Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Doha REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:23 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG

Surprised, not to have seen a separate thread on the Park Hyatt Doha, which has officially opened (else apologies and please merge or delete thread).

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123912

CHICAGO (November 30, 2019) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the opening of Park Hyatt Doha in Qatar. The hotel occupies a prime location within the heart of Doha’s new commercial and residential downtown district, Msheireb, and integrates the best elements of Doha’s heritage with refined accommodations that provide a luxurious oasis amidst the pulsating capital.

“We are delighted to bring the Park Hyatt brand to the culturally and creatively rich city of Doha,” said Kurt Straub, Hyatt’s vice president of operations for the Middle East, Africa, and South West Asia. “The Park Hyatt brand is dedicated to creating exceptional and memorable experiences, and we are thrilled to welcome guests from around the world to this very unique location. The introduction of Park Hyatt Doha in Qatar strengthens Hyatt’s vision of being the preferred brand for global travelers and enhances the brand footprint of Hyatt’s luxury portfolio in the Middle East.”

• Guestroom at Park Hyatt Doha

• Sora, Japanese restaurant and lounge, inside Park Hyatt Doha.

Located in Msheireb Downtown Doha, the hotel is less than 10 miles (16 km) from Hamad International Airport, and a stone’s throw away from a Light Rail stop that runs through the development, as well as a short walk from the city’s points of interest, including the Museum of Islamic Art and the National Museum of Qatar, Souk Waqif.

“We are thrilled to be part of the Msheireb development, Doha’s first sustainable regeneration project,” said Stefan Gaessler, the hotel’s general manager. “Sustainability runs throughout the design of the project and all its buildings to reduce the project’s carbon footprint and generate less waste, aligning with Hyatt’s sustainability efforts to use resources thoughtfully, build smart, and innovate and inspire for a more sustainable future.”

Guestrooms

The hotel features 187 elegant guest rooms, including 28 Park Suites, three Park Executive Suites, one Diplomat Suite, and one Presidential Suite. All rooms artfully combine a residential quality and understated luxury with the mystique of Qatari-inspired details; featuring floor to ceiling windows, luxury window seats, and a designer marble bathroom with deep soaking tub, rain shower and double vanity sink. The Presidential Suite, an extraordinary 4,305-square-foot (400-square-meter) two-bedroom space, and the Diplomat Suite, a capacious 2,690-square-foot (250-square-meter) one-bedroom space, both offer guests a private terrace with magnificent views over the Doha Corniche.

Dining

Home to rare and immersive culinary experiences, Park Hyatt Doha offers a world-class culinary journey. Sora, a stylish Japanese restaurant and lounge, offers magical views of Doha’s skyline and boasts an ultra-modern space where guests can share small plates and enjoy the distinctive art of Robata. In Japanese cuisine, Robata refers to a method of cooking, similar to barbecue in which food items are cooked at varying speeds over hot charcoal.

The open-kitchen concept of Opus offers the freshest in local ingredients and a mix of Qatari and French cuisines with menus curated by Qatari celebrity chef, Shams Al Qassabi, and Park Hyatt Paris-Vendme’s Michelin-starred chef, Jean-Franois Rouquette.

With meals that please the eye and the soul, Anis is an all-day eatery serving as a social hub for health-conscious locals, passers-by and in-house guests to enjoy healthy to-go options, a variety of coffee, fresh juices and smoothies.

Events

A premier location to host inspiring and sophisticated corporate and social events, Park Hyatt Doha boasts a range of elegantly presented spaces, from a 376-square-foot (35-square-meter) intimate study lounge to a luxurious 3,196-square-foot (297-square-meter) pillarless ballroom.

For wedding celebrations, the hotel’s in-house events manager offers expert consultation to make guests’ dream weddings come true with meticulous attention to detail. Event and meeting spaces include a private entrance where guests are welcomed into a luxurious and intimate, apartment-style reception. Menus are also curated to satisfy every taste with the eloquent matching of culinary delights and the finest of drinks.

Wellness

Park Hyatt Doha’s luxurious spa covers two floors, with one floor dedicated to women and another for men. Here, guests are greeted to a tranquil space, thoughtfully curated mood-inducing treatments, and a luxurious wet area featuring mood showers, a whirlpool, sauna, a steam room and an ice room. The spa also offers a post-treatment virtual reality headset which will leave guests with a carefully designed experience to complete their wellness journey.

The fitness center provides separate facilities for ladies and gentlemen with ample space and panoramic views over the Doha Corniche, coupled with the latest in weight training and cardiovascular equipment.

The year-round, semi-covered pool offers magical views over the city from the sixth floor, and is perfect for both business and leisure guests to catch up on work or unwind with a book, while enjoying hand-crafted healthy beverages.

For more information on the Park Hyatt brand and its range of properties worldwide, visit www.hyatt.com/parkhyatt and connect with the Park Hyatt brand on Facebook and Instagram.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm curious to hear any stay reviews as well.

Last edited by Aventine; Dec 2, 2019 at 2:09 am
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for this. Just booked for next month for a stopover in Qatar.
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:20 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Thanks for this. Just booked for next month for a stopover in Qatar.
would be great if you would provide a short review
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
would be great if you would provide a short review
I most certainly will.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:12 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Dear Aventine, indeed we just opened Park Hyatt Doha on Sunday, it really came out very nice, and a great location in the city center in walking distance from the Souq,
If you ever visit Doha, please do visit us, and if it is only for showing you around.
Best regards
Stefan Gaessler
General Manager
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:15 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Dear Brandinho1

Excellent, great to hear you booked with us already. If your schedule permits, please ask one of our associates at the front desk to connect you with me, would be a pleasure meeting you and showing you around..as well as to get your constructive feed-back.
Safe travels to Doha and regards

Stefan Gaessler
General manager
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by Stefan.Gaessler

Excellent, great to hear you booked with us already. If your schedule permits, please ask one of our associates at the front desk to connect you with me, would be a pleasure meeting you and showing you around..as well as to get your constructive feed-back.

Stefan Gaessler
General manager
Stefan, nice of you to take the initiative and welcome future guests, not every GM has this attention. I also plan to visit next April for an overnight in Doha. Wish you well, I usually enjoy PHs.
Aventine and Quinlanty like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:13 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Dear afmiami,

Thank you, i can see you are a Globalist, even more so would it be a pleasure to meet you as well, and to get your feed-back. You can also check us out on Instagram under parkhyattdoha as well as our restaurants, a beautiful modern Japanese restaurant SORA located on the 21st floor with spectacular views from a large outdoor terrace, or OPUS, our main restaurant on the third floor offering Qatari homestyle cuisine under the watchful eyes of a Qatari elderly lady, in addition to a selection of French Brasserie style creations, with the assistance of Michelin Star Chef, Jean Francois Roquette from Park Hyatt Paris Vendome in Paris.
Send me a direct mail to [email protected] once you have booked and we 'll meet...

Regards

Stefan
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:16 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by afmiami
Stefan, nice of you to take the initiative and welcome future guests, not every GM has this attention. I also plan to visit next April for an overnight in Doha. Wish you well, I usually enjoy PHs.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:22 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by afmiami
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stefan.Gaessler
Dear Brandinho1

Stefan Gaessler
General manager
Thank you I will do that.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
This hotel looks beautiful. Hoping to get there sometime in 2020.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:06 am
Retired, Park Hyatt Doha

Park Hyatt Doha

Originally Posted by joe_miami
This hotel looks beautiful. Hoping to get there sometime in 2020.
Hi Joe_Miami, We will be here, looking forward to your visit. You can also check us out in Instragram under parkhyattdoha as well as the Japanese Resto under soradoha and the all day dining under opusdoha which is a combination of Qatar / French cuisine, combining the local traditional with french ..
Regards
Stefan

Last edited by Stefan.Gaessler; Dec 9, 2019 at 4:06 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
There's a video tour of a Park Suite by a German blogger (not me):

Taken from his review in German (use Google Translate if necessary):
https://svenblogt.boardingarea.com/v...rk-hyatt-doha/
https://svenblogt.boardingarea.com/r...en-suite-tour/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.