Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:15 am

Emailed my rep and she told me to call her to discuss it. Irritating since I'm traveling. Just add the status! Or tell me you can't if I'm not eligible (which would be irritating). Now I have to try and time a phone call from another continent.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by antonius66
Emailed my rep and she told me to call her to discuss it. Irritating since I'm traveling. Just add the status! Or tell me you can't if I'm not eligible (which would be irritating). Now I have to try and time a phone call from another continent.
Sounds like AA/Hyatt don't want to leave any paper trail about this offer for one reason or the other.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Sounds like AA/Hyatt don't want to leave any paper trail about this offer for one reason or the other.
On this, I completely empathize. These days, I will only discuss business over the phone, and emails/texts go through lawyers. I got burned by email/text once, and it will never happen again.

PS - for important business, it would only be on a landline.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If it's worth getting, it's worth the phone call.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Received the call yesterday evening from my most excellent Hyatt concierge. My travel patterns don't allow for achieving Executive Platinum by normal means so this is a much welcome development. I had already achieved regular Platinum on AA and have 62 Hyatt nights so far, have been Diamond or equivalent for roughly the last 10 years.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Was targeted as well - did not receive a call, but a quick call to my concierge confirmed this. Same "14 days to take effect". Some data points:

- New AA account this year - previously credited all my OneWorld flying to BA.
- Linked my AA and Hyatt accounts when partnership was announced
- Registered for the Platinum challenge in June, and ended up with Gold for the year as the result of that
- Was offered another Platinum challenge in September for an additional 3 months of status, signed up again, but only had a couple flights since
- 70+ nights to date, roughly half are awards or CC nights
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
1. Offered EXP through 1/31/21.I emailed my concierge once I saw this thread. Will take 12-14 days to reflect in my account.
2. Signed up for Platinum challenge in September but will only complete one flight.
3. Never more than Gold. One award flight on AA this year.
4. Completed 71 nights YTD for Globalist. One year away from Lifetime Globalist
Needless to say a pleasant surprise
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:34 am

My concierge did the same thing and I thought it was good news then she just said I wasn't eligible and that I should talk to American. I'm a bit upset honestly.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I emailed mine and she called and left a message on the voicemail. Anyway, had a nice chat and WAS offered status.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Another data point. I called in and was eligible for the offer.
  • Former EXP for ~4 years before switching to Alaska a couple years ago. Since then, 3-6 flights a year credited to AA.
  • Registered for partnership when it was announced. Participated in 2 status trials this year and took under 10k miles in each.
  • 75+ nights with Hyatt this year, maybe 20 from credit card.
  • Diamond/Globalist for close to a decade.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
I emailed my concierge this morning, and she just called me back (and said they could only discuss via phone). She said this is a targeted offer by AA (but doesn't know the criteria), and that I am not eligible. My data points:

1. Globalist with 68 nights
2. Linked my Hyatt and AA accounts when partnership was announced
3. Obtained AA Gold with 2 trips and $9,600 in spend

Very disappointing, as my data points appear similar to some of those that were targeted above. Oh well...

Last edited by laxsnaogg; Dec 10, 2019 at 12:53 pm
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
I emailed my concierge this morning, and she just called me back (and said they could only discuss via phone). She said this is a targeted offer by AA (but doesn't know the criteria), and that I am not eligible. My data points:

Very disappointing, as my data points appear similar to some of those that were targeted above. Oh well...
Yep am right there with you, super annoying
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:52 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Got missed call from my Concierge yesterday, I called her back today and got the offer. I have not had a revenue flight with AA for many years and when I did I credited to Qatar Airways anyway so they would probably have known it was me.

For 2020 my top tier status with QR is dropping off, so the timing for EXP with AA is perfect for me. I am also *A gold so for sure this "gift" means I will shift some flights to AA at the expense of United or others in Star Alliance.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was also just gifted EXP through Jan '21.

Location - Wisconsin
Hyatt Status - Globalist (87 nights to date - 48K points)
AA Status - Gold (from Hyatt challenge. It happened to line up with a few already booked flights. Challenge ends this week and I was going to be $15 short of Platinum)
Concierge Relationship - email about once a month, but usually just go through twitter.
Linked AA with Hyatt accounts in 2019 - Yes
Registered with the AA status challenge in 2019 - Yes

Honestly, I was really happy to get Gold for the ability to pick seats and get some fees waived. I'd considered doing a mileage run to get the last little EQD to get Platinum for next year since I've already had a few upgrades clear and it was awesome to pick a free "MCE" seat on a 789 that was actually Premium Econ last week (CUN - ORD). So I was pretty happy when I got a call from my concierge with the offer .
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg

I don't believe that AA has much to do with the selection other than giving Hyatt a certain amount of EXP to give away.

I use a foreign address in a country AA doesn't even fly to (TH). AA doesn't have access to Hyatt's Globalist database apart from those of us who liked their accounts and like somewhere in the fine print agreed to some data sharing. Already burned my AA Platinum but didn't qualify, Lifetime Gold. No reason really for AA to actively target me for EXP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.