Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Hyatt lounges have proper champagne?

Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:19 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
Original Poster

I’m sitting in the lounge at GH Fukuoka (where there’s a hard-to-figure-out rotation of sparkling wine, Moet, and Roederer) and reading the thread on the IC forum about lounges that serve proper champagne. Which Hyatt lounges serve champagne?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Glob happy hour at PH Tokyo has two sparkling wines from Australia, a brut and a rose. They're not champagne but they're very reasonable.

IIRC there's an inexpensive champagne offered at GH Rio (Barra) and GH ICN but I'm not sure.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:34 am

Ruinart at GH Hong Kong, Veuve Clicquot at GH Macau on fri/sat.
beachmiles, ZBigFam and Quinlanty like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

GH Seoul serves Chandon sparkling wine from USA or Australia.

GH Incheon serves some sort of sparkling wine that wasn't very memorable or famous.

GH Erawan has prosecco.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This thread only makes sense if "proper champagne" is always better than "sparking wine". Hint... it isn't...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
This thread only makes sense if "proper champagne" is always better than "sparking wine". Hint... it isn't...
Ok, great. I'm feeling generous today, so allow me to extend the post padding opportunity by inviting you to list Hyatt lounges that have "sparkling wine" that is better than "proper champagne."
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:53 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by jclia
Ruinart at GH Hong Kong, Veuve Clicquot at GH Macau on fri/sat.
that certainly is...
skywalkerLAX, gengar and reigndrop like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
The fact remains is that champagne is from Champagne. Sparkling wine is not champagne.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think the consensus could be that very few GHs serve champagne from Champagne, France.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think the consensus could be that very few GHs serve champagne from Champagne, France.
not really. a consensus is not needed.

Champagne is ALWAYS from Champagne, France. it is a protected name. anything else is sparkling wine, prosecco, Sekt, or whatever. there is also sparkling wine from other parts in France, and that is not called Champagne.

Champagne on the other hand is sparkling wine.

it is pretty simple.
MSPeconomist and Axwell D like this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 21, 2019 at 9:53 am
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by 59Impala
not really. a consensus is not needed.

Champagne is ALWAYS from Champagne, France. it is a protected name. anything else is sparkling wine, prosecco, Sekt, or whatever. there is also sparkling wine from other parts in France, and that is not called Champagne.

Champagne on the other hand is sparkling wine.

it is pretty simple.
How about Korbel?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by schriste
How about Korbel?
no idea never heard of this.

this thread is derailing. the OP wanted to know where Champagne is served, nothing else.

maybe we can start discussing the difference between Switzerland and Sweden, too
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala

this thread is derailing. the OP wanted to know where Champagne is served, nothing else.
Probably because hotels are almost always too cost-conscious to serve decent sparking wine, whether it has a French label or not...

I suspect that many of us can't actually answer the question, because we have learned that the hangover isn't worth it... so we ignore the bubbly, no matter its nationality!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

It kinda saddens me that FT has gotten to the point where threads with a pretty clear (and IMO at least somewhat pertinent) topic end up being derailed by wise cracks and useless sidebars. Thanks to the handful of people who actually listed lounges that serve Champagne. Those who insist that “sparkling wine” is better than Champagne, please tell us which Hyatt lounges serve that stuff.

In the meantime, here is the IHG thread that inspired my inquiry. And for the record, my fourth night at GH Fukuoka has Roederer Brut Premier, after Chandon, Moët, and Nicolas Feuillatte.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The last time I stayed at GH Tokyo they did have "proper" champagne there however that was in January of 2018. It wasn't a big brand name but def champagne and it was very good.

Maybe someone can update with a more recent experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.