Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Doha REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Doha REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:41 pm
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Thank you! I am sure you all of this will be smoothened out soon. All of this was quite normal for such a new hotel, in my opinion.

It was my impression that the guest only had limited control over the A/C. I actually switched it off completely and I could still hear the fan. I'm sure that if I had called, someone would have found a solution, but it wasn't that much a deal and I didn't want to have to deal with an engineer in the room for such a short stay (the front desk staff seemed almost a little too motivated, so I was afraid they would not understand that I didn't want to have somebody in the room, but rather send someone anyway to exceed my expectations ;-)).

Ah, good point. Actually, I think it would be even better to place a small sticker on the alarm clock. Then neither the guest nor the front desk agent can forget it.
We were really tired when we arrived and just wanted to get to our room as quickly as possible. I certainly would have declined a room tour, I even declined to be shown to the room.

Good idea and we will test it out, should be an easy fix.

I didn't have time to check it out myself (I'm not a big spa person), but per my girl-friend's testimonial, Florana must be doing an outstanding job!
She is a real expert, she was previously running a Cheval Blanc super VIP Spa in the Maledives.

When we checked in at about 6.30 AM, we asked about the breakfast and were told it would be served until 10.30 (if I recall correctly). I then asked at least twice if there is a club lounge or anything similar since we would be sleeping through the breakfast. Both times, the front desk agent welcomed us in a very friendly way to just have breakfast immediately. He clearly did not understand that we were full from the flight and were just asking in case we would be hungry later. Given my sleepiness, I then gave up and figured we'd just ask a colleague later. In the end, we just went out anyway and had dinner at a restaurant.
The agent was clearly very well-intentioned (almost seemed nervous to make a mistake) - to me these are normal issues when a hotel has just opened and staff members don't have enough experience yet.
I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't mentioned the snack box.

Oh sorry, now i understand, indeed something to keep in mind, in particular for those who just came off a long flight. We always can make arrangements for late breakfast in the afternoon, in the restaurant, lounge, or Room Service

I agree with that! :-)
See you next time..

Originally Posted by Stefan.Gaessler
Dear AbuCordoba, i have to be honest here, our pool is kind of semi-indoor / outdoor, the size is limited 4.5m * 5m, good to take some laps. So when you look for a real pool and nice beach experience, we could either arrange for complimentary access to the pool/beach of the Grand Hyatt Doha, which is about a 25 min taxi ride from us, approx QAR 40 or QAR 100 in a hotel limousine. Depending on the number of days you intend to stay in Doha and your plans, it might be even easier to stay at the Grand Hyatt Doha, instead of us - not to shy you away, yes, we do like kids, but we are more a business hotel with limited activities, whereby the Grand Hyatt has extensive out door gardens, pool and beach.

You can always direct mail me [email protected] and i would call to discuss in more details any of your queries.

Best,

Stefan
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Dear AbuCordoba, i have to be honest here, our pool is kind of semi-indoor / outdoor, the size is limited 4.5m * 5m, good to take some laps. So when you look for a real pool and nice beach experience, we could either arrange for complimentary access to the pool/beach of the Grand Hyatt Doha, which is about a 25 min taxi ride from us, approx QAR 40 or QAR 100 in a hotel limousine. Depending on the number of days you intend to stay in Doha and your plans, it might be even easier to stay at the Grand Hyatt Doha, instead of us - not to shy you away, yes, we do like kids, but we are more a business hotel with limited activities, whereby the Grand Hyatt has extensive out door gardens, pool and beach.

You can always direct mail me [email protected] and i would call to discuss in more details any of your queries.

Best,

Stefan
Thank you @Stefan.Gaessler for your honesty I appreciate it.

I did around 60 nights last year at Grand Hyatt Doha, and whilst I love the facilitates the property is quite dated (especially the rooms) and hence why I would prefer modern rooms, however if I am able to stay at say the Park Hyatt and utilize the facilities at Grand Hyatt that could work (which I understand from your message is possible?)
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:12 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by drewp123
Your presence here drove me to choose PH DOH for my upcoming layover, just fyi.
Dear Drew123, great, i received your mail and have flagged your reservation. Pleasure to reconfirm complimentary upgrade to a Park Suite with great views over the city.
Unfortunately the weather is a bit messy today, maybe a bit of rain, try our Spa and Gym in case your have no plans and get pampered in Park Hyatt style.

Not sure your arrival time, ask our team to call me on arrival, would be great to meet..

Stefan
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:53 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Thank you @Stefan.Gaessler for your honesty I appreciate it.

I did around 60 nights last year at Grand Hyatt Doha, and whilst I love the facilitates the property is quite dated (especially the rooms) and hence why I would prefer modern rooms, however if I am able to stay at say the Park Hyatt and utilize the facilities at Grand Hyatt that could work (which I understand from your message is possible?)
Sure, since you are a Globalist, i would arrange with the colleagues over at the Grand Hyatt, All I would need you to do is to direct mail me [email protected] once you have made the reservation so i can add a comment to your profile and it will be handled accordingly.
Hope to see you soon at Park Hyatt Doha.

Stefan
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Sure, since you are a Globalist, i would arrange with the colleagues over at the Grand Hyatt, All I would need you to do is to direct mail me [email protected] once you have made the reservation so i can add a comment to your profile and it will be handled accordingly.
Hope to see you soon at Park Hyatt Doha.

Stefan
This is just unheard of this much attentiveness by a GM in a FT forum. We really do appreciate it.
escape4, 59Impala and AbuCordoba like this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:32 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
This is just unheard of this much attentiveness by a GM in a FT forum. We really do appreciate it.
Really my pleasure, actually it is a great forum and to be able to immediately assist.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:41 pm

Had a very nice stay at PH Doha. Room upgraded to a Park Suite prior to arrival. Elegant design, great service, highly recommend. My only hope is that my layover could be longer!

Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:40 pm
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by yuzheny
Had a very nice stay at PH Doha. Room upgraded to a Park Suite prior to arrival. Elegant design, great service, highly recommend. My only hope is that my layover could be longer!

Hi Yuzhen, great to know you safely made it back to the US, indeed you should have stayed more than just stopping over. There is only way around it, plan a longer layover next time, there are lots of things to do and to see in even walk-in distance from the hotel, incl the Souq, museums, or just a walk on the Corniche. Drop me a note prior to your next trip and we get together.

Regards from Doha,

Stefan
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I booked here given the GM's attentiveness, and was not disappointed. He was kind enough to greet me at check in.

It's a beautiful hotel, and the GM has made clear he's the intent to make it well-functioning as well. I'd the pleasure of a brief conversation and he willingly incorporates feedback to ensure the guest's experience is optimal. For that reason, I encourage feedback here to improve everybody's stay.

There are control panels for each room. The panels have icons which make it easy to discern what each button is for, e.g. window shades, reading lights, etc. This is a nice departure from other panels that leave you guessing.

I had an early departure and they provided a complimentary bag to go given it was before breakfast hours. I didn't ask if breakfast is served in the room for Globalists (sorry), but I will note here it's a nice touch when PH hotels do that, e.g. Tokyo, Paris, etc. If they offer it here all the better.

The sushi upstairs is good and the staff attentive. The room service falafel is ok. It was delivered ahead of time and with a smile

I was pre-upgraded to a suite. Will this continue when occupancy is higher? Who knows. Though, the initiative and geniality to Globalists bodes well for the future. I would assume if there's a suite available they won't make us grovel.

It's convenient for layovers given the proximity to the airport. My drivers weren't familiar with the hotel, but this will change over time.

There are USB ports in the night clock, but that clock is only on one side. For the other side it would be nice to have some options (or my wife will always win).

In the suite you have to move the vanity mirror to make a dedicated desk. That's my largest complaint, but that's admittedly small and easy enough to overcome.

I have another layover planned here and will report back with more!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:38 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by drewp123
I booked here given the GM's attentiveness, and was not disappointed. He was kind enough to greet me at check in.

It's a beautiful hotel, and the GM has made clear he's the intent to make it well-functioning as well. I'd the pleasure of a brief conversation and he willingly incorporates feedback to ensure the guest's experience is optimal. For that reason, I encourage feedback here to improve everybody's stay.

There are control panels for each room. The panels have icons which make it easy to discern what each button is for, e.g. window shades, reading lights, etc. This is a nice departure from other panels that leave you guessing.

I had an early departure and they provided a complimentary bag to go given it was before breakfast hours. I didn't ask if breakfast is served in the room for Globalists (sorry), but I will note here it's a nice touch when PH hotels do that, e.g. Tokyo, Paris, etc. If they offer it here all the better.

The sushi upstairs is good and the staff attentive. The room service falafel is ok. It was delivered ahead of time and with a smile

I was pre-upgraded to a suite. Will this continue when occupancy is higher? Who knows. Though, the initiative and geniality to Globalists bodes well for the future. I would assume if there's a suite available they won't make us grovel.

It's convenient for layovers given the proximity to the airport. My drivers weren't familiar with the hotel, but this will change over time.

There are USB ports in the night clock, but that clock is only on one side. For the other side it would be nice to have some options (or my wife will always win).

In the suite you have to move the vanity mirror to make a dedicated desk. That's my largest complaint, but that's admittedly small and easy enough to overcome.

I have another layover planned here and will report back with more!
Thank you for your kind words and constructive feed-back, always good to know where we can improve. Definitely a good point to provide room service breakfast for early departing Globalists, I ll mention it our team internally, but also do request it upon check-in and mention my name (it does help).
Last but not least, pleasure to inform we have opened ANIS, a healthy eatery on the ground floor, offering salads, snacks, and beverages to enjoy indoor and / or outdoor or for take away.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Stefan
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:45 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Thank you for your kind words and constructive feed-back, always good to know where we can improve. Definitely a good point to provide room service breakfast for early departing Globalists, I ll mention it our team internally, but also do request it upon check-in and mention my name (it does help).
Last but not least, pleasure to inform we have opened ANIS, a healthy eatery on the ground floor, offering salads, snacks, and beverages to enjoy indoor and / or outdoor or for take away.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Stefan
Sorry, forgot one last one, Suite upgrade for Globalist is guaranteed as long one of the 33 suites is available..i would think there is almost always one available for our Globalists, just book early, and / or send me a mail, so we will block one.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:52 am

Sorry, forgot one last one, Suite upgrade for Globalist is guaranteed as long one of the 33 suites is available..i would think there is almost always one available for our Globalists, just book early, and / or send me a mail, so we will block one.
This is how a property that values globalists is run, wish more GMs were like you sir!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Wow, I am loving this thread. So much positivity.

As a Globalist on a Hyatt World Tour, I am looking forward to staying here on my way to/from the new Alila Hinu Bay in Oman when it opens later this year. Want to fly Qatar QSuite into Doha, relax and explore while based at PH Doha, have coffee with Stefan, move on. Rinse/repeat on return flight. Super excited to put this itinerary together

Some trips you really look forward to more than others and already know this is going to be so awesome.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:04 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Just checked in and had a brief interaction with the staff before I had to shoot off for some meetings, the staff so far have been exemplary and even knew my name at the ground floor when I arrived. I will give a further update and give feedback on how kid friendly the hotel is when my son and wife arrive in a few hours!
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:04 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
This is how a property that values globalists is run, wish more GMs were like you sir!
Thank you very much, truly a pleasure if my team and i can be of assistance, the happier the guests are, the more likely they return and / or tell their friends. Hope you will make it one day for a a visit yourself.
Regards

Stefan
3rdworldresident likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.