Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Priority Access Benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

Looking through the Globalist Benefits I came across this benefit.

While I realize this benefit might be common sense for most, I couldn’t find much information on it.

Does this mean you could potentially check in at 10am (assuming the room type booked is clean and available)?

This benefit is exclusive ron Globalists so I would hope it’s something special.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I've checked into Hyatts at 6:00 am. If they have a room, they're usually happy to give it to you.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I've checked into Hyatts at 6:00 am. If they have a room, they're usually happy to give it to you.
Wow, that’s amazing.

Was it a US property?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I had some bite back doing this at the GH Incheon Front desk one time but eventually they relented. The EAM Rooms said it would be no problem and they would be glad to do it.

I'll be checking in at 10am at GH Erawan tomorrow and I expect they'll be accomodating.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Wow, that’s amazing.

Was it a US property?
I've checked in well before noon (and as early as 7am) at probably a dozen properties in the US through the years.

If the hotel is near capacity the night before, don't expect it to happen, but my experience is that normally a hotel will give you a room if there is one clean and available.
cmx likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I've checked in well before noon (and as early as 7am) at probably a dozen properties in the US through the years.

If the hotel is near capacity the night before, don't expect it to happen, but my experience is that normally a hotel will give you a room if there is one clean and available.
I have had similar experiences in the US as well. I’ve also had luck with international properties if they have rooms available. PH Sydney comes to mind. It wasn’t 7am but it was probably around 9am. Most recent for me in the US was a 7am check in at HR Houston.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyInORD; Dec 5, 2019 at 10:41 am
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
I double checked and the terms and conditions say not valid before 9am. This matches with my recent experience at GH Chengdu. I checked in at 7am (wasn't counting on this option, but happy it was available, instead of just dropping off suitcase before heading to work).
They offered an upgraded room (Suite) available and were happy to check me in, but they added a charge of 1/2 a nightly rate to the account, which seemed more than fair.
It was totally worth it after a 15 hour flight from SFO, but still something to be prepared for. I was able to grab breakfast at check-in with no issues though which was a nice perk.

This benefit is not available and may not be exercised before 9:00 a.m. local time at the applicable Hyatt hotel or resort.

Last edited by TrojanDomer; Dec 5, 2019 at 8:40 am
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some countries like Italy, the tradition is to be silly about this and pretend that all rooms become suddenly clean simuntaneously exactly at the official check in time. Until them, everyone is made to wait. I will never return to such properties.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In some countries like Italy, the tradition is to be silly about this and pretend that all rooms become suddenly clean simuntaneously exactly at the official check in time. Until them, everyone is made to wait. I will never return to such properties.
Japan can be like this too in Japanese brand hotels. I've never had to wait at a Hyatt there though. I appreciate when properties go above and beyond the 9am requirement and let me in earlier. I would also book the night before if the flight comes in after 12am. No way, would I expect to be checked in that early. Globalist or not.

Last edited by Aventine; Dec 5, 2019 at 8:28 am
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Right, I certainly didn't expect the 6:00 am check-in, and I would never try before that time. As I recall, I was simply hoping to leave my bags while I went for breakfast, and they told me they had a room available.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:24 am

On several occasions, I've been offered check in at around 8'ish in the morning? Generally, I'll just that while I don't expect my room to be ready, if I can just leave my luggage until it is ready. Usually, they'll ask me to have some breakfast/coffee at the lounge while they check. More often than not, at least in Asia, they'll have a room within the hour or so.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
Japan can be like this too in Japanese brand hotels. I've never had to wait at a Hyatt there though. I appreciate when properties go above and beyond the 9am requirement and let me in earlier. I would also book the night before if the flight comes in after 12am. No way, would I expect to be checked in that early. Globalist or not.
My personal sense of what's fair if I want early access to my room would be to pay for the previous night for a 3 am arrival but probably not for a 6-8 am arrival, although I would have no expectation of early access either and would be very happy if instead offered a beverage or an invitation to use the lounge while waiting. My informal line is that if I would be going to bed very late I should pay but if the night for sleeping is basically over so that I would use the room for a shower or at most a nap, if I'm willing to take the risk of the room not being available, then not paying for the previous night is fine. I can't imagine having the nerve to show up at 1-2 am and asking for a room without paying the full rate for the previous night.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

All very useful information and much appreciated.

I definitely wouldn’t have the nerve to show up at 5am or earlier. If I was staying for 5 nights and needed to I may show up at 7am in hopes of the room being ready, but earlier than that is pretty hard to swing.

Overall I think for me showing up between 9am and noon is very beneficial.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I can't imagine having the nerve to show up at 1-2 am and asking for a room without paying the full rate for the previous night.
The only place where I've done the is in Vegas, but certainly can't imagine doing it anywhere else.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Visconti
The only place where I've done the is in Vegas, but certainly can't imagine doing it anywhere else.
Really? I would have thought in Vegas that they'd see your desperation (and/or alcohol flowing through your system) and DOUBLE the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.