Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Old Jan 30, 20, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Forgot to report back I made the second pass actually, found out a couple weeks ago. So maybe they are expanding it a bit?

Might have lost some elites over the past couple years given how they've sunk to a distinct 3rd among the Big 3
Lucky you I missed all the passes....
Old Jan 30, 20, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
Lucky you I missed all the passes....
to be fair I was a semi HVF for AA for four years so I am a desirable win back candidate
Old Jan 30, 20, 6:10 pm

to be fair I was a semi HVF for AA for four years so I am a desirable win back candidate
I don't think it matters. I have about 3-4 lifetime trips on AA and I made the first pass. As for Hyatt, I am a decent customer but not that good. I wouldn't qualify for globalist on base pts, for example (last year I was ~75k) and I'm under 200k base pts lifetime. If they assigned cash value to points in some reasonable way and gave base pts on point stays, I would have probably been right around 100k or so. So, I'm probably a mid-level globalist at best.
Old Jan 30, 20, 6:24 pm

I asked my concierge and she said nope that was a one time offer...
Old Jan 30, 20, 6:39 pm

Define HVF, pls.
Old Jan 30, 20, 7:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
I asked my concierge and she said nope that was a one time offer...
I asked today 1/30 and got the same answer. One time offer for a small number of Elites. I was hoping to get it, but since Im employed by AAG, I figured they wouldnt give it to me!
Old Jan 30, 20, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B View Post
Define HVF, pls.
When I partially ditched UA due to the Smisekization of the airline, sent all my premium cabin fares to AA. $80K or so during that time. High CPM.
Old Feb 3, 20, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The selection is done by Hyatt and not AA so I doubt any previous life flying/spend history is coming into play here.

Since I haven't used eVIPs for years: Do they require a minimum fare class now? Need to burn these 4 certs while they're hot. I read somewhere you can now use them on Jal too!?
Old Feb 3, 20, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
The selection is done by Hyatt and not AA so I doubt any previous life flying/spend history is coming into play here.

Since I haven't used eVIPs for years: Do they require a minimum fare class now? Need to burn these 4 certs while they're hot. I read somewhere you can now use them on Jal too!?
FAQ: What's a Systemwide Upgrade / SWU / eVIP / VIP? (Master thread)

I think "no" on minimum fare (other than, "not basic econ") and "no" on JAL, but that wiki and thread will answer all your questions and then some.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
There's no way the selection is being done purely by Hyatt. It's not a coincidence that no current but expiring ExPlats seem to have gotten the offer.
Old Feb 3, 20, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Platinum Elite | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred Plus
Status finally came through after all. 4 eVIPS also deposited.
I believe mine came through on the 27th with the SWUs the following day.
Old Feb 3, 20, 4:11 pm

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
There's no way the selection is being done purely by Hyatt. It's not a coincidence that no current but expiring ExPlats seem to have gotten the offer.
I don't have proof, but it sure seems like selection is being done entirely by Hyatt.

I asked my concierge twice if I could get the Ex Plat. She replied by email that selection already took place and sorry if I don't like the way Hyatt is doing business ... which was an odd response.

I called my concierge for something unrelated and got a different agent since mine wasn't available. She let me know there were still AA Ex Plat nominations available (I didn't ask) and offered it to me. I was skeptical but said yes please. About 3 calendar weeks later I was granted Ex Plat and 4 SWUs.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jgsx View Post
I don't have proof, but it sure seems like selection is being done entirely by Hyatt.

I asked my concierge twice if I could get the Ex Plat. She replied by email that selection already took place and sorry if I don't like the way Hyatt is doing business ... which was an odd response.

I called my concierge for something unrelated and got a different agent since mine wasn't available. She let me know there were still AA Ex Plat nominations available (I didn't ask) and offered it to me. I was skeptical but said yes please. About 3 calendar weeks later I was granted Ex Plat and 4 SWUs.
Why would your own concierge want to disappoint you if there were ExPlat slots available? Maybe some people in the first batch turned it down and then Hyatt redistributed those.
Old Feb 3, 20, 4:20 pm

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Why would your own concierge want to disappoint you if there were ExPlat slots available? Maybe some people in the first batch turned it down and then Hyatt redistributed those.
Right, which is consistent with the selection being up to Hyatt.
Old Feb 3, 20, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jgsx View Post
Right, which is consistent with the selection being up to Hyatt.
Except for the part where no expiring ExPlats have apparently managed to score the offer. I suppose Hyatt could have incorrectly assumed that anyone who already had ExPlat wouldn't need it, but that's obviously wrong, and per reports here, some such people have called in to try and been shot down.

Search this Thread