Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Redemption chart: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

To view the award calendar for any Hyatt property, go to the Hyatt global map and search for, click on, or zoom in on the property or region of interest. In the alternative, start the booking process; once you've narrowed the selection to an individual property, you should see a link to the points calendar directly beneath the link to the hotel website. Note that calendars do not indicate (un)availability on any given date.
  • Hyatt appears to have updated its systems to display calendar links for nearly all properties. (Immediately after rollout, coverage was notably incomplete.) If for some reason the property you're interested in does not have a points calendar link, use a URL of the form https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/rate-calendar?spiritCode=XYZZY, where XYZZY is the hotel's five-letter code. (Codes are shown in the URL for the Hyatt property listing; for example, the Tokyo Andaz is "tyoaz.") Once in the calendar, you can navigate to view additional months. h/t to Neric for flagging this shortcut.
Not all hotels and resorts offer redemption of suite awards; please contact the Hyatt Global Care Center or visit a hotel or resort's property page on hyatt.com for details on whether suite award accommodations are available at that hotel or resort. Properties that do not offer suite awards are referred to collectively in these Terms as the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties," and include, without limitation:
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Park Hyatt Sydney
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort (Canada)
Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Hôtel du Louvre
Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment (DPs provided by concierges show this is a non-participating property a/o Nov 2023) DP here
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa FL
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami FL
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hyatt Rosemont (IL)
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Chicago Athletic Association (IL)
Hotel Revival Baltimore Maryland
Hyatt Herald Square New York
The Grayson New York
Park South New York
Thompson Seattle
Thompson Hollywood (Los Angeles CA)
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA
Hotel Avatar Santa Clara, CA
Ventana Campground, Big Sur CA
Waterfront Hotel Oakland CA
The Laurel Inn San Francisco CA
Hotel Kabuki San Francisco CA
Alila Manggis
Studios at Alila Sminyak
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Taihu Suzhou
Episode Hsinchu
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Dreams Aventuras
Dreams Royal Beach
Now Emerald Cancun
AluaSoul Alcudia Bay
AluaSoul Menorca
Alua Leo
AluaSun Far Menorca
AluaSun Mediterráneo
AluaSun Cala Antena
Alua Boccaccio
AluaSun Lago Park
AluaSun Doblemar
and ALL Caption by Hyatt, or Hyatt Place hotels or resorts or any Destination by Hyatt Residences property, except as otherwise expressly set forth in the
Destination by Hyatt Residence Award Terms.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
. It'll be great to have a calendar function!
I wonder how that’ll work out.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Colin
could lead to some category adjustments downward.

for instance, HR Lake Tahoe was bumped to Cat6 25K/n because of ~$500/n rates only during summer while rates are $150/n during spring & fall.

new Cat5 17K/n offpeak feels proper during low season with Cat 23K/n for summer.
In theory, this would make complete sense, but in practice I see very little chance of this happening.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
There are a bunch of Chicagoland cat 1s. Away from ORD, I could see that as off-peak. Maybe not. Guess we have to wait.

Thinking for example of the Hyatt Lisle (IL). In a business area, so it's full during the week and empty on the weekend unless they have a wedding or event.
Not sure which blog I saw it one, but one suggested that off-peak/standard/peak dates were to be set by geographical region and not by individual property. So if Chicagoland is off-peak, it'll be off-peak at every property.

Unfortunately, I can't find the reference for this info at the moment.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT, but does anyone know what happened to Jeff Zidell and what he's doing now?
I was wondering the same recently when I came across his Introducing WoH post here. Two new jobs, actually.

RoomItby CWT: http://news.mycwt.com/pressreleases/...tments-2937995

... and adjunct professor

https://business.wvu.edu/news-and-ev...tality-program

Ahhh, the good old days... now back to your regularly scheduled deval programming.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:12 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I am surprised that most people in this thread see the negative part and continuously consider this a devaluation. There is also a positive aspect!

From what I can say right now... I will most probably benefit from these changes as my wife and I tend to travel off season anyway avoiding all the crowds.

So let me start a call this change a major elevation or improvment of WoH.
Gioventu likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I am surprised that most people in this thread see the negative part and continuously consider this a devaluation. There is also a positive aspect!

From what I can say right now... I will most probably benefit from these changes as my wife and I tend to travel off season anyway avoiding all the crowds.

A lot of us have been through changes like this before and they basically never work out well for the consumer overall, and usually the potential bright spots dim pretty quickly after execution.
notquiteaff and ZBigFam like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I'd guess the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. Unless they decide to go standard year round. There isn't really a peak season for Tulsa.
Maybe the HP Jacksonville Airport also?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Can you think of any locations that would be 3500 near the end of the year?
Cat 1’s in Chicago.

Cat 1’s in Dallas and Houston
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala

I agree. I always schedule vacation for off-peak times anyway. I do my best to avoid tourists and kids. This could work out well for those of us that can be a little more flexible with dates. I'm looking forward to some long weekends in European PHs for 25k.
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Dgosche
I agree. I always schedule vacation for off-peak times anyway. I do my best to avoid tourists and kids. This could work out well for those of us that can be a little more flexible with dates. I'm looking forward to some long weekends in European PHs for 25k.
I believe it’s more of a deval than it is beneficial.

I feel like there will be many less “off peak” dates than there are “peak” dates for most properties in the Hyatt Portfolio. Now if they said they must designate equal numbers of “peak” and “off peak” dates that would be fair and definitely a good thing.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Time will tell, but typically these types of changes to peak vs non peak in all the years I've traveled it only got worse.

I wonder if suite UG certs will be harder now to use...
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I believe it’s more of a deval than it is beneficial.

I feel like there will be many less “off peak” dates than there are “peak” dates for most properties in the Hyatt Portfolio. Now if they said they must designate equal numbers of “peak” and “off peak” dates that would be fair and definitely a good thing.
I agree with you. From what I gather, Hyatt will have a hands off approach to regulating this. If true, hotels will probably abuse this. After all, everyone wants to maximize their profits and minimize costs right?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I agree with you. From what I gather, Hyatt will have a hands off approach to regulating this. If true, hotels will probably abuse this. After all, everyone wants to maximize their profits and minimize costs right?
The word is it will not be hands off at all. Hyatt corporate will decide peak vs off-peak for entire regions, hotels won’t get to set this themselves.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by synzero
The word is it will not be hands off at all. Hyatt corporate will decide peak vs off-peak for entire regions, hotels won’t get to set this themselves.
Maybe I misread it then. If what you say is true, then that would be great.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Maybe I misread it then. If what you say is true, then that would be great.
I doubt that it would be great for anyone but Hyatt itself. Hyatt has way more interest in capping its redemption-related expenses than the properties (which are hosting guests on points stays) do in capping Hyatt’s redemption-related expenses, and this means Hyatt will be doing itself a favor at the expense of its loyalty program customers and at the expense of most of its affiliated properties.
notquiteaff and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.