpected statements, delays, what happens with fraud, double posts in error by merchants with refunds, returns, etc. This on top of incorrect info given out by reps.

On something worth potentially thousands of dollars, I'd never trust Chase computers/procedures/reps 100%.
TrojanDomer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 19, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
OP canít as Chase only allows it to the 28th as all months have the 28th, while all do not have a 31st.

Good point. Then the easy solution is to change it to December 28th so the spend counts this year.
Old Dec 10, 19, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
Thank you. Thank you

it should be quite doable with Xmas gifts
Hmmm 30k in xmas gifts - can i get on your list? I ve been very nice this year
Old Dec 11, 19, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Hmmm 30k in xmas gifts - can i get on your list? I ve been very nice this year
It's only 15k, and he said doable as perhaps he already has 10k+ in regular spending...but yes I thought the same thing. Happy to accept a gift if it helps get over the finish line!
Old Dec 11, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
6 nights at a HP 5k level somewhere should do the trick just fine.
bbbb likes this.
Old Dec 11, 19, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
The problem is that you cannot stake really important things like this on Chase being 100% consistent. Check the WN forum for all kinds of craziness around posting dates, changed dates, extra unexpected statements, delays, what happens with fraud, double posts in error by merchants with refunds, returns, etc. This on top of incorrect info given out by reps.

On something worth potentially thousands of dollars, I'd never trust Chase computers/procedures/reps 100%.
that's beyond cray advice, to needlessly blow $500 or so on dummy stays when the calendar year matter was definitely established last year.
Old Dec 11, 19, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that's beyond cray advice, to needlessly blow $500 or so on dummy stays when the calendar year matter was definitely established last year.
Merry Christmas to you as well.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Dec 11, 19, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Unless I have something in writing from Chase that pinpoints exactly this situation then nothing has been established. All we know is it worked liked that the last time around. No guarantees for the future.

$500 +/- (more like $300 for 6 nights) is a fairly small sum to ensure the status is guaranteed, Can always put the CC spend on another card with a better bonus opportunity.
Old Dec 11, 19, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Unless I have something in writing from Chase that pinpoints exactly this situation then nothing has been established. All we know is it worked liked that the last time around. No guarantees for the future.

$500 +/- (more like $300 for 6 nights) is a fairly small sum to ensure the status is guaranteed, Can always put the CC spend on another card with a better bonus opportunity.
so odd for some people to try to inject uncertainty where there is none.
Old Dec 13, 19, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Yeah, some of us have noticed over the last 20+ years that things change in this hobby.
TrojanDomer likes this.
Old Dec 16, 19, 1:21 am

Well I just spent 10k on WOH CC, my next statement wonít be until January Iíll definitely post back as a Datapoint if they post them to 2020 and then backdate them automatically or what happens.

In my case Iím hoping EQN post and stay in 2020, but the terms are against me along with DP from last year.

We will see!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: