Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Las Olas Ft. Lauderdale REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Las Olas Ft. Lauderdale REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:58 pm

Globalist stay one night last week when waiting for our AC to be repaired. Spring break, last minute booking, was just glad for a clean cool room and had hopes of am early check-in. Unfortunately, nothing was ready when we arrived at 11a, the clerk said she expected a balcony room to become available soon and that she'd call us. We went to lunch, ran a couple of errands, and finally called back to beg for the next available room of any type. Given a nice large oddly shaped room, was more than adequate. Charged something like $33 for valet parking, we didn't try to find anything more reasonable nearby.
​​​​​
They comped our breakfast food cost at Harborwood, something like $38. We tipped $8, and wrote Globalist beside it. When we checked out, they charged us $6 of that, mentioning that we'd tipped 'a little extra' in the restaurant. We did not protest - no way were we going to leave the server only getting 5% - but that felt really cheap.

Not a bad property, but I hopefully won't have any need for another local stay anytime soon. Don't think I'd book relatives there, either, at least during high season. Good location, though, and for the right price we'd stay there instead of ubering after a drunken night.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:33 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any more data points ?
Read quite a bit about issues on other review sites
poor housekeeping
yellow water to shower with
AC issues
and noisy rooms with bad outside sound proofing
Should I just stick with Marriott? Oddly the new Marriott AC hotel is less points than Hyatt
and looks beautiful & new
Hyatt what has happened to you?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Any more data points ?
Read quite a bit about issues on other review sites
poor housekeeping
yellow water to shower with
AC issues
and noisy rooms with bad outside sound proofing
Should I just stick with Marriott? Oddly the new Marriott AC hotel is less points than Hyatt
and looks beautiful & new
Hyatt what has happened to you?
We stayed one night prior to a cruise in December.

AC was fine, shower was fine, and the room furnishings seemed to be standard Hyatt Centric.

The balcony room was quite loud with random cars literally racing outside all night. I can confidently say as someone who lived for two years in a condo overlooking an expressway in Chicago that was LOUD. I also found it kind of corny that although their destination fee (which was waived as a globalist) includes "Two Centric Welcome Drinks", the coupons we got for those were limited to "absolut vodka and a mixer." I tried to give the coupons away in the elevator and nobody wanted them...

The breakfast was genuinely great, though, and I thought the service in the restaurant was quite nice (which is to say exceptional given South Florida standards).
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thank you it sounds like a nice hotel but if there isn’t a quiet side to the hotel I’d rather not stay
The new AC by Marriott is 3 days old and 6000 points less than the new over priced redemption rates @ Hyatt
I suppose it’s gamble with no reviews @ The AC however if its really bad I can always check out!
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
One of the nicer Hyatts I have stayed at in a while - especially when the tax-inclusive rate of $201 is taken into account - here are some details:
  • Upgraded the morning of to a King Centric Suite
  • Suite wasn't ready when I arrived at 1:30 PM - they told me it might not be ready until after 4 as another Globalist was occupying it - they offered me a Balcony room, but I told them I would wait - the suite ended up being ready at 2 PM
  • Centric Suite was a nice full suite - comfy, clean, and spacious
  • Bed was great and plush - though I don't understand the hatred of sheets - more and more Hyatts (starting with PHs) are omitting any sheets and just using a duvet - noticed this here, at PH DC, and at PH NY
  • Shower pressure was great - same system as Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport
  • Automated curtain shades were glitchy - learned from a friendly engineer that pulling them manually and gently will reset and engage the motors
  • Service was overall friendly, but a couple of misses - they couldn't seem to get my card to work in the machine at check-in (when they gave it to me, it worked fine), Housekeeping walked in my room without knocking (was very apologetic, though), and the check-out line was very long due to a group of three just standing at the desk trying to figure out their reservations
  • Given two vouchers for "secret menu" drinks - included a top-shelf margarita, espresso martini, and two other options I can't remember - think this is a Globalist thing
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • Breakfast had no given limit - my French toast and side of eggs was fine, but not my favorite (maybe I was full or maybe I ordered the wrong thing) - was wiped at checkout
  • I liked the Las Olas area - enjoyed both El Camino and Louie Bossi's down the road
I would definitely return after a night or two out by the beach.

Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
[*]Bed was great and plush - though I don't understand the hatred of sheets - more and more Hyatts (starting with PHs) are omitting any sheets and just using a duvet - noticed this here, at PH DC, and at PH NY
Did you call to request sheets?

David
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Did you call to request sheets?

David
Nah, I chose to enjoy the Park Hyatt bougieness :-)
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:06 pm
Original Member

Recently completed a 3 night "hurricane evacuation" stay, 1 night for cash and the other two nights with soon-to-expire Cat 1-4 certs. There were many, many animals on the property (I had my cat holed up in the room) and it was pretty crazy in the lobby/bar/restaurant with all the dogs around.

Positives:
- Valet was free for the two award nights, and the porters and valets were super quick and professional.
- Breakfast was excellent, although very slow (I'm not sure they were expecting such large crowds). Everything on the menu was comped.
- Location is ridiculous, so many walkable places nearby
- 4 pm checkout, waters, etc were all offered without asking

Negatives:
- soundproofing was not so good, you could hear neighbors and there were a lot of barking dogs
- no vouchers for drinks (as someone else had received) and happy hour at the bar has been discontinued (even though I saw it in recent advertisements). Drink prices were high but par for the neighborhood.
- I love hotel pools, but this one gets no direct sunlight, jammed in between buildings. I guess they felt the need to put one in anyway.
- once again, my Globalist room selection was awful. I was put in a 2 queen standard (my preference is high floor king), and since I checked in at 7 pm the first night, there was nothing else "available". The next morning, I saw that there was availability for upgraded rooms and the front desk and I went back and forth for a while as to how they allocate rooms and why I wasn't going to get one. They adamantly insisted that everything had already been allocated to the "4 other Globalists here" and that I am SOL, even though they were showing online availability for multiple room types. Ultimately, they offered me a "balcony king" which is 1/2 the size of a king deluxe and 1/3 the size of a suite and I took it. It was even smaller than the queen room, but it had the balcony. These room games are now happening in almost every one of my stays.

Last edited by Tino; Oct 1, 2022 at 12:14 pm
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, MGM Gold, IHG Plat
Stayed May 18-24, 2022 and loved our time at the Hyatt Centric Fort Lauderdale Las Olas! Used Points + Cat 4 Free Nights. Arrived late and still received an upgrade to a Centric Suite | King Bed as a Globalist. Hotel was very clean, modern, and well decorated. Suite and balcony were spacious with fridge, coffee, and Google Chromecast TV's. Free Breakfast per person at Harborwood Urban Kitchen included an entrée, side, and beverage, which was fantastic. Friendly staff. We also received 6 free drink tickets for a Absolut vodka drink per day. Free Tesla chauffeur within 2 miles was fun and was able to drop us close to Fort Lauderdale Beach, however we had to order Ubers back. Great location and walkable to many restaurants and bars. Recommend taking the LauderGO! Free Water Taxi for a cruise on the river around the area. Publix is walking distance for groceries.

Not many downsides, but probably the biggest is the pool area is a little small but still very nice. Would have been convenient if the Tesla could also pick you up. Room 901 Speakeasy was somewhat fun, but the experience felt slightly lacking. Would have been nice to have a microwave in the room to heat up leftovers.

Overall, we plan to come back in Spring 2023! Recommend for sure especially with Hyatt Benefits.

Last edited by BadRhymin; Dec 21, 2022 at 8:15 am Reason: Incorrect statement on breakfast experience.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by BadRhymin
Stayed May 18-24, 2022 and loved our time at the Hyatt Centric Fort Lauderdale Las Olas! Used Points + Cat 4 Free Nights. Arrived late and still received an upgrade to a Centric Suite | King Bed as a Globalist. Hotel was very clean, modern, and well decorated. Suite and balcony were spacious with fridge, coffee, and Google Chromecast TV's. Free Breakfast per person at Harborwood Urban Kitchen included an entrée, side, and beverage, which was fantastic, just had to pay tax and tip. Friendly staff. We also received 6 free drink tickets for a Absolut vodka drink per day. Free Tesla chauffeur within 2 miles was fun and was able to drop us close to Fort Lauderdale Beach, however we had to order Ubers back. Great location and walkable to many restaurants and bars. Recommend taking the LauderGO! Free Water Taxi for a cruise on the river around the area. Publix is walking distance for groceries.

Not many downsides, but probably the biggest is the pool area is a little small but still very nice. Would have been convenient if the Tesla could also pick you up. Room 901 Speakeasy was somewhat fun, but the experience felt slightly lacking. Would have been nice to have a microwave in the room to heat up leftovers.

Overall, we plan to come back in Spring 2023! Recommend for sure especially with Hyatt Benefits.
Isn't charging tax and tip for breakfast against the Terms and Conditions?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Yes, and imagine being excited about it. Lol
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, MGM Gold, IHG Plat
Good catch, remembered a portion of the tip and tax only applied when we ordered anything additional at breakfast as expected Post edited.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:02 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Had a one night stay here and was impressed. Upgraded in app to centric suite. Very nice room with balcony.
after a long TATL flight we had dinner in the hotel. Great quality of food and drinks.
had received a voucher for a free drink per person at the bar as a Globalist. Very tasty Margarita.

used valet parking with in and out priviledges for 36$.
self parking is 26$ overnight, but no in and out priviledges. .

breakfast was really good too, according to the T&C. Coffee, Juice and 1 entree. Would stay here again any time.

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 12, 2023 at 2:11 pm Reason: adding pics from smartphone
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Had a chance to stay here for one night pre-cruise. Made a full tour of the property as it existed in March this year. Overall, nice bones of the property, though some noise issues in the room. No real upgrade besides the view, but a nice looking room overall. Breakfast was downstairs and a nice little menu, though service was slow. Destination fee that isn't charged thankfully to Globalists includes two free drinks which is nice when it's free. Good location and walking to the Brightline station (which I detailed a bit about in the video too).

UA_Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.