Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Four nights short of Globalist - recommendations?

Old Nov 12, 19, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist

With my current travel plans it looks like Iíll be ending the year with 56 nights, four nights short of Globalist.

What would you recommend?

Are the additional benefits of Globalist va Explorist even worth it?

Iím a bit hesitant booking a 4 day stay in Europe just for the sake of status given prices of Hyatt properties over here, and donít want to travel oversees for this. Any thoughts?

Is there any grace period for making stays of early 2020 count?
Old Nov 12, 19, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Chris0815 View Post
What would you recommend?
Mattress run. Find the cheapest convenient Hyatt and run four nights.
Are the additional benefits of Globalist va Explorist even worth it?
Yes.
Is there any grace period for making stays of early 2020 count?
No. You have to check out by Dec. 31 for the nights to count for 2019.
Old Nov 12, 19, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Remember that nights paid with points or free night certs count for status.

Find either a cheap Hyatt near you or some hotel(s) where you would like to spend a fun long weekend.

BTW, can we assume that you're not a Glob this year? If you are, requalification requires only 55 nights this year.
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Globalist is definitely worth it.

The Hyatt Place hotels near Heathrow can be ridiculously cheap. Somewhat less so the HPs at FRA and AMS. Don't forget that you're getting triple points at HPs before 15 December, so that gives you an extra 10 points per $ --> a 25% rebate by my calculations.

You can also find reasonably priced Hyatts for a weekend getaway in Istanbul, Athens, Milan, etc.
creativeguess1 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:17 am

Programs: UA Global Services 2.92+ MM, Hyatt Globalist
I agree with the others - Globalist make a difference over Explorist. There are many properties that can be found for low point redemption. Did you say where your home base was and where you might be traveling?
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meducate View Post
I agree with the others - Globalist make a difference over Explorist. There are many properties that can be found for low point redemption. Did you say where your home base was and where you might be traveling?
Iíd consider all of Europe, but wouldnít be traveling further abroad.
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:49 am

Not possible for you to apply for the WOH credit card? Via a relative or close friend in the US?
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, SQ G, WoH Glob, SHL D
I think we can't really help you with that. The properties and rates are easy to find out. The rest is up to you, depending on how many points you have and want to redeem, which place you like, how close to a property you live etc etc etc... If you expect to stay 50+ nights next year again, I'd definitely go for Glob!
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hydro88 View Post
I think we can't really help you with that. The properties and rates are easy to find out. The rest is up to you, depending on how many points you have and want to redeem, which place you like, how close to a property you live etc etc etc... If you expect to stay 50+ nights next year again, I'd definitely go for Glob!
Point taken. But maybe if people have a good points/value recommendation Iíd still appreciate it.
Old Nov 13, 19, 9:13 am

If you're willing to simply burn the points, look for the closest cat 1 or 2 location and book out 4 nights.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/explore-...ionGroup=0-All
Old Nov 13, 19, 11:18 am

Book a stay for a friend/family member and be there to check them in and add their name to the room. Just one option.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Point taken. But maybe if people have a good points/value recommendation Iíd still appreciate it.
Echo the suggestions about the HP by Heathrow. The HP Amsterdam Airport's also very reasonable. Hyatt Regency CDG is slightly more, although I'm not fond of the property.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 19, 3:01 pm

Based on my travel over the next few weeks I'm 2 nights away from getting Globalist again. I live in a super expensive area for hotels so I'm just planning to drive out to the cheaper area for a weekend and get my 2 nights for like $160 and call it a day.
Old Nov 13, 19, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arjaok View Post
Based on my travel over the next few weeks I'm 2 nights away from getting Globalist again. I live in a super expensive area for hotels so I'm just planning to drive out to the cheaper area for a weekend and get my 2 nights for like $160 and call it a day.
In the US that should be relatively easy, as Hyatt has a lot of different hotel classes there, and actually three times more locations.

In Europe, Hyatts are typically much higher end properties of major city Park Hyatts or too end SLHs, there is only a really tiny handful of Hyatt Places and other budget locations. And most of them for me require a dedicated flight to get there.

That said this thread has given me some good ideas already.
Old Nov 14, 19, 1:57 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Dont forget about the double stay credits at the unbound collection hotels if you are eligible.for the promo. Looks like the Hotel Martinez in Cannes is a fantastic deal for a mattress run at 2 nights elite credit per 160 euro night, Hotel Sofia Barcelona also very reasonable at doble stay credits etc.

link to sign up for promo
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...le-nights.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: