Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Got a follow up call from my concierge today to confirm that I was NOT targeted She claimed that the decision was by AA, not Hyatt.

It's a shame. I would have actually flown AA quite a bit next year since it seems like they're finally (kind of) getting their act back together after a summer of consistently delayed flights. With just Platinum on AA next year, I don't think I'll be flying them much, if at all.

Last edited by UAflyer93; Dec 12, 2019 at 12:30 am
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:55 pm

How does the targeting even work
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It seems that they are offering it to people who don't fly AA much (if at all), just to drive some marginal revenue into the program.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
If you're going to pay for F on TPAC, why do you care about status? For the extra RDMs? I can't see any other reason, and those RDMs aren't worth a lot to someone paying for F TPAC.
For me, there are many flights passing through HKG where F simply isn't an available option. Absent of status, regardless of whatever J fare, one can't access the F lounges. Of course, while the F lounge experience isn't imperative, it is important when I have to shower or use facilities, where I'd prefer it to be the nicest and cleanest possible. Oh, and a sit down dinner where you order always feels more civilized than a buffet, in my view.

Regarding the matching, I share your experience. I still remember being matched to Hyatt Diamond with a single tweet! LOL. I still recall sensing some resentment from those Diamonds on here who earned it with actual stays, but that's understandable. While I have no idea if the cost of acquisition for me has been worth it, but I have more or less ditched SPG/MAR completely, and shifted about 40 or 50 (I don't count MLife, since I doubt Hyatt gets anything from my activities there) paid stays to Hyatt properties annually.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Those of you whom received / accepted the invite, is the upgraded status reflecting in your AA account yet?
No. I was told 2 weeks or so, so I am expecting by year end.

Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone heard either way on whether this offer includes SWUs?
I was told it included 4 SWUs. Multiple others have confirmed the same.
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
I was told it included 4 SWUs. Multiple others have confirmed the same.
This is awesome, if true! Fantastic for TPACs.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by solewalker
It seems that they are offering it to people who don't fly AA much (if at all), just to drive some marginal revenue into the program.
That might be the case for me. I'm based out of SEA and fly mostly AS and DL. When I got the offer yesterday, I did look at routing options on AA, but none of the flight times made sense. I'll maybe have a few flights on them this year, but it would be a backup option.

If nothing else, the supposed 4 SWUs would be nice....as well as the crossover points earn. With my Hyatt stays, I'm sure I'll be able to build up enough AA miles for at least a flight or two. Nothing insane, but still nice.

I'll end the year with 87 nights and just over 70k base points. I think another key part of this is that you had to already have linked your AA and Hyatt accounts together. I did that a few months back.

Last edited by jtmann05; Dec 12, 2019 at 8:34 am
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Hyatt
146 nights, 54K base points and I sent an email to my concierge and I was denied. I fly Southwest almost exclusively. Hyatt offers no almost no benefit to booking with them past the 110 night per year threshold.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rael
146 nights, 54K base points and I sent an email to my concierge and I was denied. I fly Southwest almost exclusively. Hyatt offers no almost no benefit to booking with them past the 110 night per year threshold.
You weren’t denied by Hyatt.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:53 am

A little OT and a bit of "goofing" around. As to the question, is it Hyatt or AA's list?

1. Joe - no idea who this guy is, but he seems good natured, mellow (on some threads, this guy shows a measure of patience that I can only dream of aspiring to) and really knows the ins and outs of the program. I mean, this dude knows answers off the top of his head, and they're on the mark!

2. Kacee - Again, no idea who he is, but he seems to be measured, very good at reasoning and reads everything in sight, including T&Cs. It's a compliment; reading is a good thing and wish I can do more of it.

3. often1 - no idea who this dude is, but he seems to just "know" stuff that seems very astute & nuanced, kind of like "inside baseball" stuff.

If those 3 three posit it's AA's list, I'd have to agree.

PS - *tongue in cheek* - if I excluded anyone, it's only because I haven't read...er...scanned your posts often enough on which to make any comments.

Last edited by Visconti; Dec 12, 2019 at 8:59 am Reason: PS...
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I e-mailed in, was asked to call, and was told I was on the list.

58k base points
94 nights
Used plat challenge and took 6 flights?
Never had AA status, have flown on paid AA J tickets a bunch.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Emailed my Hyatt Concierge 2 days ago and still haven't heard back from her. Perhaps I should call American.
I have yet to have a response from her on anything and was switched to her last June. Oh well. I still love Hyatt.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rael
So, this is the event that lured you out of a 2.5 year lurk. Congratulations on your first post!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jtmann05
That might be the case for me. I'm based out of SEA and fly mostly AS and DL. When I got the offer yesterday, I did look at routing options on AA, but none of the flight times made sense. I'll maybe have a few flights on them this year, but it would be a backup option.

If nothing else, the supposed 4 SWUs would be nice....as well as the crossover points earn. With my Hyatt stays, I'm sure I'll be able to build up enough AA miles for at least a flight or two. Nothing insane, but still nice.

I'll end the year with 87 nights and just over 70k base points. I think another key part of this is that you had to already have linked your AA and Hyatt accounts together. I did that a few months back.
In the US, my most common flight is SEA-LAX-SEA. That's one easy upgrade to clear even with no EQD. Small bird, though.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just got a call upgrading me to exp. While I do have an account with them, the only time I tried to use AA my flight was cancelled and rebooked for 3 days later I cancelled and flew UA.

I have never set foot on AA metal, though I have shopped my way into about 70k miles. They must have had a good shopping portal years ago, and I used it thinking the miles might come in handy one day. I've been keeping them alive for at least 10 years

I may just give them a try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.