Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offered AA Executive Platinum (targeted for 2019 Globalists)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by westlaker
4 SWU posted this morning!
Same! Honestly, I was a little skeptical that about these--seemed too good to be true!
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
Same! Honestly, I was a little skeptical that about these--seemed too good to be true!
ditto. Mine posted as well. And I’ve got my first confirmed upgrades on a 5k web special from New England to Florida. 10k and $120 in 500-mile upgrade certificates is a pretty fantastic deal for two F tickets to FL. VERY excited for my EXP over the next 13.5 months.
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm starting to think they're giving it to anyone who asks.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by ZapperO
VERY excited for my EXP over the next 13.5 months.
Having to endure through that incredibly ill-advised Gold passport to WOH transition, this gift certainly balances the books, in my view. Not to seem even more openly mercenary than I already am, but even warming up to the puerile "Globalist" monicker. Well, at least I cringe less when it's used.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
4 Systemwide Upgrades posted

My 4 Systemwide upgrades posted this morning!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Not in Europe... Here they even didnt know what I was talking about... :-(
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Has anyone gotten this as a globalist lite or from a status match? Curious if that was a factor
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Call and ask! Seems to be the best course of action. Good Luck!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I also believe this.
Its like each concierge was told to gift EP to best clients and they have a certain number to hand out at their best discretion, without too much input from AA.
This was probably agreed on mutually from AA and Hyatt when partnership was announced earlier this year. AA immediately gave Globalist to CK, and now Hyatt is using up their Quota before the end of year.
I would guess the number of CK is higher than the number of Hyatt's Invitation only program, so that's why we are getting it.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I also believe this.
Its like each concierge was told to gift EP to best clients and they have a certain number to hand out at their best discretion, without too much input from AA.
This was probably agreed on mutually from AA and Hyatt when partnership was announced earlier this year. AA immediately gave Globalist to CK, and now Hyatt is using up their Quota before the end of year.
I would guess the number of CK is higher than the number of Hyatt's Invitation only program, so that's why we are getting it.
This isn’t at the concierges’ discretion, given the reports here. It also doesn’t make sense that Hyatt would have sat on this for six months. I have to imagine there are some Globalists who spent $5,000 on the AA challenge who aren’t thrilled this is being given to people who didn’t spend a dime.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:47 am

Pure speculation here.

With the cross benefits and partnership, AA must have a list of all Globs. They could then review the associated AA files of these Globs and evaluate their future value vs. granting ExecPlat. This is a case where an unknown flyer with uncertain future value would be preferable to an existing one with limited, or worse, negative value. Said list then goes to Hyatt, where AA proposes either of the following: 1) here's our list, you can pick X; 2) guys, our challenge isn't working out as well as we thought, here's a list of X, grant them status; 3) combination thereof.

Just as AA would know little of the hotel business, I'm sure they likely feel the Hyatt folks would have limited experience with the airline business. For instance, from AA's perspective, what would be the point of gifting ExePlat to those Globs who are captives in their hubs? These guys have no choice anyway, why give them anything? Matter of fact, you should gouge these folks and charge them a premium. Now, LA & SF, maybe Seattle, is a different story, with the intense competition, AS breakup and potential lucrative TPAC routes. It costs AA absolutely nothing when TPAC flyers realize OWE perks. For example, in SE Asia/HKG, carriers like CX will pick up the tab, while AA gets the good will and peripheral business. Brilliant.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
Pure speculation here.

With the cross benefits and partnership, AA must have a list of all Globs. They could then review the associated AA files of these Globs and evaluate their future value vs. granting ExecPlat. This is a case where an unknown flyer with uncertain future value would be preferable to an existing one with limited, or worse, negative value. Said list then goes to Hyatt, where AA proposes either of the following: 1) here's our list, you can pick X; 2) guys, our challenge isn't working out as well as we thought, here's a list of X, grant them status; 3) combination thereof.

Just as AA would know little of the hotel business, I'm sure they likely feel the Hyatt folks would have limited experience with the airline business. For instance, from AA's perspective, what would be the point of gifting ExePlat to those Globs who are captives in their hubs? These guys have no choice anyway, why give them anything? Matter of fact, you should gouge these folks and charge them a premium. Now, LA & SF, maybe Seattle, is a different story, with the intense competition, AS breakup and potential lucrative TPAC routes. It costs AA absolutely nothing when TPAC flyers realize OWE perks. For example, in SE Asia/HKG, carriers like CX will pick up the tab, while AA gets the good will and peripheral business. Brilliant.
what??? if a aa owe uses a cx lounge in asia flying y on cx, aa is paying cx. vice versa if a cx owe is using an aa lounge flying Y on aa.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
what??? if a aa owe uses a cx lounge in asia flying y on cx, aa is paying cx. vice versa if a cx owe is using an aa lounge flying Y on aa.
Oh, wow, really? Had no idea. Now, I suppose, I should be more thankful to my concierge and AA's generosity and less sympathy for CX.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Good on you!

Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
My concierge called me and offered AA EXP. Sounded like they're targeting Globalists who have their AA # on file through the Hyatt/AA Partnership.
Good on you!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No one has had their status upgraded since Friday, right?

I mean, I'm not checking every ten minutes or anything. More like 15.
Markie and soartoday like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.