Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Redemption chart: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

To view the award calendar for any Hyatt property, go to the Hyatt global map and search for, click on, or zoom in on the property or region of interest. In the alternative, start the booking process; once you've narrowed the selection to an individual property, you should see a link to the points calendar directly beneath the link to the hotel website. Note that calendars do not indicate (un)availability on any given date.
  • Hyatt appears to have updated its systems to display calendar links for nearly all properties. (Immediately after rollout, coverage was notably incomplete.) If for some reason the property you're interested in does not have a points calendar link, use a URL of the form https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/rate-calendar?spiritCode=XYZZY, where XYZZY is the hotel's five-letter code. (Codes are shown in the URL for the Hyatt property listing; for example, the Tokyo Andaz is "tyoaz.") Once in the calendar, you can navigate to view additional months. h/t to Neric for flagging this shortcut.
Not all hotels and resorts offer redemption of suite awards; please contact the Hyatt Global Care Center or visit a hotel or resort's property page on hyatt.com for details on whether suite award accommodations are available at that hotel or resort. Properties that do not offer suite awards are referred to collectively in these Terms as the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties," and include, without limitation:
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Park Hyatt Sydney
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort (Canada)
Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Hôtel du Louvre
Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment (DPs provided by concierges show this is a non-participating property a/o Nov 2023) DP here
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa FL
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami FL
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hyatt Rosemont (IL)
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Chicago Athletic Association (IL)
Hotel Revival Baltimore Maryland
Hyatt Herald Square New York
The Grayson New York
Park South New York
Thompson Seattle
Thompson Hollywood (Los Angeles CA)
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA
Hotel Avatar Santa Clara, CA
Ventana Campground, Big Sur CA
Waterfront Hotel Oakland CA
The Laurel Inn San Francisco CA
Hotel Kabuki San Francisco CA
Alila Manggis
Studios at Alila Sminyak
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Taihu Suzhou
Episode Hsinchu
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Dreams Aventuras
Dreams Royal Beach
Now Emerald Cancun
AluaSoul Alcudia Bay
AluaSoul Menorca
Alua Leo
AluaSun Far Menorca
AluaSun Mediterráneo
AluaSun Cala Antena
Alua Boccaccio
AluaSun Lago Park
AluaSun Doblemar
and ALL Caption by Hyatt, or Hyatt Place hotels or resorts or any Destination by Hyatt Residences property, except as otherwise expressly set forth in the
Destination by Hyatt Residence Award Terms.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
This is good news. I assume most rates will be off peak when this gets kicked off in Oct and in a way make us feel better about the program vs. introduce this just before high season.
Brendan and cfabar1 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
SHLTP, Andy's principle still does apply! If the points-price of your room night(s) decreases for ANY reason(s), you will get a refund of the difference between what you paid vs. the new lower points-price.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
SHLTP, Andy's principle still does apply! If the points-price of your room night(s) decreases for ANY reason(s), you will get a refund of the difference between what you paid vs. the new lower points-price.
<me googling in vain to figure out what "SHLTP" is an abbreviation for dot gif>
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have a few Globalist "Points-advance" bookings for next year - The email confirmation does not have the exact points/night listed other than saying "Standard Room Free Night Award" - Can these potentially move up to peak points pricing?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 11:26 am

Has Hyatt made clear whether cat 4 FNCs will be good for peak rates? I’d like to think it’s obvious the certs will work even for peak periods, but “obvious” and “works to the benefit of the loyalty program member” are increasingly non-overlapping.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Has Hyatt made clear whether cat 4 FNCs will be good for peak rates? I’d like to think it’s obvious the certs will work even for peak periods, but “obvious” and “works to the benefit of the loyalty program member” are increasingly non-overlapping.
early on hyatt said the cat 1 to 4 certs are not tied to point value rather category so peak and off peak will not be effected.
beltway likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by louisc
I have a few Globalist "Points-advance" bookings for next year - The email confirmation does not have the exact points/night listed other than saying "Standard Room Free Night Award" - Can these potentially move up to peak points pricing?
No -

They will cost less if they are off peak but not more if they are on peak.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by Matt4200
No -

They will cost less if they are off peak but not more if they are on peak.
This is NOT what I've been told (by multiple agents, including my concierge). They said that the only way to secure the original price in points on those held reservations is to fully pay for the room before the changes take effect. Off course, you'd still get back the difference if the price goes down.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Is there a way to convert a points advance booking to a standard points booking once I have the proper amount of points in my account?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by louisc
Is there a way to convert a points advance booking to a standard points booking once I have the proper amount of points in my account?
The system has swept them automatically multiple times - but if that doesn't happen just call it in
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:11 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
From the Account Summary email I received today ...

"Starting mid-October, you will see Off-peak and Peak award redemption for nights in March and beyond. So, lock down your bookings now and see what your points can unlock on your next adventure.​"
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by todorovic
This is NOT what I've been told (by multiple agents, including my concierge). They said that the only way to secure the original price in points on those held reservations is to fully pay for the room before the changes take effect. Off course, you'd still get back the difference if the price goes down.
What is the precedent with category changes and points advance reservations?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
What is the precedent with category changes and points advance reservations?
A possibly dumb question: since when does Hyatt have a Points Advance option? AFAIK that's just a Marriott thing.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A possibly dumb question: since when does Hyatt have a Points Advance option? AFAIK that's just a Marriott thing.
Don't know if it is an official benefit but Globalists are able to book without sufficient points.
Brendan, beltway and UA-NYC like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
<me googling in vain to figure out what "SHLTP" is an abbreviation for dot gif>
Shanghai LifeTime Platinum, for SPG LTP in Shanghai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.