Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Doha REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Doha REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:07 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Just checked in and had a brief interaction with the staff before I had to shoot off for some meetings, the staff so far have been exemplary and even knew my name at the ground floor when I arrived. I will give a further update and give feedback on how kid friendly the hotel is when my son and wife arrive in a few hours!
Yes, your wife has safely arrived with us, give me a call later when you get in, however i need to leave by 5.30pm for an event outside..else tomorrow morning. Rest assured you are in good hands with our team.
Regards

Stefan
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:25 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Wow, I am loving this thread. So much positivity.

As a Globalist on a Hyatt World Tour, I am looking forward to staying here on my way to/from the new Alila Hinu Bay in Oman when it opens later this year. Want to fly Qatar QSuite into Doha, relax and explore while based at PH Doha, have coffee with Stefan, move on. Rinse/repeat on return flight. Super excited to put this itinerary together

Some trips you really look forward to more than others and already know this is going to be so awesome.
Thats great to hear, direct mail me [email protected] if my team or i can be of assistance. Coffee, lunch and / or dinner is a must when you are with us, we have just recently received our hotel liquor license, so i can also offer a good selection of wines.
The QSuite on Qatar Airways is a killer, flew the other myself, i didn't want to get off the plane anymore.

Not sure if you are aware Alila is now part of the Hyatt portfolio and there is already an existing Alila up in the mountains of Oman, the Alila Jabar Akhdar, apparently a very luxurious and tranquil hotel. The Alila you are planning to visit will be on the beach, for sure another stunning hotel.

Best regards

Stefan
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Stefan.Gaessler
Not sure if you are aware Alila is now part of the Hyatt portfolio and there is already an existing Alila up in the mountains of Oman, the Alila Jabar Akhdar, apparently a very luxurious and tranquil hotel.

Best regards

Stefan
Well aware (some may not yet be). Was at Jabar Akhdar in December. Absolutely fell in love with Oman and the Alila experience there was 10/10. The GM there, Karl, was extremely gracious (as you are). Can't wait to get back! Thank you for your kind public reply and comments and look forward to seeing you either this spring or in the fall.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:17 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Sorry, forgot one last one, Suite upgrade for Globalist is guaranteed as long one of the 33 suites is available..i would think there is almost always one available for our Globalists, just book early, and / or send me a mail, so we will block one.
Good morning to all the Globalists, just to inform you , you can enjoy your breakfast either in OPUS, which is the main restaurant. Alternatively in the privacy of your room delivered by Room Service, since some of you are stopping over and travelling on different time zones, Room Service breakfast is available 24 hours.
Regards from sunny Doha.

Stefan Gaessler
General Manager
Aventine, drewp123 and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Good morning to all the Globalists, just to inform you , you can enjoy your breakfast either in OPUS, which is the main restaurant. Alternatively in the privacy of your room delivered by Room Service, since some of you are stopping over and travelling on different time zones, Room Service breakfast is available 24 hours.
Regards from sunny Doha.

Stefan Gaessler
General Manager
A property and GM that is the very best that PH has to offer.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:43 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

To All the Globalist Members:

If any of you are planning to visit us here at Park Hyatt Doha, during the month of March and April, please direct mail me [email protected] i have a few limited number of complimentary airport limousine pick-ups reserved for you, happy to make the necessary arrangements.

Safe travels in these difficult times,
Regards

Stefan
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Another kudos to an interactive GM. Just booked in May. Looking forward to it!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:54 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by windycityf
Another kudos to an interactive GM. Just booked in May. Looking forward to it!
Great to hear you booked with us...from your profile you are a Globalist...send me your flight details [email protected] and I will send you a limousine for complimentary airport transfer.
Regards

Stefan
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:27 pm

Thoughts on PH vs Grand Hyatt? We have a stopover leaving us in DOH for about 15 hours next week. Long enough for dinner, a good sleep and some wandering. I was looking at using a free night certificate with Marriott or Hyatt and this property popped up. Would have to pay, but it seems to get some of the better reviews here. Thoughts?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:53 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by JMR1223
Thoughts on PH vs Grand Hyatt? We have a stopover leaving us in DOH for about 15 hours next week. Long enough for dinner, a good sleep and some wandering. I was looking at using a free night certificate with Marriott or Hyatt and this property popped up. Would have to pay, but it seems to get some of the better reviews here. Thoughts?
I have to be honest here, the Grand Hyatt is definitely the place if you look for lots of outdoor pools, gardens, beach, great for kids, incredible beach parties every weekend, the best Thai resto in town.
Our Park Hyatt is more residential, just recently opened in Dec last year, boutique style, more for couples than families, walk in distance to the Soukh, in a few minutes down to the Corniche, Museum of Islamic Art nearby, amazing Japanese resto on the 21st floor with breathtaking views,

Last but not least check the rates online, which most likely are higher at the Park, with the current situation you can decide literally last minute.

Taxis incl Uber are very affordable here in Doha, so no matter where you stay, it is easy to get around.
Hope that helps but direct mail me at [email protected]

Best regards

Stefan
General manager
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:40 am

I have to be honest here, the Grand Hyatt is definitely the place if you look for lots of outdoor pools, gardens, beach, great for kids, incredible beach parties every weekend, the best Thai resto in town.
Our Park Hyatt is more residential, just recently opened in Dec last year, boutique style, more for couples than families, walk in distance to the Soukh, in a few minutes down to the Corniche, Museum of Islamic Art nearby, amazing Japanese resto on the 21st floor with breathtaking views,

Last but not least check the rates online, which most likely are higher at the Park, with the current situation you can decide literally last minute.

Taxis incl Uber are very affordable here in Doha, so no matter where you stay, it is easy to get around.
Hope that helps but direct mail me at [email protected]

Best regards

Stefan
General manager
Thanks, Stefan!! This is a super helpful comparison! Sounds like the PH is the place for us this trip (sans children lol) if we make it out of the airport. Trying to convince my hubby that leaving DOH still makes sense.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:41 pm
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by JMR1223
Thanks, Stefan!! This is a super helpful comparison! Sounds like the PH is the place for us this trip (sans children lol) if we make it out of the airport. Trying to convince my hubby that leaving DOH still makes sense.
Thank you and that is great news. Just let me know once you have booked and made your arrangements or likewise if i can be of any further assistance. Even though at the moment the world is on lock-down, I am sure also this crisis like so many others will pass and we will collectively learn a lot moving forward.

Stay safe and healthy wherever you are ..

Regards

Stefan
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:04 pm

Thank you and that is great news. Just let me know once you have booked and made your arrangements or likewise if i can be of any further assistance. Even though at the moment the world is on lock-down, I am sure also this crisis like so many others will pass and we will collectively learn a lot moving forward.

Stay safe and healthy wherever you are ..

Regards

Stefan
Stefan just so you know you are one of the best represtantions of the Hyatt brand on here. I haven't been to Doha but I plan to go just to visit your hotel, thatts in large part because of how wonderful a GM you are.
afmiami, Aventine and 59Impala like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:31 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Stefan just so you know you are one of the best represtantions of the Hyatt brand on here. I haven't been to Doha but I plan to go just to visit your hotel, thatts in large part because of how wonderful a GM you are.
Thank you for your kind words, always a pleasure to be of assistance.
Even more so, once this global issue is under control, which it will be eventually.
The very best to you and everbody else.

Regards

Stefan
afmiami likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Hello Stefan or anyone else who has stayed during the lockdown, what is the situation regarding breakfast and dining?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.