Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Redemption chart: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

To view the award calendar for any Hyatt property, go to the Hyatt global map and search for, click on, or zoom in on the property or region of interest. In the alternative, start the booking process; once you've narrowed the selection to an individual property, you should see a link to the points calendar directly beneath the link to the hotel website. Note that calendars do not indicate (un)availability on any given date.
  • Hyatt appears to have updated its systems to display calendar links for nearly all properties. (Immediately after rollout, coverage was notably incomplete.) If for some reason the property you're interested in does not have a points calendar link, use a URL of the form https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/rate-calendar?spiritCode=XYZZY, where XYZZY is the hotel's five-letter code. (Codes are shown in the URL for the Hyatt property listing; for example, the Tokyo Andaz is "tyoaz.") Once in the calendar, you can navigate to view additional months. h/t to Neric for flagging this shortcut.
Not all hotels and resorts offer redemption of suite awards; please contact the Hyatt Global Care Center or visit a hotel or resort's property page on hyatt.com for details on whether suite award accommodations are available at that hotel or resort. Properties that do not offer suite awards are referred to collectively in these Terms as the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties," and include, without limitation:
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Park Hyatt Sydney
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort (Canada)
Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Hôtel du Louvre
Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment (DPs provided by concierges show this is a non-participating property a/o Nov 2023) DP here
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa FL
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami FL
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hyatt Rosemont (IL)
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Chicago Athletic Association (IL)
Hotel Revival Baltimore Maryland
Hyatt Herald Square New York
The Grayson New York
Park South New York
Thompson Seattle
Thompson Hollywood (Los Angeles CA)
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA
Hotel Avatar Santa Clara, CA
Ventana Campground, Big Sur CA
Waterfront Hotel Oakland CA
The Laurel Inn San Francisco CA
Hotel Kabuki San Francisco CA
Alila Manggis
Studios at Alila Sminyak
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Taihu Suzhou
Episode Hsinchu
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Dreams Aventuras
Dreams Royal Beach
Now Emerald Cancun
AluaSoul Alcudia Bay
AluaSoul Menorca
Alua Leo
AluaSun Far Menorca
AluaSun Mediterráneo
AluaSun Cala Antena
Alua Boccaccio
AluaSun Lago Park
AluaSun Doblemar
and ALL Caption by Hyatt, or Hyatt Place hotels or resorts or any Destination by Hyatt Residences property, except as otherwise expressly set forth in the
Destination by Hyatt Residence Award Terms.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I know this will be beneficial for Chicago Properties which from December through March have really low cash rates, but still are Category 3-6 properties. I’ve seen Thompson Chicago at $90, even though it’s a Category 4. With the new system I’m guessing it would be a 10k redemption during those periods?

(1,500 less per category up to 5,000 total) That’s my understanding.
No, the variation was just how the guy describing the changes was summing up the overall changes to the award chart. But there is a fixed chart, so you can see every situation for each category. I can't remember off the top of my head the actual number, but it is not a +/- of 5k at the cat 4 level. Cat 5 is only +/- 3k as someone mentioned a few posts above.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can you think of any locations that would be 3500 near the end of the year?
I'd guess the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. Unless they decide to go standard year round. There isn't really a peak season for Tulsa.
Long Train Runnin likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Anywhere in the US midwest
Need a city that will be easy to get to. Does Chicago have any?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
No, the variation was just how the guy describing the changes was summing up the overall changes to the award chart. But there is a fixed chart, so you can see every situation for each category. I can't remember off the top of my head the actual number, but it is not a +/- of 5k at the cat 4 level. Cat 5 is only +/- 3k as someone mentioned a few posts above.
Ah, so 12k for a Cat 4 and 9k for a Cat 3. Definitely a better valuation on Cat 3 properties. As far as Cat 4 I was hoping it would be 10-11k redemption. If a Cat 4 Property is $90 if you redeem 12k points for it you’re only get 0.75 cents per point valuation which is terrible still. An improvement of course, but still a bad deal.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Have a two fold question...1) is this PH a good deal for Chase UR transfer to Hyatt at 30k pts per night? Cash rate for my dates in next March seems to be 1250 AUD per nt. 2) it seems I can only book a room with 2 adults and one child on pts....but I have two kids. Can you not get a room on pts for a family of 4? Can a rollaway be brought in?

Thx!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can you think of any locations that would be 3500 near the end of the year?
There are a bunch of Chicagoland cat 1s. Away from ORD, I could see that as off-peak. Maybe not. Guess we have to wait.

Thinking for example of the Hyatt Lisle (IL). In a business area, so it's full during the week and empty on the weekend unless they have a wedding or event.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Have a two fold question...1) is this PH a good deal for Chase UR transfer to Hyatt at 30k pts per night? Cash rate for my dates in next March seems to be 1250 AUD per nt. 2) it seems I can only book a room with 2 adults and one child on pts....but I have two kids. Can you not get a room on pts for a family of 4? Can a rollaway be brought in?

Thx!
Which PH?

Depending on the age of the 2nd child you may not need to add them in if they’re 3 and under they’re considered an “infant”. I’ve read this in other threads and it’s been confirmed.

Also,

30k UR which the Cash Value is $300 for an $850 per night stay is an amazing deal.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Sorry posted above in wrong forum....redirected to PH Sydney forum
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I can easily think of cases where Peak should be property-specific, such as Fashion Week at the PHV Paris or NYE at the PH Sydney. In fact, more generally NYE pricing should reasonably be higher for properties and even room categories with good views of the fireworks.
I can think of a lot of peak times in Korea such as the summer vacation period, Korean Thanksgiving and New Years.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:55 pm

What happens to trimming ressies

After march 20?
I assume christmas & new years will be considered peak. I have week long stays booked for next year. But wont have air available to book prior.
Will I need to book awards in one night increments to protect pricing?
Just wondering
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Until I was 45, I was kid-less, and we traveled when other people's kids were in school. For five years with kids, we traveled when other people's kids were in school.

Now, we travel when everyone else travels, and that is going to be peak Hyatt times for warm-weather beach vacations regardless of the time of year.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
It will be interesting to see how Hyatt sets the peak nights. Marriott sometimes sets peak for weekend and not peak for weekday at resort properties. Will Hyatt do that too? Maybe hotels with mostly business guests will be peak weekdays, and off-peak on weekends. Hopefully the peak periods will be seasonal, or to account for special events and holidays instead.

It's a concern that a lot of properties might have peak/off-peak during the same week, so it would be hard to redeem points for multiple free nights the same week at non-peak rates.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably a deval to some extent but i'll give hyatt benefit of the doubt - they've been maintaining program integrity fairly well both from point value and loyalty recognition (especially relative to marriott hilton etc)...
UA-NYC and Biggie Fries like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:29 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by skj
It's in the FAQs on this page https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ml#free-nights, the link is just below the Miraval Resorts table
Thanks! indeed could hardly identify the FAQ as a link.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by azepine00
Probably a deval to some extent but i'll give hyatt benefit of the doubt - they've been maintaining program integrity fairly well both from point value and loyalty recognition (especially relative to marriott hilton etc)...
Agree with this sentiment. I'm guessing mild devaluation for people who are limited to travel during peak times only, but likely a boon to those of us who are flexible. It'll be great to have a calendar function!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.