Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Redemption chart: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

To view the award calendar for any Hyatt property, go to the Hyatt global map and search for, click on, or zoom in on the property or region of interest. In the alternative, start the booking process; once you've narrowed the selection to an individual property, you should see a link to the points calendar directly beneath the link to the hotel website. Note that calendars do not indicate (un)availability on any given date.
  • Hyatt appears to have updated its systems to display calendar links for nearly all properties. (Immediately after rollout, coverage was notably incomplete.) If for some reason the property you're interested in does not have a points calendar link, use a URL of the form https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/rate-calendar?spiritCode=XYZZY, where XYZZY is the hotel's five-letter code. (Codes are shown in the URL for the Hyatt property listing; for example, the Tokyo Andaz is "tyoaz.") Once in the calendar, you can navigate to view additional months. h/t to Neric for flagging this shortcut.
Not all hotels and resorts offer redemption of suite awards; please contact the Hyatt Global Care Center or visit a hotel or resort's property page on hyatt.com for details on whether suite award accommodations are available at that hotel or resort. Properties that do not offer suite awards are referred to collectively in these Terms as the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties," and include, without limitation:
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Park Hyatt Sydney
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort (Canada)
Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Hôtel du Louvre
Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment (DPs provided by concierges show this is a non-participating property a/o Nov 2023) DP here
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa FL
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami FL
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hyatt Rosemont (IL)
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Chicago Athletic Association (IL)
Hotel Revival Baltimore Maryland
Hyatt Herald Square New York
The Grayson New York
Park South New York
Thompson Seattle
Thompson Hollywood (Los Angeles CA)
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA
Hotel Avatar Santa Clara, CA
Ventana Campground, Big Sur CA
Waterfront Hotel Oakland CA
The Laurel Inn San Francisco CA
Hotel Kabuki San Francisco CA
Alila Manggis
Studios at Alila Sminyak
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Taihu Suzhou
Episode Hsinchu
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Dreams Aventuras
Dreams Royal Beach
Now Emerald Cancun
AluaSoul Alcudia Bay
AluaSoul Menorca
Alua Leo
AluaSun Far Menorca
AluaSun Mediterráneo
AluaSun Cala Antena
Alua Boccaccio
AluaSun Lago Park
AluaSun Doblemar
and ALL Caption by Hyatt, or Hyatt Place hotels or resorts or any Destination by Hyatt Residences property, except as otherwise expressly set forth in the
Destination by Hyatt Residence Award Terms.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I think we're probably both right and just have different stay patterns. You earn 6 total points per $ for Marriott stays on Marriott card and 4 total points per dollar for Hyatt stays on Hyatt card. So I earn 10.5 points per dollar on hotel stays with Hyatt (4 from CC, 6.5 from globalist status) and 23.5 on hotel stays with Marriott (6 from CC and 17.5 from titanium status). I also had the 25K bonus for $25K spend on my SPG amex, so I was earning 3 Marriott points per $ all last year on non-bonus spend vs. 1x Hyatt points on non-bonus spend.

Plus there are a ton of high-end Bonvoy resorts that still offer outsized value to me that is difficult to replicate with Hyatt. I'm worried this might change with Marriott now allowing capacity restrictions at legacy SPG properties, so those crazy redemptions may be difficult to grab going forward, but I've had no issues booking $1000+/night rooms for 65-80K points/night at St. Regis Deer Valley, Bal Harbour, Ritz Grand Cayman, St. Regis Aspen, Phoenician Residences, and St. Regis New York during peak travel times.

I usually find myself using Hyatt points for 1-2 night stays in major US cities or for lower-end properties since Hyatt offers more consistent value and using Marriott points for longer vacations and foreign travel because of the higher number of aspirational properties. I've never calculated it out exactly, but I would say my cents per point on Marriott redemptions is only slightly lower than on Hyatt redemptions despite the roughly double earning rates. Those averages are skewed by some ridiculously priced ski hotels and holiday stays at high-end resorts, but I have a pretty good argument that my return with Marriott is higher than with Hyatt, even though both programs certainly have their strengths and Marriott is doing it's best to slowly chip away at many of its former strengths.
St Regis DV as I recall was always 75-105k (using 3-1 spg conversion), and now 85-100k, which is still a great deal with $1500 nights.

2 considerations I had with this are from my POV/ travel patterns-

Missing in the H vs M award stay comparisons is the huge additional savings in having the resort fee & parking waived, along with free breakfast in the restaurant for Hyatts with no club. At the Park hyatt Beaver creek, that is close to $200 day (not paying tax on resort fee/parking / breakfast factored as well).

if you use the Chase Sapphire card, you get 3 points for travel charges, that can convert to 3 Hyatt or 3 Marriott points, no brainer here.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Wish this was implanted today 3/1. I have several options that would’ve definitely been “off peak”.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Hyatt is delaying peak/off-peak award pricing to 2021.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

@Moderators Please change title to 2021
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:27 am

Wonder if they are still doing the category adjustments. I have a stay booked that is scheduled to go down for September.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Wonder if they are still doing the category adjustments. I have a stay booked that is scheduled to go down for September.
Hyatt’s award category changes set to go into effect this month are also postponed until next year except for five hotels.
  • Park Hyatt Mallorca drops from category 6 to category 5
  • Hyatt Centric Park City increases from category 6 to category 7
  • Park Hyatt Shenzhen increases from category 4 to category 5
  • Alila Yangshuo increases from category 4 to category 5
  • Park Hyatt Ningbo increases from category 3 to category 4
https://viewfromthewing.com/hyatt-of...medium=twitter
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:46 am

Well the Mallorca hotel was where I was going, so...excellent.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:00 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by cvseuy
Hyatt is delaying peak/off-peak award pricing to 2021.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

@Moderators Please change title to 2021
Originally Posted by dannygberg
Hyatt’s award category changes set to go into effect this month are also postponed until next year except for five hotels.
  • Park Hyatt Mallorca drops from category 6 to category 5
  • Hyatt Centric Park City increases from category 6 to category 7
  • Park Hyatt Shenzhen increases from category 4 to category 5
  • Alila Yangshuo increases from category 4 to category 5
  • Park Hyatt Ningbo increases from category 3 to category 4
https://viewfromthewing.com/hyatt-of...medium=twitter
Hyatt clearly did the right thing. Other hotel Chains like Marriott should follow suit the same way.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:39 am

Actually kind of disappointed about this since some of the hotels that I enjoy were dropping categories, but I obviously understand.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BobJohnson
Actually kind of disappointed about this since some of the hotels that I enjoy were dropping categories, but I obviously understand.
Really bummed about this. Booked a Cat 2 Property which was dropping to Cat 1 for dates that would’ve been considered “off peak”.

So I was expecting to pay 3,500 points per night on a 6 night stay now I’m paying 8,000 points per night.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I had a few stays that were dropping a category .
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedSun
Hyatt clearly did the right thing. Other hotel Chains like Marriott should follow suit the same way.
Marriott, be proactive and do the right thing? LOL...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Marriott, be proactive and do the right thing? LOL...
Why is this funny?

I urged Marriott to extend the reward nights for another year in the morning. Then in the afternoon, Marriott sent email on the positive changes. So I knew Marriott had to do something. Of course, it had nothing to do with me. But I knew this is coming.... Marriott may have to do another extension.

I just do now think we can go back to normal in a couple of months. This summer can be wasted.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedSun
Why is this funny?
Funny if you think Marriott will be a leader in anything positive these days...if every other hotel program makes a positive change, maybe then they will follow (as we just saw)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Funny if you think Marriott will be a leader in anything positive these days...if every other hotel program makes a positive change, maybe then they will follow (as we just saw)
I do not care who the leader is. As long as they make positive changes and benefit us travelers...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:13 pm

The email from Hyatt make it seem like only the peak and off peak postponed. So the category ups and downs are still a go?

Postponing Award Chart Changes:

We are postponing the introduction of Off-Peak and Peak point redemption (originally planned for March 22, 2020) until 2021. This means that free-night redemptions will continue to be at standard rates for the rest of this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.