Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

10% Discount on Hyatt Gift Card Purchases

10% Discount on Hyatt Gift Card Purchases

Old Nov 29, 19, 11:11 am

False promotion?

Did everyone have success getting this? My code doesn't work and I connected with customer support and they say there is no such promotion.
Old Nov 29, 19, 11:12 am

I tried a mock order. Worked fine for me. WINTER19 produced a 10% discount.
Old Nov 29, 19, 11:57 am

Programs: *A silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
This may be off topic, but how do you actually use these gift cards? When I'm trying to make a hotel reservation, it only gives an option to use a credit card. I don't see any option for gift card payment. And I've confirmed that this hotel is listed in the gift card participating locations.

Am I missing a gift card field somewhere?
Old Nov 29, 19, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by MarcusBWI View Post
This may be off topic, but how do you actually use these gift cards? When I'm trying to make a hotel reservation, it only gives an option to use a credit card. I don't see any option for gift card payment. And I've confirmed that this hotel is listed in the gift card participating locations.

Am I missing a gift card field somewhere?
My experience has been you can only use the cards when checking out.
Old Nov 29, 19, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Originally Posted by leiterk View Post
Did everyone have success getting this? My code doesn't work and I connected with customer support and they say there is no such promotion.
Targeted? Did not get this and it did not work for me.
Old Nov 29, 19, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by diamond_46 View Post
Targeted? Did not get this and it did not work for me.
Nope. Not targeted. AFAIK, you can't even log in to that site, so it can't really be targeted.
Old Nov 29, 19, 1:38 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, AA Plat, HH Gold
I tried to make a purchase just now and it does not work. Connected with the chat support and they said there are currently no offers right now. What gives?
Old Nov 29, 19, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by vivrant View Post
I tried to make a purchase just now and it does not work. Connected with the chat support and they said there are currently no offers right now. What gives?
Not sure what you guys are talking about I went online and tried it right now no issues.
Old Nov 29, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA, SQ, DL
You might have tried adding a card with higher than $1,000 value. Try $1,000 or below and see if it works. Might have to make multiple card purchases. When I attempted $2,000, it didnít recognize the code.

Originally Posted by vivrant View Post
Old Nov 30, 19, 5:10 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, AA Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mg1976 View Post
You might have tried adding a card with higher than $1,000 value. Try $1,000 or below and see if it works. Might have to make multiple card purchases. When I attempted $2,000, it didnít recognize the code.
this was the problem. I was trying $2000. Just did $1k and it worked fine. Bollocks to their chat customer service for not even being able to point this out.
Old Nov 30, 19, 9:40 am

Working for $1000 or under confirmed

It's amazing that customer service didn't know about this. I waited online for like 40 minutes to get erroneous information from them!
Old Nov 30, 19, 2:09 pm

Just tried and worked fine GC went through no issues. I think itís a good deal.
Old Nov 30, 19, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
I tried doing a smaller order as well and it worked.

Last edited by diamond_46; Nov 30, 19 at 5:36 pm Reason: Additional information.
Old Nov 30, 19, 9:14 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob
Does anyone know if you can use multiple gift cards for payment at hotel check out? EG - $3000 folio, pay with 3x $1000 gift card? I assume it's possible but wanted to check before committing to a purchase.
Old Nov 30, 19, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by gravii View Post
Does anyone know if you can use multiple gift cards for payment at hotel check out? EG - $3000 folio, pay with 3x $1000 gift card? I assume it's possible but wanted to check before committing to a purchase.
Yes you can
gravii likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: