Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

10% Discount on Hyatt Gift Card Purchases

Old Nov 24, 19, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion

Just received this offer. I haven't seen Hyatt selling gift cards at a discount in quite some time!

Receive 10% off the face value when you purchase a Hyatt Gift Card this holiday season from November 29, 2019 through December 2, 2019 and from December 20, 2019 through December 23, 2019. Must use offer code: WINTER19
Old Nov 24, 19, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelStar View Post
Just received this offer. I haven't seen Hyatt selling gift cards at a discount in quite some time!

Receive 10% off the face value when you purchase a Hyatt Gift Card this holiday season from November 29, 2019 through December 2, 2019 and from December 20, 2019 through December 23, 2019. Must use offer code: WINTER19
Was the offer send via email?
Old Nov 24, 19, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maui4me1 View Post
Was the offer send via email?
Yes. It was an email I received about an hour ago.
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 19, 4:06 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire
I am considering purchasing, does this purchase process as Hyatt so that I can use my Hyatt credit card for bonus points?

Also is there a cap on the discount
Old Nov 24, 19, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Here's the offer. No details were included
Old Nov 24, 19, 5:24 pm

What site does this go to?

On buyatab.com, I don't see a place to enter the offer code.
Old Nov 24, 19, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

It goes to a Buyatab page on the Hyatt website. If you go to the Hyatt homepage, click on "gift cards" near the bottom right of the homepage.

Maybe the offer box comes up on 11/29?
Maui4me1 likes this.

Last edited by TravelStar; Nov 24, 19 at 5:43 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 24, 19, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by TravelStar View Post
It goes to a Buyatab page on the Hyatt website. If you go to the Hyatt homepage, click on "gift cards" near the bottom right of the homepage.

Maybe the offer box comes up on 11/29?
I guess. Then disappears then comes back.

It's true that I get derailed on any checkout attempt once I see a coupon box, so if you have no active coupons, better to have no box.
Old Nov 24, 19, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if I'm tracking with you.....The offer for 10% off is only valid 11/29 to 12/2 and then again from 12/20 to 12/23.
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal View Post
I am considering purchasing, does this purchase process as Hyatt so that I can use my Hyatt credit card for bonus points?

Also is there a cap on the discount
Looking at the gift card FAQs:

Do I receive World Of Hyatt points when I purchase Hyatt Gift cards?

Yes and No. Hyatt Gift Card purchases are not eligible to earn World Of Hyatt points directly from Hyatt, however, when using the World of Hyatt or Hyatt Credit Card from Chase, 1 Bonus Point per $1 spent will be earned.

Is there a minimum amount and/or maximum amount I can put on a Hyatt Gift Card?

Yes. Hyatt Gift Cards have a minimum value of $25 and maximum value of $2000. You cannot buy any more than $10,000 of Hyatt Gift Cards within the same day.

There are no terms for the 10% promo itself, so conceivably you should be able to get $10K per day of gift cards.
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75k, DL DM, UA 1k, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oc2005 View Post
Looking at the gift card FAQs:

Yes and No. Hyatt Gift Card purchases are not eligible to earn World Of Hyatt points directly from Hyatt, however, when using the World of Hyatt or Hyatt Credit Card from Chase, 1 Bonus Point per $1 spent will be earned.

Is there a minimum amount and/or maximum amount I can put on a Hyatt Gift Card?

Yes. Hyatt Gift Cards have a minimum value of $25 and maximum value of $2000. You cannot buy any more than $10,000 of Hyatt Gift Cards within the same day.

There are no terms for the 10% promo itself, so conceivably you should be able to get $10K per day of gift cards.
Thanks for doing the legwork on that and posting it! Those of us who did not think to look for the fine print are now the wiser for it ^

How long has it been since a better offer on Hyatt? 20% off a couple years ago? Trying to decide if I want to go whole-hog on $10k...
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by oc2005 View Post

So i dont really get it. If you get a 10% discount now, but no "payback" for staying and paying ( which i roughly count a 10% discount as a Glob) , where is the deal ?
Old Nov 25, 19, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
The last time I bought gift cards from Hyatt I got 4x points on the Hyatt credit card..
Old Nov 25, 19, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by Maui4me1 View Post
The last time I bought gift cards from Hyatt I got 4x points on the Hyatt credit card..

of course, but as a german... sorry no credit card for us!
Old Nov 25, 19, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo View Post
...How long has it been since a better offer on Hyatt? 20% off a couple years ago?...
I don't EVER remember seeing a 20% discount on Hyatt gift cards directly from Hyatt. I've seen 10% before, but I think it's been several years. Maybe I missed it.
Fairmont does 20% discounts on gift cards a couple of times a year and are offering them for a limited number of hours this Friday. See the AccorHotels Forum if you're interested.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: